19.5% of America is on Welfare?

Don't know about America, but certainly in the UK, I would bet my last £1 that many have gone lazy due to COVID lockdowns and adjusted their lifestyle to live off welfare.
I doubt that. Living off welfare is no fun. Of course some people are incompetent or incapable for whatever reason, so they are forced to use welfare. I doubt it’s a choice people make.

No, they shouldnt have. The fed govt doesnt have the constitutional authority to help places. Especially not ones that arent even a state!
In the 19th century Savannah Georgia had a bad fire. Almost the entire city burnt. They reached out to the fed gov for help and you know what the Congress said? They didnt have the authority to help. Helping out cities isnt one of their enumerated powers.
Isnt that something?

That may be what the Congress back then said but I would need to know all the facts.

There was also a time when abortion wasn't murder. Know what I mean? The constitution can't possibly be expected to solve all our problems today.

For example, here's one I don't like. We came up with the EPA because Congress won't act on the environment. But you cons said the EPA is unconstitutional. Why? Because you want corporations to continue to pollute and not pay for it. Be unaccountable. So your argument that "the congress should decide such matters" may destroy us.

You love that constitution almost as much as your bible huh? Maybe more?

That may be what the Congress back then said but I would need to know all the facts.

There was also a time when abortion wasn't murder. Know what I mean? The constitution can't possibly be expected to solve all our problems today.

For example, here's one I don't like. We came up with the EPA because Congress won't act on the environment. But you cons said the EPA is unconstitutional. Why? Because you want corporations to continue to pollute and not pay for it. Be unaccountable. So your argument that "the congress should decide such matters" may destroy us.

You love that constitution almost as much as your bible huh? Maybe more?
Im not a conservative.
I respect the Constitution. I respect the limits it put on a central authority because we are a diverse country.
I am agnostic.
Why do you see the world in the binary? Such a limited intellect and outlook. Sad.

everybody has a choice,,
Those born into poverty with one parent who’s a druggy, along with government schools that don’t educate, neighborhoods full of crime, drugs, gangs, and little opportunity often end up with no choice.

Of course cons like you want to blame them, but it’s the fault of our dysfunctional society.

Those born into poverty with one parent who’s a druggy, along with government schools that don’t educate, neighborhoods full of crime, drugs, gangs, and little opportunity often end up with no choice.

Of course cons like you want to blame them, but it’s the fault of our dysfunctional society.
theres always a choice,, wouldnt be the first time someone fought their way out of the pit,,

it may seem like theirs no choice when its so easy to just give up and let others pay your way,,, I've seen it to many times,,

only a little.

These statistics are supposed to anger people about all the Americans who aren’t pulling their weight never take into account that they include massive numbers of elderly people. SSI specifically is for elderly disabled people.
SSI is for disabled people not older people,,
and SS is a ponzi scheme created by the government to payback for what you paid into it

only a little.

These statistics are supposed to anger people about all the Americans who aren’t pulling their weight never take into account that they include massive numbers of elderly people. SSI specifically is for elderly disabled people.
These statistics don’t anger thinking people. They depress thinking people. In the richest nation in the world, we have an enormous number of citizens suffering in or near poverty but hey, we’re the GREATEST!

These statistics don’t anger thinking people. They depress thinking people. In the richest nation in the world, we have an enormous number of citizens suffering in or near poverty but hey, we’re the GREATEST!
the poor in this country are better off than the majority of every other person on the planet,,

thats what makes us the greatest,,

theres always a choice,, wouldnt be the first time someone fought their way out of the pit,,

it may seem like theirs no choice when its so easy to just give up and let others pay your way,,, I've seen it to many times,,
Are you so out of touch you’re unaware many Americans are born into dysfunctional circumstances out of their control?

Any and all of that may be true. But the number are that the son of an unwed mom will go to jail ten times more likely than one of a mom and dad at home.

You can yell all you want, but the numbers don't lie.

This is on you.

Are you so out of touch you’re unaware many Americans are born into dysfunctional circumstances out of their control?
so is just about everyone,,,

are you so out of touch you dont know the poor in this country has the exact same equal opportunity to work their way out of their situations??
if I can do it so can anyone else,,

you dont need a school to get an education,,

Republicans, I will agree with you that this is unacceptable.

Overall: In 2019, 19.5 percent of the total population received or lived with a family member who received a benefit in any amount from TANF, SNAP, or SSI at any point during the year.

Glad to read this

With some exceptions, non-citizens entering the United States after August 22, 1996, the date of enactment of the welfare reform legislation, are not eligible for most welfare benefits, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), SSI, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), ...
That are a lot of Americans who haven't gotten their trickle down wealth yet. I wonder what the holdup is.

so is just about everyone,,,

are you so out of touch you dont know the poor in this country has the exact same equal opportunity to work their way out of their situations??
if I can do it so can anyone else,,

you dont need a school to get an education,,
Oh bull shit. You obviously know nothing about growing up poor in this country.

Forum List

Back