30 hour a week service job....

Funny how I know people who started working at restaurants then became assistant managers then managers a couple of them now own a franchise or 2

so yes a service job is indeed a job that affords opportunity to those who will apply themselves and who do not think that simply stuffing burgers in a bag is a career
I know a guy......

Once again, as a group college graduates outperform high school graduates by a wide margin

For the most part, they didn't advance their education for a reason
funny how I know people who never went to college and they make more than all those idiots who got useless degrees in psych or gender studies

And FYI just because a person may not go to college does not mean he is uneducated

The folks who make it in without college have likely built up trust - they've shown their higher ups that they are dedicated employees that are worth promoting. This relies on high work ethics /and/ availability of position. There is, when speaking about a fast food or box store type job, a wage cap on that. In a smaller business setting they'll have a better chance of moving up, so long as there's not "conflicts" like a family member taking over or something.

If you do not /step up/ and earn trust then you will not move up, you also likely won't get raises, and you'll be higher on the list of "expendable employees" if there's a downturn in the business of some kind.

Funny how I know people who started working at restaurants then became assistant managers then managers a couple of them now own a franchise or 2

so yes a service job is indeed a job that affords opportunity to those who will apply themselves and who do not think that simply stuffing burgers in a bag is a career
I know a guy......

Once again, as a group college graduates outperform high school graduates by a wide margin

funny how I know people who never went to college and they make more than all those idiots who got useless degrees in psych or gender studies

And FYI just because a person may not go to college does not mean he is uneducated
Funny how I know a guy who never went to college, works part time installing carpets, drinks too much and beats his wife

I know another guy who went to college, is chief financial officer for a major insurance company and owns a mansion

I know a guy......

Funny how I know a guy who never went to college, works part time installing carpets, drinks too much and beats his wife

I know another guy who went to college, is chief financial officer for a major insurance company and owns a mansion

I know a guy who went to college and is a raging alcoholic sleeping in his brother's basement while his brother who didn't go to college has a very successful electrician's business

I know guy who never went to college and is an insurance salesman who has made the million dollar round table for the past 5 years

It is not a college education that guarantees success as you so naively think but rather the work ethic of the individual

I know a guy......

And your point is?

I know a guy......

And your point is?
He doesn't have a point but for the one on his head

I know a guy......

I know a guy who went to college and is a raging alcoholic sleeping in his brother's basement while his brother who didn't go to college has a very successful electrician's business

I know guy who never went to college and is an insurance salesman who has made the million dollar round table for the past 5 years

It is not a college education that guarantees success as you so naively think but rather the work ethic of the individual
There are no guarantees in life.

Life is a bunch of probabilities based on what you put into it. Someone who graduates college has a higher probability of success than someone who doesn't

Now this is the point where you tell me about that guy who dropped out of high school and is now a millionaire

I know a guy......

And your point is?
The point is......

Anyone can come up with...... I know a guy stories

I know a guy......

And your point is?
The point is......

I know a guy who takes pride in flipping burgers just like you do....

I know a guy......

I know a woman from Slovenia who dropped out of college before she completed one semester. She got a job as a high priced fashion model and came to America and married a billionaire

I guess you are right......who needs college?

I know a guy......

And your point is?
The point is......

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

I know a guy......

Life is a bunch of probabilities based on what you put into it. Someone who graduates college has a higher probability of success than someone who doesn't

Now this is the point where you tell me about that guy who dropped out of high school and is now a millionaire

Sorry but no. Not all degrees are equal

Anyone without a degree can make as much as or even more than your average college grad with a worthless BA

I know a guy......

Sorry but no. Not all degrees are equal

Anyone without a degree can make as much as or even more than your average college grad with a worthless BA
They can.....but they don't

Those with a college degree demand a higher salary than the average person without one.

Not all High School diplomas are equal

Screen-shot-2011-06-06-at-4.18.27-PM.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back