1871 Climate Superstition

What is the tidal range in La Jolla?

serveimage

Looks like seven goddamn feet.

How much has sea level risen since 1871? 200 mm = 7.87 inches. Even if the pictures were perfectly collimated, do you actually think you could see 7.87 inches at that distance? Give us a break and start using your fucking head.

From the "unless we take control of the US economy, the seas will rise 2cm in 500 years" crowd, that's fucking rich

serveimage

How much has sea level risen since 1871? 200 mm = 7.87 inches. Even if the pictures were perfectly collimated, do you actually think you could see 7.87 inches at that distance? Give us a break and start using your fucking head.

From the "unless we take control of the US economy, the seas will rise 2cm in 500 years" crowd, that's fucking rich

Frank you should read that New Tom Steyer and Bloomberg report (July 2015 pdf ) I was reading it last night like 100 pages, was going to copy and paste some but fell asleep, the predictions in it was fucking hilarious on how much the ocean was supposed to rise by 2030~2050.

serveimage

Frank, you don't seem to understand what I'm saying. The graphic above there is simply a recent tide chart for La Jolla California. As you can see, they have a seven foot tidal range. The ocean has risen 200 mm (20 cm, 7.87 inches) since that earilier picure was taken. There is no way an 8 inch change in sea level could be seen from two pictures at unknown tide levels, with unknown wind conditions from the distance those picture portray. The whole thing is an idiot's joke. If you think thse pictures actually show something meaningful, you're just as stupid as you've been telling us all this while.

serveimage

Frank, you don't seem to understand what I'm saying. The graphic above there is simply a recent tide chart for La Jolla California. As you can see, they have a seven foot tidal range. The ocean has risen 200 mm (20 cm, 7.87 inches) since that earilier picure was taken. There is no way an 8 inch change in sea level could be seen from two pictures at unknown tide levels, with unknown wind conditions from the distance those picture portray. The whole thing is an idiot's joke. If you think thse pictures actually show something meaningful, you're just as stupid as you've been telling us all this while.

But a 2cm rise in the oceans over 150 years is reason enough to shut down the US Economy, amiright?

Guam-from-air.jpg

^ Fucking Guam still a DENIER!!!! refusing to sink under the rising seas.

Hey maybe NOAA can make an adjustment showing Guam underwater?

I don't know what everyone's all upset about. Obama promised us that we would look back at his inauguration as the day the seas stopped rising and the planet started to heal. He wouldn't lie to us or be so enamored by himself that he's just full of it, would he?

serveimage

Wow -- so good to know that a 7.8" (200mm) sea level rise is no big deal. Eh crick?

BTW: WuWei --- having grown up on a beach -- I could analyze the tide line pretty well in both those pics and tell you approximately the portion of the cycle they were shot in.. Wet sand above is tide going out..

And I've stood on that spot many times. Pretty steep slope to the sand actually.

serveimage

Wow -- so good to know that a 7.8" (200mm) sea level rise is no big deal. Eh crick?

BTW: WuWei --- having grown up on a beach -- I could analyze the tide line pretty well in both those pics and tell you approximately the portion of the cycle they were shot in.. Wet sand above is tide going out..

And I've stood on that spot many times. Pretty steep slope to the sand actually.

Crick couldn't tell 7.8" water rise?

What the heck is he blind?

Given he didn't say or imply such a thing, why did you choose to say that?

Bear and Frank are stupid enough that they can't understand Crick's simple explanation as to why this thread so stupid and dishonest, but you're not. So was that just a cheap shot?

All I was saying is that the video was morphed. Sand is pretty unstable. The sand at the beach in Malibu changed over night. 50 feet of sand was totally washed out after a hurricane several decades ago. My uncle-in-law was pissed.

All I was saying is that the video was morphed. Sand is pretty unstable. The sand at the beach in Malibu changed over night. 50 feet of sand was totally washed out after a hurricane several decades ago. My uncle-in-law was pissed.

Of course.. I saw the long term effects of putting up seawalls and building condos right on the beach. When the dunes get compromised -- there is no more gentle sloping beach.. You can pretty much look at any beach tho and determine where the usual high tide mark is. Even from a crude photo.. Especially in La Jolla because of the kelp and debris which will change the coloration..

It is however interesting that even tho with over 300mm of S.L. change -- we are reminded of the fairly mild results of what's been observed over 150 years. More than 1/2 of that is from thermal expansion and geological corrections. So if those rates CONTINUED -- it wouldn't be very likely to be a sudden crisis of any large proportion.

All of this hangs in the balance of whether the REAL THEORY of GW has any legs. The theory that posits all these "accelerated effects" that is meant to frighten the natives. And I believe -- there has not been a WHIT of solid evidence or argument that it will occur..

Given he didn't say or imply such a thing, why did you choose to say that?

Bear and Frank are stupid enough that they can't understand Crick's simple explanation as to why this thread so stupid and dishonest, but you're not. So was that just a cheap shot?

Like it or not.. That La Jolla deal just reminds folks of what 150 years of sea level rise looks like. And they need to be reminded after seeing all those hysterical and frightening USA Today sketches of Miami and WashDC under FEET of water along with their morning coffee. Because this argument isn't about 1.8 or 3mm/yr S.L. rise. The argument is over the fantastical theory of Global Warning that has the earth destroying itself over a 2 deg forcing.

And THAT'S what I'm skeptical about. Another 150 years and La Jolla will still be there.. Black's beach nudity and hanggliders and all..

Forum List

Back