3/1 Texas: Once again...another cop shot dead in shootout at park; Thug dead after shooting in a par

Poor white people. They never get a break. :itsok:
Thugs are thugs. This one is Hispanic.
The thug cop was white not Mexican.
The thug was Mexican. Now he's a dead Mexican thug. Very much like Trayvon and Big Mike, except of course they were black, and now they're dead black thugs.
The thug was a white cop not a mexican. Now he is a dead white thug ex-cop. No doubt another cop shot a mexican but thats what cops do when they arent shooting Black kids.
Just another Mexican thug who thought he was a gangster. No great loss.

Gonzalez, listed under the name Jorge Gonzalez Estrella by the Tarrant County Medical Examiner, has a lengthy criminal history.

Shooter took a position of cover to gun down officer...

Texas Chief: Slain Officer Was Ambushed
March 3, 2016 - Euless Police Chief Michael Brown said that Jorge Brian Gonzalez took a "position of cover" in a drainage ditch to ambush responding officers.
The first three shots woke Jerry Banloon from an afternoon nap. Banloon opened his back door and looked out across J.A. Carr Park. “I thought maybe it was someone banging on the fence, but I saw a police officer there,” he told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram Wednesday. “He was kind of back behind one of the trees behind the fence. I realized then something was not quite right.” The scene “was exactly like something out of a movie,” he said. For about 20 minutes, starting about 2:50 p.m., more than a dozen Euless police officers converged on the wooded area in the park, confronting someone who was firing at police near a creek bank along the park’s southwest edge.

US_NEWS_TEXAS_SHOOTOUT_4_FT.56d6d20a51495.jpg

Police work the scene of a shooting where an officer and suspect were killed in Euless, Texas​

In the end, Officer David Hofer and the shooter, Jorge Brian Gonzalez, were fatally shot. Gonzalez, who had been released from Euless City Jail at 11:23 a.m. Tuesday, had broken into a home, stolen multiple weapons and fired several random rounds before taking a “position of cover” in a drainage ditch to ambush the responding officers, Euless police Chief Michael Brown said Wednesday. A caller to 911 said she saw a red pickup and heard the random shots being fired. “I heard one, and then bam, bam, bam.” Hofer and two other officers were the first to respond to the park.

When Hofer arrived, he “began to give verbal commands” to Gonzalez, who fired “immediately began firing multiple rounds at the officer,” Brown said. Banloon was watching from a window of his home “I saw officers on both sides. There were more coming in by the gazebo. One of them had a shield. I heard more shots go back and forth. Probably about 15 minutes had passed, and I heard two or three more shots. Then a minute passed, and the officers yelled out that the suspect was down.” Banloon stepped outside and opened his gate. “The next thing I saw was one of the younger officers running around crying,” Banloon said. “Then they pulled the officer’s body up on the creek ledge, trying to resuscitate him.”

MORE

See also:

Slain Officer Had Come to Texas for Safer Beat
March 2, 2016 - Fallen Euless Police Officer David Hofer served as a member of the New York Police Department from 2009 to 2014.
Senior police officer David Hofer’s Facebook page is filled with photos of his fiancee, Marta Danylyk, showing the young couple’s excitement at a promising future. Those dreams ended in gunfire Tuesday afternoon at J.A. Carr Park in Euless. On Wednesday morning, several Euless officers wiped away tears as they talked with their fellow officers in the department parking lot about their slain comrade, who had been with the Euless department for about two years, after serving in the New York Police Department from 2009 to 2014. “David truly enjoyed helping people and led with a servant’s heart,” Euless Lt. Wayne Pavlik said in an email. Pavilk commands the patrol division where Hofer worked in Euless. “If you had the fortunate opportunity to meet him, you would have found him to be [a] very warm and cheerful individual who would go out of his way to help anyone,” Pavlik wrote.

US_NEWS_TEXAS_SHOOTOUT_4_FT.56d77457a7a1e.jpg

A DFW Airport police officer kneels at the growing memorial at the Euless Police Headquarters on March 2 in Euliss, Texas.​

Hofer and other officers responded to a shooting call at the park Tuesday afternoon and encountered a gunman who fired at them. Police shot the man, identified by family members as Jorge Brian Gonzalez. Hofer was wounded and died in surgery in a Grapevine hospital. “He was a wonderful child, a wonderful police officer,” his mother, Sofija Hofer, told the New York Post. Hofer had come to Texas to be a patrol officer in a safer place, she said. Hofer’s Facebook page, still up on Wednesday, has a photo of the officer on one knee, proposing to Danylyk in January 2015. Another photo shows him enjoying food at a festival with Danylyk in June 2014. Collin County court records indicate they bought a house in November 2015. “He was so brave,” his mother told the Post, noting that her son wanted to write a book about his NYPD experience.

Condolences and prayers from across the nation poured into the department through the evening Tuesday and all day Wednesday. Pavlik called Hofer an exceptional police officer, person and friend to everyone in the police department and community. He had received eight commendation letters as a patrol officer. “David had an outstanding investigative people skills, was extremely intuitive, and was an officer who exemplified our profession,” the police lieutenant said. His mother told the Post that Hofer had wanted to be a police officer since he was a boy. He was the son of European immigrants, graduated from St. Ann’s High School in Brooklyn, N.Y., and earned a bachelor’s degree from New York University in 2008. He last was on duty in New York in Manhattan’s Ninth Precinct. Within hours of Hofer’s death, officers from the Ninth Precinct sent condolences via Twitter.

Slain Officer Came Texas for a Safer Beat | Officer.com

Forum List

Back