17 young men out 100,000 responsible for 70% of shootings....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This article talks about an anti violence problem that actually targeted the guys doing almost all of the shooting in Richmond, California. Now this program dropped the shooting rate 76% with this program....and they didn't ban one gun, license gun owners or register guns...they focused on known shooters...and paid them to not shoot....

Richmond CA Anti-Crime Program Focuses On People Not Guns...And It s Working - The Truth About Guns

Richmond, California, a city also with a population of about 100,000, launched a program that’s brought down homicide rates by 76 percent since 2007….

“We’ve seen a 76 percent reduction in firearm related homicide, and a 69 percent reduction in firearm assaults,” said DeVone Boggan in a phone interview. Boggan is the director of the Office of Neighborhood Safety in Richmond. “That’s the kind of work that transforms a community,” he said.

One piece of the program includes finding out who are the city’s most dangerous individuals, and handing them cash as an incentive to stop pulling the trigger.

The deal: if they uphold a six-month commitment of engaging with their mentors, making progress with life goals, and staying out of trouble, then they can earn $1,000 dollars a month for up to nine months.

Boggan explained in a story that aired on This American Life earlier this year that his ‘aha’ moment in designing this program came when he was in a meeting with police officers who explained to him that they believed that seventeen guys were responsible for 70% of the shootings in the city of Richmond.

Devone Boggan: “17 people. And I’ll tell you, I almost flipped out of my chair. Cause I was like, 17 people? That’s nothing.”

Boggan realized that if they could reach just those 17 guys and get them to change, they could really make a dent in the problem. He asked the police for a list of those 17 names. He did his own research and added more names. To get on that list, Boggan said, you basically had to have shot someone.

Last edited:
Fucking liberals. Paying them to not commit murder. Wow.

Jail and a death sentence works too.

My interest in the article is really the point about 17 guys responsible,for over 70% of the shootings in a population of 100,000. It just goes to show that the anti gunners are still wrong and that their policies are just as stupid....

Forum List

Back