3 of the top 5 richest men in Congress are democrats.

Why do we keep getting these threads from Conservatives?

Yes.....Democrats can be rich
They do not hate wealth

They just think the wealthy should pay more in taxes. They vote to raise their own taxes
Meanwhile, rich republicans vote to slash the benefits of the poor

That is the difference
If they want to pay more in taxes they are free to cut a check to the U.S. Treasury for any amount they want.

But they won't
What a childlike retort

They are elected congressmen and their role is to set the tax rate. Wealthy Democrats vote to raise their own tax rate, wealthy republicans look to slash programs for the poor

They do not hate wealth

They just think the wealthy should pay more in taxes. They vote to raise their own taxes

That is the difference
If they want to pay more in taxes they are free to cut a check to the U.S. Treasury for any amount they want.

But they won't
What a childlike retort

They are elected congressmen and their role is to set the tax rate. Wealthy Democrats vote to raise their own tax rate, wealthy republicans look to slash programs for the poor
I have yet to see a dimwit raise their own taxes. If they do I guarantee they gain from it.

They do not hate wealth

That is the difference

But they won't
What a childlike retort

You are a dishonest one aren't you?

IF they truly felt that they weren't paying enough taxes, they could donate to the cause without being told to.

Oh, and I'd sure like to see a breakdown that actually says that the 2 richest Democrats DID vote to raise taxes, my suspicion is that they voted "present"

They do not hate wealth

That is the difference

But they won't
What a childlike retort

Yeah, obama care done so well for the poor. The supplements they get for their insurance, will be added as income and will affect their tax credits at the end of the year. So yeah democrats really are for the poor.

Who are the richest members of Congress - Yahoo Finance

That's right the supposed party of the people is full of rich people.

Nothing wrong with that. Do I detect "class envy"?
Just a minute.
You libs have been bombing the wealthy. Carrying signs vilifying if not criminalizing wealth.
Now your side is exposed as the more wealthy and now you say "So what"?..
Cut the bullshit.
This wealth thing is the issue YOU started. Now it is your albatross.
Tough shit

Let Them Eat Cake Members of Congress 14 Times More Wealthy Than Average American - US News

The average wealth of democrats is higher then Republicans and over 50 percent of Congress are millionaires.
How do they vote on taxes?
A fair guess would be they vote on taxes like most Dems do.
Whats your point?
What's the point of this topic?
The point is to expose the hypocrisy of the left.
They run around the country telling anyone who will listen how EVIL the rich are. How THEY will punish the rich and bestow them with the spoils of taxation used to punish those who "have too much"...
Hypocrisy...Tghe exclusive province of liberals.
Liberals..."Do as I say. Not as I do"..

What does it matter really about a politician's net worth? They've all agreed not to investigate wall street, the banks, and the rating agencies, the culprits many believe to be behind the financial meltdown, (although a few here believe the meltdown was caused by people getting food stamps.) In the meantime, we worry who's wealthier or plays too much golf or how heavy his wife is.

Last edited:

The Democratic Party is a coalition party. Of course they have rich people. And poor people and everyone in between. Including gays, blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians, college professors, scientists, drop outs, men, women. The party is incredibly diverse. Just look up "Democratic Party Demographics".

Then you have the Republicans, 90% white. Ignorant poor people led by rich white people.

The Democratic Party is a coalition party. Of course they have rich people. And poor people and everyone in between. Including gays, blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians, college professors, scientists, drop outs, men, women. The party is incredibly diverse. Just look up "Democratic Party Demographics".

Then you have the Republicans, 90% white. Ignorant poor people led by rich white people.
Lol, your party thinks Obama has done a good job. You don't have the right to call others ignorant.

They do not hate wealth

That is the difference

But they won't
What a childlike retort

I have yet to see a dimwit raise their own taxes. If they do I guarantee they gain from it.
Another childlike statement

Taxes are raised all the time

They do not hate wealth

That is the difference

But they won't
What a childlike retort

Yeah, obama care done so well for the poor. The supplements they get for their insurance, will be added as income and will affect their tax credits at the end of the year. So yeah democrats really are for the poor.
Compared to the party of "let em die"?

One reason you have a lot of rich people in Congress is because they can afford to be there. They can afford to run campaigns, they can afford to live the lifestyle, etc. It's easier to be elected to congress when you have your own personal wealth. Look, for example, at Mitt Romney and his campaign for the presidency: he funded a great deal of it with his own money, and he had a lot of wealthy friends contriubuing to his campaign. The same is true of those who run for congress. It's our system. If it didn't cost so much to run for office, we'd have far more economically ordinary people in Congress.
Um.

I don't know. I don't think I would want to vote for some guy who works as a Walmart Manager, who only earns $40,000 a year. Not because of his income... but because of his limited expertise and experience in the world.

There are some people who have been able to work their way into government without money.

But the truth is, we don't generally want to elect losers. I want people who have 'skin in the game'. Not some guy who makes $30K as an auto mechanic. What does that guy know about international relations?

The people who know enough about how national policy works, are often wealthy people.

Additionally, people tend to work their way up from lower levels of government. Often many people start in lower levels, and move from position to position, many times earning very little. But as we all know, there are many ways to make money in politics, and eventually you end up very wealthy before you end up in the Senate.

And lastly... Politics attracts a certain type of people. The most obvious and most prevalent... lawyers. Well clearly, if you are a lawyer, you are not going to be impoverished.

Most people at the lower income levels, have no interest whatsoever in being in politics. I would absolutely HATE being in politics. Not to mention, being honest and frank with people, is not an election winning plan.

Would *YOU* want to be in politics? Think about that. You really want every single word you ever speak, analyzed by every hack and partisan in the country? You really want every accidental word you speak, taken out of context, and splashed across international news channels?

Do you want responsibility for every action by every single Federal employee in the entire country?

Now I have blamed the IRS, and laughed at their "those emails magically were lost" explanation. But if you go through all my posts, I have never blamed Obama directly for the IRS scandal. Why? Because I truly believe it is entirely possible that the IRS was doing stuff Obama didn't know about. There are just under 3 MILLION Federal Employees.

Take a look at this page real quick.
List of United States federal agencies - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

This is a list of Federal Government Agencies.

When I hit print preview.... it says that this cite, is 34 pages long.

When some government agency does something crazy, and the politicians stand up and say "We didn't know about this"... many times... I believe them. You think you as a Congressman, or a Senator, are going to know what every single one of those thousand government agencies is doing? You are crazy. It would take you a couple of weeks, to go through the actions of every single agency, just once. But those Agencies are being changed and reorganized, and doing different things, every single month. And by the way.... there is no official government list of agencies. Even the government doesn't know exactly how many there are. This is just a list compiled by people on Wiki.

Back to the point.... Not many people are interested in this kind of thing. Just saying.... not many want this type of responsibility, or authority. The idea that if money wasn't required, then average people would do it, just isn't all that true. Look at the Founding Fathers of this country, back in 1776.

Of the 74 Delegates at the Constitutional convention... 35 were lawyers. Surprise. 13 were Merchants, 11 were Securities merchants (aka bankers), 7 were Land Speculators (land brokers and land lords), and 14 were massive plantation owners, or operators (Walmart people). (some overlap in here, that's why the numbers don't add up).

Out of all of them, only 2 were small farmers, 4 were doctors, 2 scientists, and 8 were career politicians which at that time was a very low wage.

So maybe 10 people were 'average joes'. The rest were wealthy. Nothing has changed. In fact, percentage wise, it's not all that different from today.

They do not hate wealth

That is the difference

But they won't
What a childlike retort

It's called leading by example.

But then again out elected leaders don't lead anymore do they?

Let Them Eat Cake Members of Congress 14 Times More Wealthy Than Average American - US News

The average wealth of democrats is higher then Republicans and over 50 percent of Congress are millionaires.
How do they vote on taxes?
A fair guess would be they vote on taxes like most Dems do.
Whats your point?
What's the point of this topic?
The point is to expose the hypocrisy of the left.
They run around the country telling anyone who will listen how EVIL the rich are. How THEY will punish the rich and bestow them with the spoils of taxation used to punish those who "have too much"...
Hypocrisy...Tghe exclusive province of liberals.
Liberals..."Do as I say. Not as I do"..

What liberal has said that rich people are evil?

What liberal has said they want to punish people for being rich?

It's not "hypocrisy" when you just make shit up to fit your argument.

They do not hate wealth

That is the difference

But they won't
What a childlike retort

It's called leading by example.

But then again out elected leaders don't lead anymore do they?
So....every politician who supports helping the poor should give all their money to the poor first
Every republican who supported invading Iraq should have enlisted first

What a simpleton you are

Forum List

Back