There HAS to be life on other planets..

I have no idea…I’m just speculating. Everyone seems convinced that the conditions that happened here are the only ones that could have ever produced life, I’m saying, how do we know? Why couldn’t there have been other planets that underwent other conditions that life had to adapt to, in their own way? Again, WE only came to be because we adapted to our own conditions, and it took (according to evolution), only 2 million years?

The universe is a really old place, why couldn’t there have been evolution happening on other planets across the universe?
You can stop speculating. The structure of matter is uniquely fine tuned for life. Change any aspect of it and the universe could be created the exact same improbable way and would be devoid of life. There aren't an infinite number of ways life can exist and evolve into intelligent beings. If there are other intelligent beings out there, they will be more similar to us than different to us. And would have evolved in a similar fashion.

Why not? Think of the universe as an intelligence creating machine. You think SETI is looking for intelligence on a lark? They expect to find it because the universe is hardwired to produce intelligence.

Ok, so what intelligence created those other intelligent beings?

Ok, so what intelligence created those other intelligent beings?
That's not really a correct way of asking that question. This is a life breeding, intelligence creating universe because the constant presence of mind created it such that given enough time and the right conditions, beings that know and create eventually arose.

You can stop speculating. The structure of matter is uniquely fine tuned for life. Change any aspect of it and the universe could be created the exact same improbable way and would be devoid of life. There aren't an infinite number of ways life can exist and

Hmm, I think I see where you are coming from. You are not arguing that we were created by God, but rather that we were created by a universe that evolved to create intelligent life.

At the end of the day, I think you and I are arguing for the same thing, and that is, it’s improbable that there isn’t other life out there, you just disagree that random evolution made it happen, but rather, a universe slanted toward creation of life means that life elsewhere wasn’t random, but inevitable.

Does that sound about right?

That's not really a correct way of asking that question. This is a life breeding, intelligence creating universe because the constant presence of mind created it such that given enough time and the right conditions, beings that know and create eventually arose.

the constant presence of mind created it such

Who’s mind?

beings that know and create eventually arose.

Aliens?

Hmm, I think I see where you are coming from. You are not arguing that we were created by God, but rather that we were created by a universe that evolved to create intelligent life.

At the end of the day, I think you and I are arguing for the same thing, and that is, it’s improbable that there isn’t other life out there, you just disagree that random evolution made it happen, but rather, a universe slanted toward creation of life means that life elsewhere wasn’t random, but inevitable.

Does that sound about right?
It's close. I'm arguing the universe was created intentionally for the express purpose of creating beings that know and create. And that the source of existence is what we would call God. And this source is beyond matter and energy and is every extant attribute of reality. That the source provides reality to everywhere at all times.

Who’s mind?

Aliens?
The mind of God. People ask what the universe is expanding into. I say it exists in the mind of God and is expanding in time in the mind of God. Time may be the only real thing that exists.

Ok, let's talk evolution.

There have been 5 stages of evolution of space and time; cosmic evolution, stellar evolution, chemical evolution, biological evolution and evolution of consciousness.

In his book, "The Phenomenon of Man" Pierre Teilhard de Chardin describes evolution as a process that leads to increasing complexity, culminating in a Christ consciousness. He limited his observations to biological evolution but the same observation can be made about all stages of the evolution of space and time. The complexification of matter increased until it naturally and logically made the leap to the next stage. The last and final stage of evolution of space and time is consciousness. So it seems logical that consciousness would also increase in complexity until it to made the leap to the next stage which Chardin describes as Christ consciousness.
  1. The universe began as a soup of subatomic particles and radiation and naturally and logically complexified into hydrogen and helium. This is what is called the cosmic stage of the evolution of space and time.
  2. Hydrogen and helium then naturally and logically complexified into structures like stars and galaxies. This is what is called the stellar stage of the evolution of space and time.
  3. From the life cycle of galaxies and stars all of the other elements and compounds were naturally and logically formed. This is what is called the chemical stage of the evolution of space and time.
  4. As chemical evolution naturally and logically complexified the leap to biological life was made. This is what is called the biological stage of the evolution of space and time.
  5. As life logically and naturally evolved and complexified the leap to consciousness was made. This is what is called the conscious stage of of the evolution of space and time.
So we can see that each successive stage of the evolution of space and time complexified until it made the leap to the next stage. And it did so naturally and logically. So Chardin's assumption that consciousness will make the leap to a Christ consciousness is logical because it presumes that consciousness will evolve and complexify and make the leap to the next level because every other stage of the evolution of space and time did so too before it.
There is no "leap to consciousness".

No such thing.

still doesnt answer my question,,

where did you get your information??
if its just your opinion is fine,,
From science, logic, reason and experience. There's no link I can give you that captures everything I have written. If you have a specific question about a specific aspect of what I have written, then ask me.

From science, logic, reason and experience. There's no link I can give you that captures everything I have written. If you have a specific question about a specific aspect of what I have written, then ask me.
so its just your opinion,,

you made a statement of fact about a specific thing,,
all I did was ask where you got that information,,

now we know it is just your opinion and not a statement of fact,,,

so its just your opinion,,

you made a statement of fact about a specific thing,,
all I did was ask where you got that information,,

now we know it is just your opinion and not a statement of fact,,,
Can you name this specific thing or do I have to guess it?

Forum List

Back