Jan. 6th, The Law, and Nancy Pelosi's Dereliction of Duty

You will wait, or do you mean you will ignore or redirect the attention away from that which proves you are wrong

By law and precedent, the Speaker of the House is responsible to protect the Capitol Building and Grounds. Read the example I previously posted in reply to your comment and tell me your opinion as to what this states. Please.
1714286476294.png

The people who broke the law are responsible for breaking the law. Not the Speaker of the House.

I really don't know what your point is.
You say those that broke the law--MAGA supporters-- are responsible for breaking the law when earlier you indicated that the capital police were somehow responsible.
I just presented facts with quotes from laws and precedents. You need to start quoting, instead of misdirecting.

The people who broke the law are responsible for breaking the law. Not the Speaker of the House.
so, I never said different and that is not what this thread is about.
Nancy Pelosi was the derelict of duty to protect the Capitol Building.

§1970. Assistance by Executive departments and agencies​

(a) Assistance​

(1) In general​

Executive departments and Executive agencies may assist the United States Capitol Police in the performance of its duties by providing services (including personnel), equipment, and facilities on a temporary and reimbursable basis when requested by the Capitol Police Board or in accordance with paragraph (4) and on a permanent and reimbursable basis upon advance written request of the Capitol Police Board; except that the Department of Defense and the Coast Guard may provide such assistance on a temporary basis without reimbursement when assisting the United States Capitol Police in its duties directly related to protection under sections 1922, 1961, 1966, 1967, and 1969 of this title and sections 5101 to 5107 and 5109 of title 40.1 Before making a request under this paragraph, the Capitol Police Board shall consult with appropriate Members of the Senate and House of Representatives in leadership positions, except in an emergency.

Further, precedents are set, and followed
Sec. 1.2 Federal troops have been called upon to guard the Capitol and
its facilities on several extraordinary occasions.

On Apr. 5, 1968, in response to the widespread civil disorder that
arose in the District of Columbia following the assassination of Dr.
Martin Luther King in Memphis, Tennessee
The deployment of troops was in accordance with the Emergency Plan
for Protection of the Capitol, which had been previously approved by
the Speaker of the House and the Vice President of the United States.
Specific authority was neither requested by nor received from the
Speaker or other Capitol officials prior to the assignment of troops to
guard the Capitol.

The precedents also give examples
Mr. Speaker, I am utterly amazed at my colleague from
Minnesota, a man usually of splendid judgment and absolute fairness. We have on this hill $180,000,000 worth of property. . . . . . . It happens to be the business of the Speaker of the House of Representatives to protect the property on this hill, and it cannot be protected by a few Metropolitan Police. . . . Some dayor some night somebody may come into this building and destroy a million dollars worth of property. As long as I have the responsibility, I am going to keep somebody here to protect these buildings.

Nobody is arguing that those who broke laws is not responsible for their actions.
That is all that matters.

Much like the other terrorists that have attacked America (the 9/11 hijackers for example), we're ready for the next insurrection attempt (hopefully) whether it comes from the left or the right.

While I would prefer they do it at an undisclosed location to prevent such shenanigans in the future, I'm confident that the capitol hill police are ready for the certification that will still, for some bizarre reason take place 6 weeks after we know who won. There is zero reason why it should take so long to do this. But that is a topic for another time.

Yes, following the rules is all that matters, especially when you are 2nd in line for presidency of the united states, after the vice-president.

Hopefully in the future you will believe what you state, that the speaker of the house follows the rules of the house, and not be derelict in the duty to protect the Capitol Building and Grounds, which results in the protection of congress. To ignore precedent is a grave danger. We can not have a potential president of the united states demonstrate again that they are willing to ignore grave danger when forewarned.

Lastamender
so, I never said different and that is not what this thread is about.
Nancy Pelosi was the derelict of duty to protect the Capitol Building.

(a) Assistance​

(1) In general​

Executive departments and Executive agencies may assist the United States Capitol Police in the performance of its duties by providing services (including personnel), equipment, and facilities on a temporary and reimbursable basis when requested by the Capitol Police Board or in accordance with paragraph (4) and on a permanent and reimbursable basis upon advance written request of the Capitol Police Board; except that the Department of Defense and the Coast Guard may provide such assistance on a temporary basis without reimbursement when assisting the United States Capitol Police in its duties directly related to protection under sections 1922, 1961, 1966, 1967, and 1969 of this title and sections 5101 to 5107 and 5109 of title 40.1 Before making a request under this paragraph, the Capitol Police Board shall consult with appropriate Members of the Senate and House of Representatives in leadership positions, except in an emergency.
Could it be that the situation got way out of control, and it is that the Democrat's caused it because of their possible guilty mind's upon how the presidential office was won during their highly controversial election methods used ?????

Were they (the Democrat's), basically stuck in a mode of secrecy that caused people like Pelosi to abandon or ignore her responsibilities along with her duties on that day (leaving the situation wide open), and it all being because of her "GUILTY MIND maybe ???? Was it that she was wondering if they were going to get away with what they had allegedly done to win the election, so she sat on her hands in hopes that what happened therefore provided even more cover over a possible stolen election that had just taken place ? Was it a trap laid or was it just guilty mind's that actually seized up their thinking that would have protected the capital if they would have done their job's upon knowing the possibilities and situations that could occur before hand ???

Much like the other terrorists that have attacked America (the 9/11 hijackers for example), we're ready for the next insurrection attempt (hopefully) whether it comes from the left or the right.

While I would prefer they do it at an undisclosed location to prevent such shenanigans in the future, I'm confident that the capitol hill police are ready for the certification that will still, for some bizarre reason take place 6 weeks after we know who won. There is zero reason why it should take so long to do this. But that is a topic for another time.
There are millions and millions of people who recognize what authoritarianism is. No matter the political affiliation. If you got ph uked with, then you owe nothing to them. So, the truth is, scorched earth will contaminate many areas of our nation when crisis hits them.

When Trump pardons or commutes these bullshit sentences, he should keep the base charges of trespassing and vandalism.

They should get time served though.

SOME DID TRESPASS AND VANDALIZE. That is real.

NO ONE FROM THAT GROUP WAS GOING TO FALL THE USA. EVERY SINGLE PERSON KNOWS THIS,

After 9/11 what security measures were implemented by the Speaker of the House?
I'm certain that most will not be disclosed.

But I am sure the posture of the CHP will be much more aggressive just as our reaction to 9/11 basically ensures that no hijacked plane will be allowed to linger again since the plane itself was used as a weapon. The officers can no longer count on cooler heads prevailing so they will be far more aggressive.

There are millions and millions of people who recognize what authoritarianism is. No matter the political affiliation. If you got ph uked with, then you owe nothing to them. So, the truth is, scorched earth will contaminate many areas of our nation when crisis hits them.
:blahblah:

Do you see that claim made anywhere in my thread, I will help you, NO!

But now that you ask, I can explain this to you, as I explained to you that the Majority leaders of both the House and the Senate are not automatically the Speaker of the House nor the President of the Senate.

This link and quote is the basis of my thread. My thread is strictly fact with links and quotes from the laws, the rules, and the precedents. My links are to the .gov sites. I am not using secondary sources that can be questioned.

(a) Assistance​

(1) In general​

Yeah....the Senate and the house have sub committees with senators and congressmen which guide their own sergeant of Arms, who are on the Capitol Police Board.

Pence was not the acting president of the Senate.
The safety of the Senate is established by laws, rules of the house, and precedents. As well as the Emergency Plan for the Capitol.

To continue my previous comment, and add the relevant subparagraphs from the previous link we can see that by law Federal Troops can only deployed with a written request. In an emergency, the written request is in the Emergency Plan for the Capitol
then why wasn't the National Guard sent when CP requested and Pelosi requested, on 1/6 during the emergency?

CP nor Nancy knew trump was going to send his Ellipse crowd two miles away, marching down Pennsylvania avenue to the Capitol or have a protest at the Capitol.

trump requested that his event planners keep it a secret and NOT PUT IN THE REQUEST for the March and Protest with Park Police for the permits.

Police would have been better prepared and requested some National Guard ahead of time...

Trump ILLEGALLY sent his crowd marching to the Capitol.

"When Trump pardons or commutes these bullshit sentences, he should keep the base charges of trespassing and vandalism."
---------------------------------------------------
OK, so poster Angus will agree to lock up only the trespassers and vandals.
Fair enough, at least there's a willingness to exact some accountability on some of the J6 criminals.

However, the question then arises ---what about the 'assault & battery' perpetrators? The Trump supporters who savagely attacked, beat, stomped, and sprayed the uniform police?
Shouldn't those violent attackers also receive some of Angus's opprobrium?
Are their sentences to be commuted because they are "bullshit" sentences too?
Do Blue Lives really matter to Trump supports? To the J6 attackers and seditionists?

1714308419713.png

1714309521479.png

Pelosi thinks she is so smart that she can get away with fooling the American people with her dirty tricks... but the fact is she isn't very smart and doesn't think long term....
There were no dirty tricks committed by Pelosi relative to Jan. 6. That distinction belongs to Trump.

I just presented facts with quotes from laws and precedents. You need to start quoting, instead of misdirecting.
Fuck off.

apnews.com

Pelosi did not block the National Guard from the Capitol on Jan. 6

On Tuesday, a false claim about the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol resurfaced suggesting that Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to lawmakers’ defense during the insurrection at the Capitol.
apnews.com
apnews.com
www.factcheck.org

Republicans' Shaky, No Evidence Attempt to Cast Blame on Pelosi for Jan. 6 - FactCheck.org

House Republicans have sought to change the narrative on the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol by pro-Trump protesters, claiming that Speaker Nancy Pelosi is "ultimately responsible for the breakdown of security at the Capitol." But their arguments overstate the role of the House speaker in...
www.factcheck.org
www.factcheck.org
www.justsecurity.org

Anatomy of a Conspiracy Theory and a Smear: Still, No Evidence of Trump Order for 10,000 Guard on January 6th

Debunking a new conspiracy theory that Trump ordered the National Guard to be ready on January 6, and that the select committee withheld information.
www.justsecurity.org
www.justsecurity.org

Forum List

Back