Jan. 6th, The Law, and Nancy Pelosi's Dereliction of Duty

Not really.

apnews.com

Pelosi did not block the National Guard from the Capitol on Jan. 6

On Tuesday, a false claim about the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol resurfaced suggesting that Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to lawmakers’ defense during the insurrection at the Capitol.
apnews.com
apnews.com

www.factcheck.org

Republicans' Shaky, No Evidence Attempt to Cast Blame on Pelosi for Jan. 6 - FactCheck.org

House Republicans have sought to change the narrative on the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol by pro-Trump protesters, claiming that Speaker Nancy Pelosi is "ultimately responsible for the breakdown of security at the Capitol." But their arguments overstate the role of the House speaker in...
www.factcheck.org
www.factcheck.org

www.justsecurity.org

Anatomy of a Conspiracy Theory and a Smear: Still, No Evidence of Trump Order for 10,000 Guard on January 6th

Debunking a new conspiracy theory that Trump ordered the National Guard to be ready on January 6, and that the select committee withheld information.
www.justsecurity.org
www.justsecurity.org
Oldest gambit ever.... the vandals blame the place they robbed/vandalized for not stopping them.

Usually it isn’t elevated to being done on in the name of a deposed President.

"Why were they only half staffed on that day?"
As the good poster Rambunctious stated--
  • the staff was still wrestling with the impacts of Covid (it was, after all, 2020, early 2021. Covid was still a thing. Trust me.)
  • And the Ellipse was two miles away.
  • And without the required ....indeed, intentionally forbidden to even be requested..... permit to march, why would the Capitol legislators, their leadership, their staffs, and the police, well why would they think sh*t was gonna happen? It was merely a speech by the lame-duck defeated President? And it was two miles away.
  • And why would that lame-duck, knowing he was going to aim an agitated mob at that Capitol, well, why didn't he have one of his minions give the Capitol leadership, Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell and the Sergeants at Arms.....why didn't he give them a heads up he was ordering up a march on them?
So, in my opinion, if it was not incompetence and uncaring for government employees.......then it had to be mendacity.

I hope I was clear on that.

------------------------------------------------------------
Piglosi is a willing criminal actor.

OK, amigo, you allege it.
You prove it.
It is the responsible adult thing to do.
I am mildly confident you understand the duties embedded in adult discourse.
Show your proof.
Or go.

As the good poster Rambunctious stated--
  • the staff was still wrestling with the impacts of Covid (it was, after all, 2020, early 2021. Covid was still a thing. Trust me.)
  • And the Ellipse was two miles away.
  • And without the required ....indeed, intentionally forbidden to even be requested..... permit to march, why would the Capitol legislators, their leadership, their staffs, and the police, well why would they think sh*t was gonna happen? It was merely a speech by the lame-duck defeated President? And it was two miles away.
  • And why would that lame-duck, knowing he was going to aim an agitated mob at that Capitol, well, why didn't he have one of his minions give the Capitol leadership, Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell and the Sergeants at Arms.....why didn't he give them a heads up he was ordering up a march on them?
So, in my opinion, if it was not incompetence and uncaring for government employees.......then it had to be mendacity.

I hope I was clear on that.

------------------------------------------------------------

OK, amigo, you allege it.
You prove it.
It is the responsible adult thing to do.
I am mildly confident you understand the duties embedded in adult discourse.
Show your proof.
Or go.
Being the committed blowhard hack that you are, there's no evidence that you'd accept...So....

MakeLikeTree.jpg

Fucking insane

MAGArats bitching that Pelosi didn’t protect the Capitol from THEM

NO she wasn’t the person in charge of stopping MAGArats from attacking the Capitol

"Being the .....blowhard hack that you are, there's no evidence that you'd accept."

Well, earnest poster Oddball, you could at least try.
Try to be an effective can-do, git-er-done, responsible adult.

If your evidence is as deadsolidperfect as you seemingly vouch for.....then give it a shot, and take it down to your local FBI office and present it to the agents.

If you would, please keep the forum informed on their receptivity to your convincing proofs.

Here's a list of local FBI offices, I'm sure there is one near you:

So, poster Elektra, parse for the forum your interpretation on relative 'power' of the two. Does the House Speaker dictate to the Senate Leader? Does the Senate dictate to the House? Who reports to who?
The House of Representatives and the Senate are different bodies of Congress with different functions.
Neither reports to the other. Neither dictates to the other.

Who is next in line of succession after the Vice President, the President. Speaker of the House.

Fucking insane
....that Pelosi didn’t protect the Capitol from THEM
NO she wasn’t the person in charge of stopping xxxxx from attacking the Capitol
Are you claiming that if the Executive Branch decides to attack the Legislative Branch there is no way for the Legislative Branch to protect itself?

What document supports your opinon?

This has been done to death. It has been thoroughly debunked and what you are doing now is victim blaming. Next you're gonna say congress shouldn't have been wear that short skirt.
Nobody has started a thread that only uses .gov as a source. This thread has links and quotes from the laws, rules, and precedents.

You can not debunk facts quoted from the laws, rules, regulations, and precedents.

Oldest gambit ever.... the vandals blame the place they robbed/vandalized for not stopping them.
Usually it isn’t elevated to being done on in the name of a deposed President.
When the vandals walk into your house because you left the doors wide open, is it the fault of the police.

When your car is stolen because you left it running in a high crime area of the city, who do you blame.

You have no responsibility?

I mean shit, you only posted the black letter law, and the fucking moonbat chirps DEBOOOOOOOONKED! like a trained parrot.
It is pretty funny, I link and quote from the law on the government's website and the Democrats claim they debunked a fact, a law, just not here, somewhere else?

When the vandals walk into your house because you left the doors wide open, is it the fault of the police.
No, it's the fault of the vandals because they are the ones who trespassed.
When your car is stolen because you left it running in a high crime area of the city, who do you blame.
The person who stole the car.
You have no responsibility?
Actually you have no responsibility for someone else trespassing or stealing your things in the eyes of the law.

No, it's the fault of the vandals because they are the ones who trespassed.
The person who stole the car.
Actually you have no responsibility for someone else trespassing or stealing your things in the eyes of the law.
You have no responsibility to protect yourself, your children, or your private property is how you live your life?

You have no responsibility to protect yourself, your children, or your private property is how you live your life?
Responsibility? Yes. In the eyes of the law though, the trespasser and assailants bear 100% of the responsibility. If someone shoots you, the justice system doesn't convict you for not shooting first. Just admit you're wrong now and save yourself the trouble of having to admit it later.

Responsibility? Yes. In the eyes of the law though, the trespasser and assailants bear 100% of the responsibility. If someone shoots you, the justice system doesn't convict you for not shooting first. Just admit you're wrong now and save yourself the trouble of having to admit it later.
In the eyes of the law, there is guilt or innocence. Nice try.

I got more than this one link, I found and forgot to save, I will spend the time and find it. Precedent, with an example of the Speaker of the House stating he is responsible for the security of the Capitol Building and Grounds.

1714283978417.png

So can you point to all of the people who were convicted in a court of law for leaving their keys in their car? This was your example from earlier.

I'll wait.
I asked if you are responsible for your personal property. I never made the point your are projecting onto me.

Are you responsible for your personal property, is the Speaker of the House responsible for that which falls under her/his Jurisdiction?

By law and precedent, the Speaker of the House is responsible to protect the Capitol Building and Grounds. Read the example I previously posted in reply to your comment and tell me your opinion as to what this states. Please.
1714286476294.png

Forum List

Back