2 million kids will lose CHIP coverage right away, report finds

I guess their parents will actually have to act like parents and provide for their children like the rest of us do.

Yeah, in an ideal world all parents would take care of all of the needs of their children, but the reality is a lot of children will just go without health insurance if the Republicans decide not to refund CHIP. We seem to have strange priorities in this country. We can increase funding for our already over bloated military and cut taxes for the rich, but refund a program that helps kids? Nah, not enough cash, even though some corporations will save more money on the tax cuts than the total cost of refunding this program.

How exactly are rich people and corporations under any obligation to pay for the health care of someone's child?

I guess their parents will actually have to act like parents and provide for their children like the rest of us do.

Yeah, in an ideal world all parents would take care of all of the needs of their children, but the reality is a lot of children will just go without health insurance if the Republicans decide not to refund CHIP. We seem to have strange priorities in this country. We can increase funding for our already over bloated military and cut taxes for the rich, but refund a program that helps kids? Nah, not enough cash, even though some corporations will save more money on the tax cuts than the total cost of refunding this program.
Anyway it turns out, you clowns can find someway to lie and cry at the same times. Our military suffered greatly at the hands of jughead.

Our military is bloated and chock full of waste. If we used our military to actually defend our nation instead of trying to be the military of the world it would go a long way in getting our debt under control.

How exactly are rich people and corporations under any obligation to pay for the health care of someone's child?

Their obligation is paying taxes.

State's obligation, established through political process, is to do what is in social interest - to give people opportunity in life.

“Never before has congress let CHIP funding lapse for this long a period of time,” Alker said.

Thoughts?

Why are you into blaming children for their parents?

You'll have to provide a quote where I did that, Captain Straw Man.

Captain Denial it is a DIRECT CONCLUSION to what you said.

If you are not into helping disadvantaged children get healthcare coverage - guess what, a lot of them WILL NOT HAVE HEALTHCARE COVERAGE.

State's obligation, established through political process, is to do what is in social interest - to give people opportunity in life.

Is it?

Yes, time to wake up and smell the real.

We want people to advance from what they are born into, it is good for them and good for our society at large - that means giving the hand-up, so they have more opportunity to make that happen..

Let them die the republicans will scream. The complete opposite of Jesus's teachings but they aint real followers anyways.

They're spawn of satan.

If they gave two shits about children they'd vote tonight to make sure it doesn't happen.

Pretty sure Jesus doesn't approve of 60 million plus abortions.

Pretty sure that's not the topic of debate right now.

J

Their obligation is paying taxes.

Its not the state's obligation to give opportunity. We have the right for pursuit. We're not guaranteed that we will succeed or fail.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So you are of the mindset that unless there is a legal obligation to help a sick child, they should suffer? That's your moral stance?

Its not the state's obligation to give opportunity. We have the right for pursuit. We're not guaranteed that we will succeed or fail.

In 1931, historian James Truslow Adams first publicly defined the American Dream. He used the phrase in his book Epic of America. Adams' often-repeated quote is, "The American Dream is that dream of a land in which life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement."

Adams went on to say that it is not, "... a dream of motor cars and high wages merely, but a dream of social order in which each man and each woman shall be able to attain to the fullest stature of which they are innately capable, and be recognized by others for what they are, regardless of the fortuitous circumstances of birth or position.

5 Ways Our Founding Fathers Protect The American Dream

Americans value EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY - For rich or poor, men or women, black or white.

So you are of the mindset that unless there is a legal obligation to help a sick child, they should suffer? That's your moral stance?

You'll have to quote me on that one too, Lt. Straw Man.

Then they should have maobamacare, it is mandated after all.

No. They only get it if the state they live in accepted the expansion of Medicaid. Have you been living under a rock?

I'm not talking about medicaid, they have maobamacare from an exchange, the law requires it.

If they don't make enough money to qualify for it... and their state doesn't have expanded Medicaid, then they don't have health insurance.

BS they get subsidized policies, copays and deductibles in the exchanges.

There is a minimum amount you have to make in order to qualify through the national exchange. :)

Really, how much?

“Never before has congress let CHIP funding lapse for this long a period of time,” Alker said.

Thoughts?

If you are not into helping disadvantaged children get healthcare coverage - guess what, a lot of them WILL NOT HAVE HEALTHCARE COVERAGE.

Where did I say I was not into helping disadvantaged children? The problem with statists like you is your slave mentality that only the government can solve the world's woes.

Is it?

We want people to advance from what they are born into, it is good for them and good for our society at large - that means giving the hand-up, so they have more opportunity to make that happen..

The Constitution guarantees equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

You'll have to quote me on that one too, Lt. Straw Man.

What's the strawman? You are against CHIP, because you say that parents should pay for the insurance for their own kids. What's your solution then? Take the kids away from the parents? Make the kids suffer without health insurance to get health care? Wait I got it... maybe 24 month abortion?

Say you see a kid coughing their head off and can't breath and doesn't have an asthma inhaler, you going to go up to them and say, "Too bad your parent doesn't take care of you better, because I'm against you getting health insurance through the government."

So either you are heartless, or your just here acting like a bad ass putting up this fiscal front. I'm not sure.

No. They only get it if the state they live in accepted the expansion of Medicaid. Have you been living under a rock?

I'm not talking about medicaid, they have maobamacare from an exchange, the law requires it.

If they don't make enough money to qualify for it... and their state doesn't have expanded Medicaid, then they don't have health insurance.

BS they get subsidized policies, copays and deductibles in the exchanges.

There is a minimum amount you have to make in order to qualify through the national exchange. :)

Really, how much?

What is The Minimum Income For ObamaCare? - Obamacare Facts

Is it?

The Constitution guarantees equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

NEVER have I said anything about outcomes or that they should be equal. Stop dodging.

You want kids that are born into poor families to have equal opportunity as those born to the well off? Never actually going to happen, the disadvantages are off the chart. But with programs like chip, public education, grants and etc. we TRY to do what we can.

Thoughts?

Where did I say I was not into helping disadvantaged children? The problem with statists like you is your slave mentality that only the government can solve the world's woes.

I love it when you play stupid.

2 million kids will lose CHIP coverage right away, report finds

You say?

"I guess their parents will actually have to act like parents and provide for their children like the rest of us do."

Forum List

Back