40 Obvious And Painless Ways For The US To Cut Its Budget

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Links and the rest at site

SNIP:

Walter Hickey|Feb. 21, 2013, 5:53 PM|68,890|19

The U.S. government is one week away from the sequester deadline, when $1.2 trillion of across-the-board spending cuts will go into effect.

The budget slashing is set to hit everything from NASA to food inspectors, and members of both parties are alternately playing the blame game and trying to come up with a solution to avoid the cuts.

Still, it's worth noting that there are some things the government spends money on that could definitely go.

Each year, the conservative Heritage Foundation combs through the budget and points out some particularly egregious expenditures and redundancies.

Here are forty cuts they've identified that the government can totally afford to make.

All of it here
Read more: 40 Obvious And Simple Ways For The US To Painlessly Cut The Budget - Business Insider

A lot of those sound obvious. I'd have to look into if its as cut and dry and the article makes it seem, and if it is, why isn't either party championing for those cuts?

My top pick...

The National Institutes of Health spent $170,000 over three years researching the hookah smoking habits of Jordanians.

A lot of those sound obvious. I'd have to look into if its as cut and dry and the article makes it seem, and if it is, why isn't either party championing for those cuts?

that's a good question
right now both parties pretty much suck

Doesn't give them any victims to exploit as political props...DUH!

BTW, Steph, elimination of the Joint Strike Fighter, I'll throw the Osprey in there to boot, would be a good thing.

Forum List

Back