14 minutes for the cops to show up for a home invasion. A gun in the hand is more timely....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
These two women with a 2 year old child had to hide on the roof of their home as they waited for the police to arrive. A home invader was ransacking the house for 14 minutes....long enough to murder everyone in the home...

'WHERE ARE THE COPS?' | Highlandtown home-invasion victims waited 14 minutes for police

As Baltimore Police scrambled to the scenes of shootings early Saturday morning, two young females and a 2-year-old boy were trapped on a rooftop.

Shannon Gaasch says she had just gone to bed when she heard the sound of glass shattering.

Someone had thrown a brick through her friend’s door and were inside the house.

Immediately, the homeowner grabbed her son and ran to the room where Shannon was sleeping.

Trapped on the second floor, the three had only a rooftop run to.

For nearly 15 minutes, Gaasch was on the phone with 911.

During the call, Gaasch said: “I keep telling the dispatcher, 'They’re still in the house, they’re still in the house. Where are the cops? We need them here. We have nowhere to go.”'

These two women with a 2 year old child had to hide on the roof of their home as they waited for the police to arrive. A home invader was ransacking the house for 14 minutes....long enough to murder everyone in the home...

'WHERE ARE THE COPS?' | Highlandtown home-invasion victims waited 14 minutes for police

As Baltimore Police scrambled to the scenes of shootings early Saturday morning, two young females and a 2-year-old boy were trapped on a rooftop.

Shannon Gaasch says she had just gone to bed when she heard the sound of glass shattering.

Immediately, the homeowner grabbed her son and ran to the room where Shannon was sleeping.

During the call, Gaasch said: “I keep telling the dispatcher, 'They’re still in the house, they’re still in the house. Where are the cops? We need them here. We have nowhere to go.”'

Bottom Line, 2a: there are no guarantees how long it will take the police, they are very busy people with finite resources, so when you put all your eggs in the basket that "the police will protect me, why do I need a gun?" that is the gamble you take. No cop will ever be there fast enough to stop a crime.

Which is what is so funny about the people saying Trump must talk PEACE PEACE PEACE with all our enemies! You NEVER talk peace unless you are prepared to back it up with war. The analogy would be to greet your attacker and home invader and think you can just "talk peace," offer him a warm danish and a cup of Joe and resolve your differences without the need for a gun or a cop.

A lot can happen in 14 minutes, but at least you guys have the option of using a gun in self defense.
If you dial 911 in Winnipeg you are lucky if you get an operator on the line instead of an answering machine.

At least they didn't get killed trying to shoot the guys.

Is that any comfort to these victims you think?
LMGTFY

Thank God that getting on the roof was even an option for them. There is now way that I would be able to do such a thing with my house, especially without being noticed by an intruder.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

So you're saying women are to incompetent to use a firearm?

I share your outrage in the face of any political attempt to limit, reduce, remove or confiscate the citizen's ability to possess, carry or modify any means of overwhelmingly lethal defensive response to violent criminal attack on self, family or fellow citizen. However, the nucleus of the gun control and 2nd Amendment debate is a purely ideological political one. That means common sense, empathy, sympathy and God given right to personal responsibility for the safety of our selves, families and others, never has, never will figure into the argument.

Much the same as methods employed by radical Left philosopher intellectuals for ten of decades to justify the concept of 'government ownership' by the People as meaning 'government run by centralized authoritarian dictatorship', so too are the same social science psychoanalytic atheist antiposivistic paradigms applied to the American gun debate.

What differentiates Man from beast of the fields and forests, is both as primal in its simplicity, as it is savage in its natural honesty: Men choose when or if to become predators. Animal carnivores are predatory by nature. Men have to make a choice to kill; beasts must kill to survive. Forward of that most ancient foundation of the human/beast instinct lies the truism that when one man or woman decides to kill another, the intended victim is robbed of all save for two personal choices for individual survival: kill or die.

Flight from danger has never been a permanent, absolute guarantee--or solution for surviving death threatened by the hands of a fellow human being, nor should a sentient, independent, healthy man or women--possessed of fully functional faculties, be legislated into fleeing for their lives, when in the course of lawfully living his or her life, a criminal intervenes to threaten it.

Law enforcement is an agency of the government, not the People--recruited and tasked by same with and for the purpose of protecting government infrastructure and maintaining its day to day function; it is not an on-call heavily armed bodyguard service for the public. And while the majority of law enforcement officers--take my word for it--fully support the literal right of all law abiding Americans to keep and bear just about any defensive means available, they also agree they are not full time personal defenders of every individual residing in their jurisdiction. LEOs are vastly outnumbered; their numbers spread thinly over vast geographical areas, and individually, and sometimes as a unified department, are incapable of responding to multiple criminal activity calls at once.

Take Baltimore County for instance, a police force independent of its namesake City. With a population of over 800,000 residents, an area of 682 square miles, and patrolled by a 900+ strong officer police force, can any statistician or politician rationally ensure or even make claim to adequate and timely government provided defense of each citizen's life or property?

The facts are clear, known and understood by citizen, police officer, judge, legislator and pundit: the only way for members of the law abiding public to fairly, adequately and in a timely manner defend themselves, is by force of privately owned firearm and organized neighborhood vigilance--and personal and property safety precautionary awareness measures.

Lastly, the cost of guaranteeing the American citizens' right to adequate lethal self-defense is, will be the loss of a small percentage of innocent lives of the populace by means of accidental discharge, suicides, criminal shootings and crimes of passion. And no law up to and including the confiscation and destruction of every legally owned firearm, will ever prevent that tragic loss of life to firearms. That cat--advent of the explosive chemical launched, kinetic projectile weapon--is out of the bag, with a centuries long head start. No force on Earth is fast enough to catch it.

Last edited:

She is a misogynist

Well hell. Fourteen minutes is more than enough time for me to remove a few heads with my shotgun.

Be a nice mess for the police to find. LOL

Well. Thank goodness.

She is a misogynist

Its proven fact that most people who use a gun against an intruder get shot themselves.

its proven fact that most people who use a gun against an intruder get shot themselves. - Google Search

She is a misogynist

Its proven fact that most people who use a gun against an intruder get shot themselves.

its proven fact that most people who use a gun against an intruder get shot themselves. - Google Search

I find that hard to believe.

My weapon of choice is a shotgun and believe me when I blow your head off you won't be shooting at anyone. Good close up weapon.

She is a misogynist

My weapon of choice is a shotgun and believe me when I blow your head off you won't be shooting at anyone. Good close up weapon.

A shotgun would be the best deal. The women are alive to tell their story. Most do not have shotgun.

She is a misogynist

Negative. Publicly expressing desire to be a victim is exactly what criminals salivate over, live for. Everyone I have known who has been armed for life, law enforcement or civilian, has proven unmatched responsibility and capability and safety with their privately and professionally owned firearms.

Now that's a great slogan for 2nd Amendment rights in America!

Armed For Life!
Armed For Life!

She is a misogynist

A shotgun would be the best deal. The women are alive to tell their story. Most do not have shotgun.

Well my recommendation is to get one. They aren't hard to use but they do kick so if you get one go the range and practice.

They are a good close up weapon. Anything you shoot is dead.

She is a misogynist

Negative. Publicly expressing desire to be a victim is exactly what criminals salivate over, live for. Everyone I have known who has been armed for life, law enforcement or civilian, has proven unmatched responsibility and capability and safety with their privately and professionally owned firearms.

Armed For Life!
Armed For Life!

I go by what I stated. No one desires to be a victim, but if one is dumb enough to try and outwit a guy with a gun you just might be.

She is a misogynist

Armed For Life!
Armed For Life!

I go by what I stated. No one desires to be a victim, but if one is dumb enough to try and outwit a guy with a gun you just might be.

Outwit em?
Fuck that!!! I got a gun so while you're trying to outwit em I'd be putting so much lead in em you could use their dick as a pencil.

She is a misogynist

Armed For Life!
Armed For Life!

No. You stand in front of and talking into a floor to ceiling mirror, you're reflection agreeing with you. Speak from experience or please admit inexperience with the training and usage of firearms. What you're trying to do, much like many other liberal thinkers, is to use inexperience to cast doubt about the 2nd Amendment in undecided American minds uncertain of which 2nd Amendment debate side to join.

Forum List

Back