51% of GOP now accept anthropogenic global warming

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
GOP warms to climate change as voters embrace global warming believers | WashingtonExaminer.com

GOP WARMS TO CLIMATE CHANGE AS VOTERS EMBRACE GLOBAL WARMING BELIEVERS

BY PAUL BEDARD | MAY 30, 2014 | 3:25 PM

Breaking from party orthodoxy, a majority of Republican voters now accept climate change, sparking a drive inside the GOP to find a middle ground to help candidates finesse the issue without sounding out of touch or in the tank for President Obama and Al Gore.

See link for remainder of article.

The majority view - as do majority views with overwhelming supporting evidence - grows. You folks will eventually be left standing on the uttermost fringes as your former compatriots creep towards the sensible center.

we are so Screwed

The purpose of the US Constitution is to establish the structure of the US government and delineate its powers. Given that the government is a representative one, to some extent, restrictions on that government ARE restrictions on its people.

The PEOPLE, for instance, cannot decide to violate the Constitution even if they have a majority opinion on some matter: like the separation of church and state, like voting rights, like cruel and unusual punishment, like a significant portion of actions that conservatives would like our government to take.

we are so Screwed

The purpose of the US Constitution is to establish the structure of the US government and delineate its powers. Given that the government is a representative one, to some extent, restrictions on that government ARE restrictions on its people.

The PEOPLE, for instance, cannot decide to violate the Constitution even if they have a majority opinion on some matter: like the separation of church and state, like voting rights, like cruel and unusual punishment, like a significant portion of actions that conservatives would like our government to take.

:eek:^^^

like I said we are, so screwed

GOP warms to climate change as voters embrace global warming believers | WashingtonExaminer.com

Breaking from party orthodoxy, a majority of Republican voters now accept climate change, sparking a drive inside the GOP to find a middle ground to help candidates finesse the issue without sounding out of touch or in the tank for President Obama and Al Gore.

The majority view - as do majority views with overwhelming supporting evidence - grows. You folks will eventually be left standing on the uttermost fringes as your former compatriots creep towards the sensible center.
Where does it say man made?

"He recently completed a poll on energy issues for Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions that found 51 percent of Republicans believe climate change is happening, will happen shortly or will occur in their lifetime. Just 24 percent deny it. The shift is particularly pronounced among younger party members."

Where does it say man made?

"He recently completed a poll on energy issues for Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions that found 51 percent of Republicans believe climate change is happening, will happen shortly or will occur in their lifetime. Just 24 percent deny it. The shift is particularly pronounced among younger party members."

I was hoping someone would note this before too awful long.

So, would you like to contend that till now, the majority of republicans in this nation rejected the observation that the world has been getting warmer? Would you? Really?

So, would you like to contend that till now, the majority of republicans in this nation rejected the observation that the world has been getting warmer? Would you? Really?
I believe most of them know about the ice ages so no, I don't agree with your assertion.

People in the USA aren't concerned about Global Warming.

threats07.png

I believe most of them know about the ice ages so no, I don't agree with your assertion.

What assertion would that be?

People in the USA aren't concerned about Global Warming.

threats07.png

That wasn't the point under discussion. The article tells us that a small majority of Republicans now believe in "climate change".

Anyone who believes the climate is not constantly changing is a fucking retard.

The OP article's reference article:

Republicans Can Change The Debate On Climate Change | The Daily Caller

from which we hear:

Polling I have done for the Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) could provide Republicans with a roadmap to discuss climate change in terms that build consensus for responsible and feasible policy responses.

Indeed, many Republicans support action on climate change, though of course their support is contingent on the kind of action taken and the reasons behind it. Republican and independent voters respond strongly to economic and health related appeals to address climate change. A robust 79 percent of Republican voters believe creating a healthier future with cleaner air is an important reason to take on climate change. 86 percent of independents feel the same way. And we found similarly high levels of support for reducing air and water pollution to improve public health.

The majority of Republicans also recognize climate change’s impact on national security. 79 percent of Republicans and 80 percent of independents believe addressing climate change can strengthen national security by making progress toward our energy independence. Additionally, 66 percent of Republicans and 75 percent of independents support addressing the issue to avoid the possibility the United States might need to fight a war to protect overseas oil supplies.

What assertion would that be?
The one you made. Read your posts.

Sounds and smells like propaganda piece...majority of America doesnt believe it is a threat

Forum List

Back