12 Signs the U.S. is Sinking Into a Deeper, Nastier Recession

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Guest post by Michael Snyder @ Doug Ross @ Journal

140306-krugpression.jpg

While this is satyrical from The Great Depression, we've previously seen pictures of families living in the woods in all sorts of make-shift setups. How true is the following article? And remember, while some will attack the messenger for not linking the message, there are lots and lots of LINKS to factual information @ Doug Ross @ Journal: 12 Signs the U.S. is Sinking Into a Deeper, Nastier Recession

I think this summary really get to the heart of it::eusa_whistle:
Unfortunately, most Americans never learned the lessons that they should have learned back in 2008.

They just assume that the federal government and the Federal Reserve have fixed our problems and have everything under control, so they are not preparing for the next great crisis.

In the end, tens of millions of Americans will be absolutely devastated when they get absolutely blindsided by what is coming.

I am not sure about another recession either ala negative gdp, but, 2013 yielded less jobs and a lower gdp than 2012....

the jobless rate just ticked up, and I am sure if I looked there will be folks saying that actually good:lol:
I'll give that argument. People are reentering the labor force. The longer that lasts the better. There are people who have been looking for work as long as six years so UE could go up for 2 years or thereabouts without getting Labor force fraction up to optimum and making a dent in homeless and poverty rates.

I am not sure about another recession either ala negative gdp, but, 2013 yielded less jobs and a lower gdp than 2012....

the jobless rate just ticked up, and I am sure if I looked there will be folks saying that actually good:lol:
I'll give that argument. People are reentering the labor force. The longer that lasts the better. There are people who have been looking for work as long as six years so UE could go up for 2 years or thereabouts without getting Labor force fraction up to optimum and making a dent in homeless and poverty rates.

see heres the thing IF the lpr rose, ok, I agree, but using the stats both ways is BS, and they have, it goes down, they laud it , it goes up now they get too laud it. :lol:

Its like 'global warming', it blew up so they went to 'climate change', this way no matter the weather, they can claim victory.

Europe is in trouble and until they recover the US will be slow to recover as well.

Government spending at the state and local levels is too sensitive to changes in the income tax IMO. The government at these levels needs to be able to weather the storm better. Cuts in spending or tax increases during a recession don't help.

The consensus for when the bottom drops out of the economy is 2020 when the peak of the CONUS baby boom (1958) hits 62.

Given that 2017 is the worst year of the census cycle, the presidential cycle and the second half of the year is when the peak cohort can start withdrawing money from their IRAs. Whoever is elected prez in 2020 has very slim chances of being reelected.

Forum List

Back