🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trumps Anti 2A stance is going to get much worse now.

LOL.. Are you seriously trying to dodge the fact that Trump not only banned bump stocks, but also allowed the DoJ to write the law on them.
Congress is supposed to write and pass laws. Not a government agency. That in itself is unconstitutional.
I "fake news" you post because this ONE example from Trump you loonies cite isn't a "one and only".
Too often too many recent POTUS have used Executive Orders to bypass Congress, or get needed action done when Congress dithers.

Remember, the cult hero of the loonie Leftists/DemocRATs, Husein Obama is on record with; "I have a pen and a phone." as an expression how he planned to exercise his dictatorial powers.

That point is when you're losing the debate because you can't refute the facts. So you get emotional.
Facts don't care about your feelings.

Yes, that statement works on left leaning Republicans like you (and Trump).

The fact is having to justify your TDS over bump stocks shows you are a complete idiot.

I think that you guys are in for some big surprises

Once tRump gets in for his second and last term

He is gonna know that he doesn’t need avid supporters anymore

When he began his first run, he was for universal healthcare, and taxing the rich

But he found out that his supporters didn’t like that, and reversed course

Once he no longer needs you, he is going to go for Mt Rushmore status

And that would require being loved by all … not some

He famously said “locking up hillary played well during the campaign… but now not so much”

He also said “After drain the swamp became popular, I started to say it like I meant it”

Then he hired the swamp

He said both of those things at his thank you rally tour after he got elected

And nobody blinked an eye

But that’s an old video too 😂

Buckle up … you are in for some very disappointing times ahead

His supporters want someone who stands on the right. Trump has them believing he does. Believing so much that they don't even care that he's not. They're like that 10yr old who doesn't want to give up the idea that Santa exists.
Imagine, all that time spent bashing Obama for spending $8 trillion in 8 years. Then overlooking the fact that Trump spent $8 trillion in just 4. Only vetoing one spending bill (because it didn't spend enough)
And then pretending that all the inflation we got in 2021, was suddenly created when Biden stepped into office. As if he'd packed it in his suitcase and brought it with him.

And the way they're ignoring what they know is coming for our 2A, now that Trumps been shot by an AR-15. He'll probably say something like "We can't allow these radical leftist to keep killing Americans with assault rifles." And he'll point out a bunch of liberals who's used them. And the next thing you know, Republicans will agree with him.
On another forum, me and his supporters got into it about gun laws and Trumps support for red flag laws. Before Trump said "I like taking the guns first," they all agreed that red flag laws would be abused. That anyone could simply claim that someone was a threat. (an ex wife, a bad neighbor etc etc), and their guns would be confiscated. They were totally against it. But after Trump made the statement, it was "but Trumps only talking about those who are a real threat." Completely ignoring the fact that it's going to local law enforcement and judges who are making the same exact decision they would've been making BEFORE Trump made that statement.

I've never in my life seen Republicans bend so far to the left as they have with Trump. I was shocked they nominated Romney. (over Ron Paul). But I wasn't shocked that Romney lost. He was too left leaning for Republicans. But here we are, 12 years later, and we have a Romney-like candidate who's about to take the White house for the 2nd time.

Maybe you're just nearsighted, but Trump has been consistent on this type of issue. Just as he said that if abortion was made illegal, there must be some form of punishment for the woman.

Trump believes in taking the guns away first, and going through the legal process later.
And you must lack reading and comprehension skills above 4th grade level.

My post was correcting a nearsighted error of reading and interpretation that sought to broad brush with a single, specific, focused case.

A reminder, a POTUS, or a dictator, is only as effective as those under 'his' authority/command follow 'his' orders/instructions as given.
One of Trumps major obstacles during his term was that the "Deep State" has been decades involved in entrenching and growing into the thousands in it's strength and influence/power. One person and a couple of faithful aids aren't going to undo that within a few years. Especially when many under his authority gave lip service agreement but then did nothing or just the opposite.

If Trump was referring to everyone's "guns", not specific cases/situations where an INDIVIDUAL who was armed/has guns has made actual threats, then cite recorded examples that prove your point/distortion. The one used for the OP didn't say what the tread poster claimed.

LOL.. Are you seriously trying to dodge the fact that Trump not only banned bump stocks, but also allowed the DoJ to write the law on them.
Congress is supposed to write and pass laws. Not a government agency. That in itself is unconstitutional.
Are you really that stupid and/or ignorant.

Government agencies/bureaus have made thousands(millions?) of "regulations" which have power of "the law" including fines and penalties.
Check out the EPA, ATF, DEA, etc. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I "fake news" you post because this ONE example from Trump you loonies cite isn't a "one and only".
Too often too many recent POTUS have used Executive Orders to bypass Congress, or get needed action done when Congress dithers.

Remember, the cult hero of the loonie Leftists/DemocRATs, Husein Obama is on record with; "I have a pen and a phone." as an expression how he planned to exercise his dictatorial powers.

I'm against most EO's. I may agree with the EO. But I don't agree that it's allowed. For one, Congress should be the only ones who write laws. 2. Most of the EO's are just pat me on the back statements, that aren't really enforced. Part of the smoke and mirrors that so many politicians rely on.
That includes the EO's of Obama and the rest of them. Congress should be the only body that writes the laws, for the simple fact that we're supposed to be a constitutional republic. Not a dictatorship. By-passing congress is by-passes our representation.
Just like when bills and their amendments go into a committee. Only a select few are allowed to vote on either of them. Ok, so that's the system. It's partially fair. (maybe 50% fair) But the fact that every committee seat costs from $800,000 to $1.8 million PER YEAR, and that lobbyist are usually the ones who pay for that congressman's seat, totally corrupts the entire committee. The end result is no one in my state or yours was even allowed to vote on that bill or it's amendment.
BTW, now days, "committee" is code for "lobbyist approved."

Are you really that stupid and/or ignorant.

Government agencies/bureaus have made thousands(millions?) of "regulations" which have power of "the law" including fines and penalties.
Check out the EPA, ATF, DEA, etc. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not so stupid that I don't know it's wrong. Just because they do it, doesn't make it right.

I think that you guys are in for some big surprises

Once tRump gets in for his second and last term

He is gonna know that he doesn’t need avid supporters anymore

When he began his first run, he was for universal healthcare, and taxing the rich

But he found out that his supporters didn’t like that, and reversed course

Once he no longer needs you, he is going to go for Mt Rushmore status

And that would require being loved by all … not some

He famously said “locking up hillary played well during the campaign… but now not so much”

He also said “After drain the swamp became popular, I started to say it like I meant it”

Then he hired the swamp

He said both of those things at his thank you rally tour after he got elected

And nobody blinked an eye

But that’s an old video too 😂

Buckle up … you are in for some very disappointing times ahead
I agree that trump is not an arch conservative

He was a sexual libertine most of his life

And only discovered the Tea Party rebellion when he ran for president

But he was pretty solid conservative during his four years in office on most issues

I think he will be ok

But he was pretty solid conservative during his four years in office on most issues

I think he will be ok
Good luck

I bet the liberal in him will come out, now that his base won’t be able threaten to not vote for him

He might become a great president

Here’s hoping

I'm against most EO's. I may agree with the EO. But I don't agree that it's allowed. For one, Congress should be the only ones who write laws. 2. Most of the EO's are just pat me on the back statements, that aren't really enforced. Part of the smoke and mirrors that so many politicians rely on.
That includes the EO's of Obama and the rest of them. Congress should be the only body that writes the laws, for the simple fact that we're supposed to be a constitutional republic. Not a dictatorship. By-passing congress is by-passes our representation.
Just like when bills and their amendments go into a committee. Only a select few are allowed to vote on either of them. Ok, so that's the system. It's partially fair. (maybe 50% fair) But the fact that every committee seat costs from $800,000 to $1.8 million PER YEAR, and that lobbyist are usually the ones who pay for that congressman's seat, totally corrupts the entire committee. The end result is no one in my state or yours was even allowed to vote on that bill or it's amendment.
BTW, now days, "committee" is code for "lobbyist approved."
Well the "committee system" is mostly for streamlining the pile of Bills thrown out by the hundreds of Senators and Representatives to make good on their campaign promises. If everyone of those Bills went to the floor for debate, etc.; then congress would really be a 24/6 all year round enterprise.
The committees are a filtering system, but had gets passed on by them winds up on the floor for debate and voting.

Certainly not a perfect system. But I'm waiting to see a better and more workable alternate.

You have a real, detailed, solid idea for improvement?

I'm not so stupid that I don't know it's wrong. Just because they do it, doesn't make it right.
Sorry for stepping on your toes, but the ability of Congress to engage oversite to point of control and rejection of "lone wolf agencies' policies" does seem a bit lacking.

I'm not suggesting such is right as much as pointing out what the system is and how it works.

You have any workable suggestions for change and improvement ?

Sorry for stepping on your toes, but the ability of Congress to engage oversite to point of control and rejection of "lone wolf agencies' policies" does seem a bit lacking.

I'm not suggesting such is right as much as pointing out what the system is and how it works.

You have any workable suggestions for change and improvement ?

Oversite comes with congressional votes on legislation. Representation.
Lobbyist control committee's. Committee's leave out the rest of the congress. Which now days, doesn't mean much since most of them are all about the same.
Every one of my states US congressmen are left leaning, big spending, big government republicans.

Having a workable suggestion or not, doesn't matter since I'm not a congressman. And since I'm not donating $1 million to a superpac, none of my congressman even care what I think.
Another slap in the face to the voters.

Well the "committee system" is mostly for streamlining the pile of Bills thrown out by the hundreds of Senators and Representatives to make good on their campaign promises. If everyone of those Bills went to the floor for debate, etc.; then congress would really be a 24/6 all year round enterprise.
The committees are a filtering system, but had gets passed on by them winds up on the floor for debate and voting.

Certainly not a perfect system. But I'm waiting to see a better and more workable alternate.

You have a real, detailed, solid idea for improvement?

It's no where near a perfect system. What your describing is one with very little corruption. As in how it's supposed to be.
But that's not what we have, when we have lobbyist paying for congressional committee seats FOR our congressmen.
Why does a committee seat cost anything at all?

Trump didn't listen to the experts on intelligence.
You mean the ones that are idiotically leading us in to WWIII thanks to their incompetent analysis?

Yeah, I wouldn't listen to those morons either.

I think he will be ok

$8 trillion spent. Vetoed only 1 spending bill. Signed 12 CR's. increased the debt ceiling every time it came up and suspended it for 2 years, so he wouldn't have to raise it again. Assaulted our 2A and constitution several times.

So please explain how Trump was a "Pretty solid conservative" again?

And you might want to throw in your definition of "conservatism." Because the original definition seems to have been changed.

Oversite comes with congressional votes on legislation. Representation.
Lobbyist control committee's. Committee's leave out the rest of the congress. Which now days, doesn't mean much since most of them are all about the same.
Every one of my states US congressmen are left leaning, big spending, big government republicans.

Having a workable suggestion or not, doesn't matter since I'm not a congressman. And since I'm not donating $1 million to a superpac, none of my congressman even care what I think.
Another slap in the face to the voters.
Not all lobbyists are "bad".
When I was more involved in keeping honeybees, we had a lobvbyist in our state legislature helping to get laws and regs that would limit pesticide use, protect pollinator habitat, and similar actions for helping to reduce honeybee and pollinator losses.

It's no where near a perfect system. What your describing is one with very little corruption. As in how it's supposed to be.
But that's not what we have, when we have lobbyist paying for congressional committee seats FOR our congressmen.
Why does a committee seat cost anything at all?
Seems to me you are muddling things.
Committee seats are an in-house selection system.
Do you mean something in regard to campaign contributions ???

Forum List

Back