19.5% of America is on Welfare?

So how is redistribution good for the general population? How is some people getting free money and others not, considered "general welfare?"
General doesnt mean individual.
Welfare is a states issue.

The rich benefit off us. We benefit from them too but they really benefit from us. They make, we work for them and buy from them.

Every great country in the world has social safety nets. The rich pay for those. They don't benefit from them but they pay for them. Why? Because they benefit so much from doing business in America. If you want to do business here you have to pay your taxes, which are progressive.

I don't know how to answer your question.

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider the WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program? They give out free formula and groceries in the form of fresh fruit and veggies, as well as dairy products and bread for women to eat healthy during pregnancy and the formula for the infants to be healthy. You only get to enroll in that program if you are at very low income levels.

Incidentally, most E-5 and below in the military qualify for that program. I know I did, and I know I used it to help make ends meet while I was serving. Helped a lot!
theres no authority in the constitution for the feds to have such a program,,

The rich benefit off us. We benefit from them too but they really benefit from us. They make, we work for them and buy from them.

Every great country in the world has social safety nets. The rich pay for those. They don't benefit from them but they pay for them. Why? Because they benefit so much from doing business in America. If you want to do business here you have to pay your taxes, which are progressive.

are you going to show where in the constitution that authority exists or not??

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider the WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program? They give out free formula and groceries in the form of fresh fruit and veggies, as well as dairy products and bread for women to eat healthy during pregnancy and the formula for the infants to be healthy. You only get to enroll in that program if you are at very low income levels.

Incidentally, most E-5 and below in the military qualify for that program. I know I did, and I know I used it to help make ends meet while I was serving. Helped a lot!
I tend to think of welfare as cash/fund programs like TANF, not food supplement like WIC or SNAP. That is my opinion.

Only retards compare govt force to willful kindness.

I'm not comparing.

Is giving to charity in the best interest of the general welfare yes or no?

You said taking from one and giving to another isnt in the best interest of the general welfare

The reason it's in the best interest of the general welfare is because if not forced you wouldn't give. And that is not in the best interestof the general welfare.

Dimocrats are the ones who create these government handouts. People all across this country receive these handouts. If you're upset that people are using them, then stop electing Dimocrats since they will be the ones busily working on addicting the next generation to more and more government!

None of that is relevant to the issue we are discussing.

I'm not comparing.

You said taking from one and giving to another isnt in the best interest of the general welfare

The reason it's in the best interest of the general welfare is because if not forced you wouldn't give. And that is not in the best interestof the general welfare.
Charity is about an individual giving to a certain group of people. What do you think?

So how is redistribution good for the general population? How is some people getting free money and others not, considered "general welfare?"
General doesnt mean individual.
Welfare is a states issue.
Here's how. If we had a flat/fair tax system, we'd have a small rich ruling class. A small merchant class and the masses would be consider the rabble. This is what Republican or Libertarian policies produce.

Here's how. If we had a flat/fair tax system, we'd have a small rich ruling class. A small merchant class and the masses would be consider the rabble. This is what Republican or Libertarian policies produce.
That isnt relevant to the issue we are discussing.

Charity is about an individual giving to a certain group of people. What do you think?

Who paid for the wipes Trump gave away in Puerto Rico?

ap_17292566928424_wide-a8cc899be97d089cb6ea71a2b1a3e54b9917f682-s1100-c50.jpg

You say USA shouldn't have helped?

No, they shouldnt have. The fed govt doesnt have the constitutional authority to help places. Especially not ones that arent even a state!
In the 19th century Savannah Georgia had a bad fire. Almost the entire city burnt. They reached out to the fed gov for help and you know what the Congress said? They didnt have the authority to help. Helping out cities isnt one of their enumerated powers.
Isnt that something?

are you going to show where in the constitution that authority exists or not??

Helvering v. Davis, 301 U.S. 619 (1937), was a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court that held that Social Security was constitutionally permissible as an exercise of the federal power to spend for the general welfare and so did not contravene the Tenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

Now I'm sure you can get Clarence and the other nuts on the Supreme to overturn this decision but until then.....

To many times money and resources do not make it to the general population. Trump knew that with regards to Puerto Rico. All of those islands and that one has had a sugar daddy send libations for many decades and longer. A rickety electric and water system is suspicious. Corruption for the privileged.

Helvering v. Davis, 301 U.S. 619 (1937), was a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court that held that Social Security was constitutionally permissible as an exercise of the federal power to spend for the general welfare and so did not contravene the Tenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

Now I'm sure you can get Clarence and the other nuts on the Supreme to overturn this decision but until then.....
Was that the same court that said the US government had the authority to American citizens into internment crimes without committing crimes?

so its not in the constitution,,

like I said I havve no problem if the states want to do it,,,

I'm not comparing.

key word is "GIVING" not taking by force,,

Forum List

Back