4 shot in deadly Sacramento home invasion; Intruder fatally wounded

22 December, 2012 | Leticia Ordaz

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) —Sacramento police are investigating a home invasion robbery on Haven Court that left one intruder dead and three others injured on Saturday.

Police have arrested Thomas Ordonaz, 21. He is charged with assault with a deadly weapon and, accessory after the fact.

The incident happened at 3:30 a.m. in the Pocket neighborhood.

Investigators said during the course of the robbery, gunfire was exchanged and total of four people were shot.

(Excerpt)

4 shot in deadly Sacramento home invasion; Intruder fatally wounded | News - KCRA Home

How many people would have been shot if there were no guns involved?

Hmmm.

Get out a pencil and work it out.

Pretend it's a word problem and draw a picture.

Gun = 4 people shot.

No Guns = X people shot.

Good question. Have you asked that of the British in their Socialized government that has stripped them of all firearms? They have no weapons to protect themselves from criminals, yet criminals get guns.
Gun crime up 39% and murder by guns up considerably higher.
British constabulary now routinely patrols with pistols and H&K MP-5 machine guns.
If you question this, why don't you come up with your supposed facts?

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) —Sacramento police are investigating a home invasion robbery on Haven Court that left one intruder dead and three others injured on Saturday.

Police have arrested Thomas Ordonaz, 21. He is charged with assault with a deadly weapon and, accessory after the fact.

Investigators said during the course of the robbery, gunfire was exchanged and total of four people were shot.

(Excerpt)

4 shot in deadly Sacramento home invasion; Intruder fatally wounded | News - KCRA Home

You have a lot of nerve to post about a gun owner protecting himself and his property from intruders.

(Excerpt)

Hmmm.

Gun = 4 people shot.

No Guns = X people shot.

Good question. Have you asked that of the British in their Socialized government that has stripped them of all firearms? They have no weapons to protect themselves from criminals, yet criminals get guns.
Gun crime up 39% and murder by guns up considerably higher.
British constabulary now routinely patrols with pistols and H&K MP-5 machine guns.
If you question this, why don't you come up with your supposed facts?

Hazel only gets his views from the leftwing talking points, and it doesn't cover what you posted.

"All I know is that if there were no guns there would be at least one less dead person today! Gun owners, this blood is on YOUR hands!" :uhoh3:

Perhaps, but gun control laws will not keep guns out of the hands of criminals, so your proposed solution would have done nothing to prevent it.

(Excerpt)

Hmmm.

Gun = 4 people shot.

No Guns = X people shot.

Why would anyone lament four criminals being shot? Most people are cheering.

(Excerpt)

Hmmm.

Gun = 4 people shot.

No Guns = X people shot.

Why would anyone lament four criminals being shot? Most people are cheering.

Were four criminals shot?

What kind of weapon did the homeowner have?

(Excerpt)

Hmmm.

Gun = 4 people shot.

No Guns = X people shot.

OJ had no gun.. Charlie had no gun

(Excerpt)

Hmmm.

Gun = 4 people shot.

No Guns = X people shot.

Your math is slightly defective.

First, assume that four of the assailants were criminals. Outlawing guns would not have preventing them from getting weapons illegally. If they were going to commit a home-break in and robbery, chances are that anti-gun laws would not have made a difference to them. Hell, there were four of them so why didn't they just use baseball bats?

Second, assume the four armed intruders merely (merely??) wanted to rob the home owner. All the home owner had to do was remain calm and give them everything they wanted, right? However, assumptions often make an ass out of you and me, and making the wrong assumption with criminals can be fatal. Sometimes – and I am not making this up – criminals are not content with committing the crime; they are also concerned (for good reason) with getting away with the crime. I know that many of you bleeding heart anti-gun fanatics won't believe me, but sometimes criminals KILL witnesses. At this point I deem it appropriate to add: duh!

One question for all you anti gun people. Whether the assailants were armed with guns or something else (baseball bats, or knives), would you expect a single person to defend themselves with something other than a more lethal device? Could you? Would you?

I said it before, and I'll keep saying it until some of you finally understand that guns in the hands of law abiding people is a good thing, a very good thing.

Your formula:

Gun = 4 people shot.

No Guns = X people shot.

Reality:

No guns = One innocent person (potential witness) killed

Guns = One thug killed and four other thugs wounded (and hopefully taught a lesson), and one innocent person saved.

The fact that one armed assailant was killed and his three partners wounded is a hell of a lot better than the innocent home-owner being put in danger of her own death.

I think you need a stiff drink and an enema. That's not an insult. It works for me when I start thinking crazy.

More than 100 Americans have been shot to death during the week since the Sandy Hill slaughter of children and adults.

(Excerpt)

You have a lot of nerve to post about a gun owner protecting himself and his property from intruders.
The poor intruders. They were just looking for some "social justice" from the greedy homeowner, right?

:(

Were all four shooting victims thugs, Prof?

IF the four were all involved in the home-break in, yes.

If not, only those who were involved in the home-break in were thugs.

However, no matter the number of thugs who were shot, it is far better that a gun or guns was/were available to protect the innocent home owner(s).

Unfortunately, the article was not perfectly clear as to the status of the four who were shot; however, everything I previously posted is just as valid, no matter what.

I don't have to wait until the additional lnews comes out to know that some criminal(s) CAUSED a gunfight, and in spite of the fact that one assailant died, the outcome could have been far worse if the innocent home owner was not armed.

I wonder what the gun haters think would have happened if the home owner(s) had not been armed. I admit that it is possible the thug or thugs would have simply robbed them, thanked them for their cooperation and left. However, I have lived in this world long enough to know that criminals often kill their victims to eliminate witnesses.

I don't know what you would do in the same circumstances, but I can tell you what I would do.

If someone breaks through my door, he will be facing a very frightened and armed man.
If the intruders are unarmed, and if I can control my fear, I will tell them that as long as they leave, nothing will happen to them. If they are armed, I will shot to kill. No warnings. My idea of a fair fight is to kill the son of a bitch before he has a chance to kill me .... or members of my family.

Now I am done with this tread, so you can have the last word.

Forbs Magazine: "In fact law-abiding citizens in America used guns in self-defense 2.5 million times during 1993 (about 6,850 times per day), and actually shot and killed 2 1/2 times as many criminals as police did (1,527 to 606). Those civilian self-defense shootings resulted in less than 1/5th as many incidents as police where an innocent person was mistakenly identified as a criminal (2% versus 11%).

Just how effectively have gun bans worked to make citizens safer in other countries? Take the number of home break-ins while residents are present as an indication. In Canada and Britain, both with tough gun-control laws, nearly half of all burglaries occur when residents are present. But in the U.S. where many households are armed, only about 13% happen when someone is home.

Recognizing clear statistical benefit evidence, 41 states now allow competent, law-abiding adults to carry permitted or permit-exempt concealed handguns. As a result, crime rates in those states have typically fallen at least 10% in the year following enactment."

Forum List

Back