1,300 die in Hajj heat in SA. American couple scammed.

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
Looks like these folks got scammed pretty good. Seems like the tour company promised a lot they never intended to provide. Would be nice to find a link to the company.

Alhaji Alieu Dausy Wurie, 71, and Haja Isatu Wurie, 65, of Bowie, Maryland, were among an estimated 1,300 people who died during the annual pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.

Temperatures during this year's gathering exceeded 122F (50C) at times.

Saida Wurie told the BBC her parents' tour group had failed to provide many of the items it promised, including food and adequate water.

The Sierra Leone-born couple went missing on Sunday 16 June, two weeks after arriving in Saudi Arabia.

Days later, the younger Ms Wurie was informed that they had died.

The grieving daughter told the BBC the Hajj pilgrimage was "very important" to her parents, and they had paid $11,500 (£9,000) each to go...........................................

Stupid people like to blame others for their stupidity. Maybe they were promised more, maybe not. I have had people show up for fishing trips during jigging season in shorts and t shirt. Right on the website it describes what to wear. I also typically have a phone conversation with the clients the day before where I flat tell them I am wearing 1300 dollar guide wear and send a picture. I still get ignored. Then they are upset when I do notvlet them on the boat.I don't care how far ya drove I am not letting you die of hypothermia and suing me. No you will not get a refund ya took a slot I could have easily filled. Ya, just can't fix stupid.

Unfortunately, there are scammers in the tour industry.
The bogus Fyre Festival is a recent example of how they bilk good people out of their money with false promises.

Well real hajis could have made the trip on a canteen of water and a rice ball.
that's just about how the event was described to me
by a colleague-----something like a "bottle of water" and a bag of dates about fifty years ago----He and his mom survived but he almost died when I suggested that the people in Mecca hire a few jewish business men in real estate to put in some hotels.

that's just about how the event was described to me
by a colleague-----something like a "bottle of water" and a bag of dates about fifty years ago----He and his mom survived but he almost died when I suggested that the people in Mecca hire a few jewish business men in real estate to put in some hotels.

Can you recommend a novel about the Jews of Yemen?

no----I remember something I read as a teen featuring
yemenite jews living during the mid-1940s in "east"
Jerusalem but I don't remember the name of the book.
Feel free to ask questions. I doubt that the Yemenites
wrote novels during their time in Yemen. They did lots
of poetry----the most important poet is, I believe,
Shalem Shabazzi

no----I remember something I read as a teen featuring
yemenite jews living during the mid-1940s in "east"
Jerusalem but I don't remember the name of the book.
Feel free to ask questions. I doubt that the Yemenites
wrote novels during their time in Yemen. They did lots
of poetry----the most important poet is, I believe,
Shalem Shabazzi

I just did Man in the Sharkskin Suit about a Jewish family from Cairo by Lucette Lagnado.

Thanks anyway.

Maybe Henna House if I can find a copy.

Stupid people like to blame others for their stupidity. Maybe they were promised more, maybe not. I have had people show up for fishing trips during jigging season in shorts and t shirt. Right on the website it describes what to wear. I also typically have a phone conversation with the clients the day before where I flat tell them I am wearing 1300 dollar guide wear and send a picture. I still get ignored. Then they are upset when I do notvlet them on the boat.I don't care how far ya drove I am not letting you die of hypothermia and suing me. No you will not get a refund ya took a slot I could have easily filled. Ya, just can't fix stupid.

Illegals avoid the authorities so they can't access services. Shame.

Forum List

Back