Your thoughts on Storm Related Curfews

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Being I'm a grown adult and have common sense I feel for adult for any reason are unconstitutional unless marshal law is invoked. The curfews imposed in South Florida are ridiculous, as an example Broward County had a 4PM to 10AM curfew. When the government treats it citizens like children it is time to replace that government,

Being I'm a grown adult and have common sense I feel for adult for any reason are unconstitutional unless marshal law is invoked. The curfews imposed in South Florida are ridiculous, as an example Broward County had a 4PM to 10AM curfew. When the government treats it citizens like children it is time to replace that government,

It is necessary otherwise black looters rob you.

The Gov just showed his ignorance of the working man.

many of us don't work 9-5, many work 2nd and 3rd shift.

so now those people need permission from the government to go to and from work.

I doubt it. There is still a curfew in many places in Texas. A cop friend said he knew lots of people had reasonable problems obeying the curfew, and they generally don;t bother someone on the road to work. However, if they see someone skulking around a neighborhood where many people can't move back to their homes yet, the curfew allows them to stop and question them, or even move them away from the area. Without the curfew, they can't just stop anyone on a suspicion without a valid reason.

How can you be so racist, yet place a Bible and cross as a signature line. AND, come up this way, some pale skin looters will leave you half dead, and your car a burnt wreck.

Just exactly who is Marshall Law and why is he imposing curfews?

Your post loses all credibility if you can't even get that part right.

Shoot them and it wont be a problem.

Just exactly who is Marshall Law and why is he imposing curfews?

Your post loses all credibility if you can't even get that part right.
Hey fuck you, you know exactly what Im talking about
Martial law is that better now dishit

Sure it's a PITA for those like yourself, but it is done as a measure of safety to protect the citizens. As mentioned elsewhere, crime goes up during those hours.

How can you be so racist, yet place a Bible and cross as a signature line. AND, come up this way, some pale skin looters will leave you half dead, and your car a burnt wreck.

Are blacks not racists?
Go around NYC's subway station 125th Street after 8 p.m..

Sure it's a PITA for those like yourself, but it is done as a measure of safety to protect the citizens. As mentioned elsewhere, crime goes up during those hours.
The 4pm to 10AM curfew in Broward was for the entire county not just the evacuation zones, They overstepped their bounds, That is way too much power a county government.

Last edited:

I doubt it. There is still a curfew in many places in Texas. A cop friend said he knew lots of people had reasonable problems obeying the curfew, and they generally don;t bother someone on the road to work. However, if they see someone skulking around a neighborhood where many people can't move back to their homes yet, the curfew allows them to stop and question them, or even move them away from the area. Without the curfew, they can't just stop anyone on a suspicion without a valid reason.
so w/o a curfew, we, Americans, get to keep our right to privacy.

please tell me your stance on 'stop and frisk' if it doesn't mirror what you just said about curfews.....

please tell me your stance on 'stop and frisk' if it doesn't mirror what you just said about curfews.....

Stop and frisk sucks, and isn't exactly the same thing. I can see the similarities, and how extended periods of curfew could lead to horrendous outcomes, but this is a temporary and and needed action to prevent the massive looting that would no doubt be occurring without it. No problems this time, but Rita knocked down my house, and looters took everything of value. I wish there was a curfew then.

Stop and frisk sucks, and isn't exactly the same thing. I can see the similarities, and how extended periods of curfew could lead to horrendous outcomes, but this is a temporary and and needed action to prevent the massive looting that would no doubt be occurring without it. No problems this time, but Rita knocked down my house, and looters took everything of value. I wish there was a curfew then.
that's a shame.

however laws and or rules, have never been an issue for criminals.

humans not only act like children sometimes--but they also ''act like'' animals---especially when law and order turns to chaos ......so you need a curfew
natural disasters are not common, so you need uncommon rules

Forum List

Back