4000 years of Vietnam's history from view of a Vietnamese

Magicknight94

Jan 1, 2014
HCMC
Sorry if I post this in the wrong forum. I would like to share my country's history, based on my own view. It will be short and focused :cool:. And sorry for my english.:eusa_pray:

Dawn of time

Huyen-su-Lac-long-Quan-va-Au-Co-13.gif

_According to our legends, Lac Long Quan (Lac the Dragon Lord) was a sea dragon. He married a mountain fairy called Au Co. She bore an egg sac that hatched 100 children. When they divorced, Lac led 50 children to sea, and Au Co led 50 children to land.

_Their first son became the first Hung Vuong (the mighty King), king of Van Lang, the first nation in Vietnam. Van Lang lasted from 2879 BC to 258 BC, ruled by 18 generations of Hung Vuong. Van Lang territory included parts of south China and north Vietnam.

hoavantrongdongvl5.jpg

_Thuc Phan, ruler of another Viet tribe, defeated the 18th Hung Vuong and created the Au Lac, the second nation in Vietnam.

_Thuc Phan's nation was invaded by Zhao Tuo (207 BC), started the 1000 years of domination of Chineses.

A millennium of domination of Chineses

_Trung Sisters led a rebellion against Han Dynasty (40 AD). Their success only lasted for 3 years.

_For hundred years, countless attempts of Vietnameses to liberate our country were made.

_938, victory of Bach Dang River by Ngo Quyen against the Southern Han army opened a new era of Vietnam. We were really liberated after 1000 years.

Chienthangbachdang938.jpg
Feudal period

_939–967 Ngo Dynasty

_968–980 Dinh Dynasty

_980–1009 Early Le Dynasty

+981: The second battle of Bach Dang occured, Le's army defeated the invasion of Song Dynasty.

_1009–1225 Ly Dynasty

+1010: Thang Long/Hanoi became the new capital.

+1077: The second victory against the Song invasion at battle of Nhu Nguyet river.

_1225–1400 Tran Dynasty

+1258: The first victory against Mongol invasion.

+1285: The second victory against Mongol invasion.

44_thoathoan.jpg

Toghan, the leading general and prince of Mongol Dynasty being chased by Vietnamese forces.​

+1287-1288: The third victory against Mongol invasion. Also the third victory at Bach Dang river.

300px-Tre1baadn-be1baa1ch-de1bab1ng.jpg

_1400–1407 Ho Dynasty

+Ho's army was defeated by Ming's invasion in 1407. Ming dominated the Vietnameses until 1427 when Le Loi forced Ming to withdrawn .

_1428–1788 Later Le Dynasty

+A chaosic period. Civil wars between Trinh lord and Nguyen lord occured.

_1778–1802 Tay Son Dynasty: Nguyen Hue/Quang Trung led a peasant rebellion and destroyed all Le's, Trinh's, Nguyen's forces, established Tay Son Dynasty.

+1785: Victory against Siameses invasion at Rach Gam-Xoai Mut rivers.

+1789: Victory against Qing China.

_1802–1945 Nguyen Dynasty: the last and darkest dynasty in Vietnam's history. Except some emperors, they all sold Vietnameses to Frenchs.

Modern era

Again, this is from my view.:eusa_hand:

9/1945: Democratic Republic of Vietnam was established, freed from Frenchs and Japaneses.

1946: France and UK began a new invasion.

1949: Frenchs helped Bao Dai establishing a puppet goverment, State of Vietnam.

1950: US began to help France.

1954: Vietnam defeated France at battle of Dien Bien Phu, Geneva Accords were signed.

+US sponsored the puppet goverment, changed their name to Republic of Vietnam.

1972: Operation Linebacker II was destroyed. Paris Peace Accords were signed.

230px-AAAA.jpg

1975: The final victory.

1978: Cambodian Polpot attacked and massacred Vietnameses. Vietnam fought back and destroy them, rescued the Cambodians.

1979: China attacked Vietnames but were stopped.

1988: Chinese naval force attacked Spratly Islands, but Vietnamese soldiers bravely fought and successfully protected our occupied islands.

Last edited:
You left couple things out didn’t you? How about the hundreds of US POWs that the NVA tortured to death because they refused to admit they were war criminals. The proof of this is that everyone who came back collaborated to some extent, if they hadn‘t they would have died.

Did the Khmer Rouge prove they were better Communist ;after all, they killed millions where your country was only able to kill ten of thousands of innocent people.

Last edited:
You left couple things out didn’t you? How about the hundreds of US POWs that the NVA tortured to death because they refused to admit they were war criminals. The proof of this is that everyone who came back collaborated to some extent, if they hadn‘t they would have died.

Did the Khmer Rouge prove they were better Communist ;after all, they killed millions where your country was only able to kill ten of thousands of innocent people.

Unfortunately, unlike Polpot, we were not backed up by Americans シ :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Unfortunately, unlike Polpot, we were not backed up by Americans シ :eusa_whistle:

Neither was Pol Pot, it was China that backed him.

BS, Pol Pot was a communist and we do not support communist except for the deal me made with the murdering communist bastard Stalin. We would have never allied with him if we had not seen Hitler as much more of a threat.

That stuff sounds like propaganda you communist are good at it. Remember the propaganda your country used during the war. To you, we are war criminals because we believe in freedom.

If we ever did provide any support for the Khmer Rouge which I doubt( but there was no way we could prevent our Cambodian allies from sharing their weapons with Khmer Rouge) it would have only been because we saw weaken marginalized Cambodian Communist as less of a threat than strong Vietnam commies.

All commies are the same they only vary by degree.

Last edited:
BS, Pol Pot was a communist and we do not support communist except for the deal me made with the murdering communist bastard Stalin. We would have never allied with him if we had not seen Hitler as much more of a threat.
Did you even read the link?

"We are not communists ... we are revolutionaries" who do not 'belong to the commonly accepted grouping of communist Indochina."(Ieng Sary, 1977, quoted by Vickery, Cambodia: 1978-1983, p. 288).

That stuff sounds like propaganda you communist are good at it. Remember the propaganda your country used during the war. To you, we are war criminals because we believe in freedom.

If we ever did provide any support for the Khmer Rouge which I doubt( but there was no way we could prevent our Cambodian allies from sharing their weapons with Khmer Rouge) it would have only been because we saw weaken marginalized Cambodian Communist as less of a threat than strong Vietnam commies.

All commies are the same they only vary by degree.

So do me. In my eyes, you capitalists are nothing more than greed oppressors whom invaded thoundsands countries to rob the resources. :evil:

Last edited:
_According to our legends, Lac Long Quan

_Their first son became the first Hung Vuong /QUOTE]

Some little known facts.

Lac Long Quan was clearly poorly named as, if he had been long, there would never have been a divorce.

The first Hung Vuong, also known as "well Hung" was never divorced.

_According to our legends, Lac Long Quan

_Their first son became the first Hung Vuong /QUOTE]

Some little known facts.

Lac Long Quan was clearly poorly named as, if he had been long, there would never have been a divorce.

The first Hung Vuong, also known as "well Hung" was never divorced.

They divorced because they are from diff species (water dragon and land fairy), so they had diff inhabited environments and cannot stay with each other forever.

Vietnam never had anything that we needed or wanted if it had not been for the threat that the Soviet posed to our freedom and security we would have not been there. I don’t understand why we add to the lie and damage our honor by having diplomatic relations with that country. We could save the cost of an embassy by breaking relations and leaving.

The Cold War is over so I will try and let it go, but I am going to get this off my chest before I do: It was the Vietnamese government that was guilty of war crimes. They would place anti-craft guns near schools when they knew that we were going to try and take them out, so that they could use the dead bodies of the children as propaganda tools. That is disgusting and typical of communist that place no value on individual life not even the babies as long as they are not their babies.

Last edited:
C'mon seriously, name me 3 IMPORTANT (lol) things that ever came out of Nam.

The most downloaded mobile game in 2014, a very famous food and a winner of Fields Medal - the "mathematician's Nobel Prize" - are not important?

No, your vc teaches in Chicago, a video game is mostly irrelevant and the soup, well, it's a fucking soup!!!! LOL!

I'm talking about a cure for something, inventing the car, telephone... something important. is there anything? Or was soup it? :lol:

Forum List

Back