4 of my favorite spots in Lebanon

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Since you were brought up in Lebanon, Aris, what do you think of this woman's choices. Do you have favorite places of your own which you might want to divulge to us.

RANYA RADWAN
Published: 23/03/2016 08:03 PM

• A
  • A
  • A

dsc01087.jpg

I am a city girl; I can never live in a village/small town. However, I do enjoy venturing out of Beirut every couple of weeks or so to unwind. I love exploring Lebanon and all it has to offer, so far these are my favorite spots:

1) Our Lady of Nourieh in Hamat

The historical shrine and monastery comes with a breathtaking view and is a wonderful place to explore.

Continue reading at:

Is there any place in Lebanon....left standing? after all these years of war?

Why don't you Google and maybe you can pull up some nice pictures you can share with us?

Is there any place in Lebanon....left standing? after all these years of war?

Outside of the main cities, a lot was untouched.
There has been massive building since the end of the war. Some scars are still visible. The worst damage was in beirut especial along the green line.

Looks like a new city, country. Most historic/scenic sites suffered minimal damage. Much of the hotel area was decimated.

Ancient Roman areas of Beirut were found during the reconstruction downtown

Sadly most cities in syria after four years look like Lebanon did during and at the end of the war, after fifteen year. Of course Lebanon did not have air and tank assault like syria. Except in a few cases, the military had no part in the civil war, they did not take sides.

"WASHINGTON — From presidential confidants in the White House Situation Room to anchors on cable television to ruminators at the city’s think tanks, the view has settled in: Afghanistan is an ungovernable collection of tribes that has confounded every conqueror since Alexander the Great. Like a lot of received wisdom, it may well be correct.

But as President Obama debates whether to send more American troops to Afghanistan, and whether, more pointedly, he might be sending them down a black hole of civic hopelessness, American and Afghan scholars and diplomats say it is worth recalling four decades in the country’s recent history, from the 1930s to the 1970s, when there was a semblance of a national government and Kabul was known as “the Paris of Central Asia.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/18/weekinreview/18bumiller.html?_r=0

I recommend Dr. Phyllis Chesler's book, "The Death of Feminism," in which she describes what has happened to Kabul.
Chesler made the mistake of marrying an Afghan citizen, and how Kabul changed once the fundamentalists took charge.

Have a nice trip.

"WASHINGTON — From presidential confidants in the White House Situation Room to anchors on cable television to ruminators at the city’s think tanks, the view has settled in: Afghanistan is an ungovernable collection of tribes that has confounded every conqueror since Alexander the Great. Like a lot of received wisdom, it may well be correct.

But as President Obama debates whether to send more American troops to Afghanistan, and whether, more pointedly, he might be sending them down a black hole of civic hopelessness, American and Afghan scholars and diplomats say it is worth recalling four decades in the country’s recent history, from the 1930s to the 1970s, when there was a semblance of a national government and Kabul was known as “the Paris of Central Asia.”

I recommend Dr. Phyllis Chesler's book, "The Death of Feminism," in which she describes what has happened to Kabul.
Chesler made the mistake of marrying an Afghan citizen, and how Kabul changed once the fundamentalists took charge.

Have a nice trip.

7 yrs ago

Have a nice trip.

7 yrs ago

"Afghanistan still a ‘dangerous’ country: US

Kabul : The Obama administration, despite seven years of sustained efforts and spending billions of dollars with hundreds of its soldiers dead, still finds Afghanistan to be a dangerous country."
Afghanistan still a ‘dangerous’ country: US - The Siasat Daily

Wise up.

Have a nice trip.

7 yrs ago

Kabul : The Obama administration, despite seven years of sustained efforts and spending billions of dollars with hundreds of its soldiers dead, still finds Afghanistan to be a dangerous country."

Wise up.

These days just about every country is dangerous

Have a nice trip.

7 yrs ago

Wise up.

These days just about every country is dangerous

Brilliant.

Simply brilliant.

Forum List

Back