Americans Own over 700 Million Ammo Mags with Greater Than 10-Round Capacity

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

A report from the National Shooting Sports Foundation found that as of 2021, Americans owned over 700 million ammunition magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.

Their data estimated a total of 963.7 million magazines in circulation in the US, with 717.9 million having capacities above 10 rounds.

Notably, magazines holding 30 or more rounds made up 46% of the total. The NSSF pointed out high-capacity magazines are standard in America.

A NSSF executive commented that law-abiding gun owners overwhelmingly choose magazines holding over 10 rounds for purposes like self-defense, target shooting, and hunting.

“The data establishes that law-abiding gun owners overwhelming choose magazines that have a capacity to hold more than ten rounds for lawful purposes including self-defense, target shooting and hunting,” said NSSF senior vice president and general counsel Larry Keane.

There were estimated to be 28.1 million rifles in circulation that could meet the description of “assault weapons” proposed by Democrats.

Can anyone say "will not comply"?

Sure sounds like they are in "common use" for lawful purposes.

According to Heller, an arm in common use cannot be banned.

A report from the National Shooting Sports Foundation found that as of 2021, Americans owned over 700 million ammunition magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.

Their data estimated a total of 963.7 million magazines in circulation in the US, with 717.9 million having capacities above 10 rounds.

Notably, magazines holding 30 or more rounds made up 46% of the total. The NSSF pointed out high-capacity magazines are standard in America.

A NSSF executive commented that law-abiding gun owners overwhelmingly choose magazines holding over 10 rounds for purposes like self-defense, target shooting, and hunting.

“The data establishes that law-abiding gun owners overwhelming choose magazines that have a capacity to hold more than ten rounds for lawful purposes including self-defense, target shooting and hunting,” said NSSF senior vice president and general counsel Larry Keane.

There were estimated to be 28.1 million rifles in circulation that could meet the description of “assault weapons” proposed by Democrats.

The left's fascist gun confiscation fantasies are just that - fantasies. They'll never get it done.

Does a 200 round belt count?

Washington state ban on high-capacity ammunition magazines ruled unconstitutional, but state appeals

Does a 200 round belt count?
Check out the CA laws on belts.
Essentially, you are limited to a 10rd belt.
Unless it was assembled and in the state before the mag ban.
If so, it can be as long as you want, and you can add rounds any time you want.
SOP is to load the last 5 links with dummy rounds, fire the belt, and then add more.

How the state will prove a belt is illegal is beyond me, but liberals aren't known for gun laws that make sense.

Check out the CA laws on belts.
Essentially, you are limited to a 10rd belt.
Unless it was assembled and in the state before the mag ban.
If so, it can be as long as you want, and you can add rounds any time you want.
SOP is to load the last 5 links with dummy rounds, fire the belt, and then add more.

How the state will prove a belt is illegal is beyond me, but liberals aren't known for gun laws that make sense.
I left CA ten years ago--I don't look to be going back anytime soon. But I get your meaning. I don't know why the SCOTUS hasn't overturned that law. Seems the CA Rifle and Pistol Assn. had a challenge when I left.

I left CA ten years ago--I don't look to be going back anytime soon. But I get your meaning. I don't know why the SCOTUS hasn't overturned that law. Seems the CA Rifle and Pistol Assn. had a challenge when I left.
The CRPA lawyers are not solid 2nd Amendment supporters. They've posted several posts on X showing their weak support.

Forum List

Back