4th of July

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
What a fabulous holiday!

I'm just sad I missed the fireworks!

Lol

What an overrated "holiday".

I agree, Id' rather be working. What is it with the fireworks, anyway? BOOM BANG POW, that is it. It isn't an orgasm we are talking about here, just loud noise that cost a lot of money. Ironically enough, it's people that can't afford to waste money, that buy these damned things. During a high fire alert, when fireworks are banned...That I just don't understand.

I agree, Id' rather be working. What is it with the fireworks, anyway? BOOM BANG POW, that is it. It isn't an orgasm we are talking about here, just loud noise that cost a lot of money. Ironically enough, it's people that can't afford to waste money, that buy these damned things. During a high fire alert, when fireworks are banned...That I just don't understand.

Gawd...you must be the life of the party!

What the hell is it with all these depressed, hateful, bigoted and all around pissy conservative women on this forum?

Goods lord...take a fucking Midol and enjoy life!

John Adams had written to his wife Abigail:

The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more

Adams's prediction was off by two days. From the outset, Americans celebrated independence on July 4, the date shown on the much-publicized Declaration of Independence, rather than on July 2, the date the resolution of independence was approved in a closed session of Congress

What the hell is it with all these depressed, hateful, bigoted and all around pissy conservative women on this forum?

Don't have a hissy, sissy. We both need a Midol.

Don't have a hissy, sissy. We both need a Midol.

Now that's funny :lol:

I am smelling the gunpowder, hearing the loud crack and sizzle of fireworks. Pop pop pop, and my poor dog is hiding in the basement. Some of us human beings have health problems, like Epilepsy triggered by loud noise or lights. Happy Canada day, and don't forget "Don't step on any bees" (day), and there is the "Be nice to New Jersey" week. All kind of "holidays" , too. Look it up. Then the thirty first is Chilidog day. Could you leave me the hell out of them?

Last edited:
I am smelling the gunpowder, hearing the loud crack and sizzle of fireworks. Pop pop pop, and my poor dog is hiding in the basement. Some of us human beings have health problems, like Epilepsy triggered by loud noise or lights. Happy Canada day, and don't forget "Don't step on any bees" (day), and there is the "Be nice to New Jersey" week. All kind of "holidays" , too. Look it up. Then the thirty first is Chilidog day. Could you leave me the hell out of them?

Calm yourself, woman. :slap:

Not a big fan of individuals tossing various fireworks around for obvious reasons, but always enjoy large fireworks displays put on by municipalities or other organizations.

Hard to beat the shows put on by Grand Haven, Michigan on the 4th and later in the summer to celebrate the annual week of Coast Guard Festival.

Forum List

Back