12 Chicago shootings since midnight saturday

See if we could just not have so many law abiding legal gun owners in Chicago...

local news only of course.

Yup, living here in Phoenix I feel all empty inside if I don't have 24/7 coverage of local crime in Chicago. In fact I think my life would be more complete if my newspaper was as big as a phone book with all the local crimes reported on from all cities. I'll retire early so I can spend 15 hours per day reading it, just to have my finger on the pulse of the nation.

What would be interesting on a national level if overall trends, like:
Chicago Homicides Down by 17% in 2013 - WSJ.com

- The number of homicides in Chicago dropped to 413 from Jan. 1 through Dec. 30, a 17% decline over 2012

- lowest annual number of homicides since the 1960s

- The numbers of shooting incidents and shooting victims both decreased 24% from 2012

- When looking at cities with police departments serving at least 250,000 people, Chicago's crime rate is comparable to Houston or Minneapolis

So I await your breathless updates on local shootings in Houston, and usual nonsensical musings about why local news it only reported locally.

Pointless killing for no reason. Kid joins gang as he has not father to lead him towards better. :(

Pointless killing for no reason.

I am sure the kid had his reasons.

Kid joins gang as he has not father to lead him towards better. :(

While some would say it is a racial thang, it is in fact a cultural thing.

Increased divorce rates and unwed childbearing made painless by government assistance has caused an explosion in the rate of bastard birth since the 1960's.

That in turn means a lot of kids growing up without fathers to guide them, especially in their teen years. In addition our society has no 'coming of age' point for males, and so a lot of confused young men think coming of age means gunning someone down or fathering a child without marrying the mother.

All this comes from the mass media promoting a toxic culture that idolizes murder as 'courage' and irresponsibility as 'freedom'.

Forum List

Back