16 Year Old Texas Teen Accepted Into 9 Law Schools

How many of you are proponents of homeschooling?

• I'm liberal and I'm not OK w/it

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I'm liberal and I'm OK w/it

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I'm conservative and I'm not OK w/it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm conservative and I'm OK w/it

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I'm independent and I'm not OK w/it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm independent and I'm OK w/it

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
I have no opinion on home schooling, have never looked into it. I am curious why this student found it necessary to go this route and didn't have access to advanced program offered by the school system? That her public school wouldn't let her test for the gifted intelligence program on the surface I find uncomforting.

Unfortunately, most home schoolers don't receive that kind of attention. With little or no regulations in home schooling, parents aren't required to see that their kids are educated any where near what they should be, even if the often near illiterate parents were capable of understand the course work themselves.

And your evidence of this is where?

How nice. It appears she has a bright future ahead of her.

I have no opinion on home schooling, have never looked into it. I am curious why this student found it necessary to go this route and didn't have access to advanced program offered by the school system? That her public school wouldn't let her test for the gifted intelligence program on the surface I find uncomforting.

Are you serious?????

Government school is no longer about education.

"The California Federation of Teachers (CFT) passed a resolution at its most recent convention claiming that “the continued unjust incarceration of Mumia Abu-Jamal represents a threat to the civil rights of all people.” Thirty years ago, Abu-Jamal took away Philadelphia policeman Daniel Faulkner’s foremost civil right: his life. How obtuse of the CFT to disregard “the threat to the civil rights of all people” represented by someone capable of gunning down a man tasked with protecting the public.

The pantheon of leftist saints includes the Haymarket Square bombers, responsible for the deaths of eight Chicago cops, Joe Hill, murderer of former police officer John Morrison in Salt Lake City, Huey Newton, murderer of Oakland policeman John Frey, and Leonard Peltier, murderer of FBI agents Jack Coler and Ronald Williams. Notice a pattern?"
Teachers' Mumia Abu-Jamal Resolution Out of Sync Morally and Historically | Human Events

Our educational system is the biggest clusterfuck on the planet. It needs to be completely rethought and revamped

Haley-Taylor-Schlitz-Article-201903141712.jpg

This 16-year-old was accepted at nine law schools

BY DEBRA CASSENS WEISS

POSTED MARCH 18, 2019, 8:15 AM CDT

Haley Taylor Schlitz will graduate in May. Photo by Chelsea Mullin/Texas Woman’s University.

Haley Taylor Schlitz loves learning and likes standardized tests. She is looking forward to classes this fall at Southern Methodist University's Dedman School of Law.

Taylor Schlitz is only 16 years old, but she was in demand for a number of law schools, Texas Lawyer reports.

Though Texas Lawyer reports that five law schools offered her a place in their 1L class, she informed the ABA Journal that she was actually accepted to nine law schools in total.

----

Read more here: This 16-year-old was accepted at nine law schools

Now THAT'S how you do homeschooling!

I instantly knew the color of the students skin the moment i saw your name. You would never post a story like that about a white or asian kid.

Unfortunately, most home schoolers don't receive that kind of attention. With little or no regulations in home schooling, parents aren't required to see that their kids are educated any where near what they should be, even if the often near illiterate parents were capable of understand the course work themselves.

And your evidence of this is where?

Nothing I can post here, but a situation I was directly involved in.

Haley-Taylor-Schlitz-Article-201903141712.jpg

This 16-year-old was accepted at nine law schools

BY DEBRA CASSENS WEISS

POSTED MARCH 18, 2019, 8:15 AM CDT

Haley Taylor Schlitz will graduate in May. Photo by Chelsea Mullin/Texas Woman’s University.

Haley Taylor Schlitz loves learning and likes standardized tests. She is looking forward to classes this fall at Southern Methodist University's Dedman School of Law.

Taylor Schlitz is only 16 years old, but she was in demand for a number of law schools, Texas Lawyer reports.

Though Texas Lawyer reports that five law schools offered her a place in their 1L class, she informed the ABA Journal that she was actually accepted to nine law schools in total.

----

Read more here: This 16-year-old was accepted at nine law schools

Now THAT'S how you do homeschooling!

Would you suck michelle obamas dick if he asked?

Forum List

Back