53 Years Ago Today Wallace Was Sworn In

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Wallace was sworn in as Governor. From his inauguration speech:

"In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."

Add in Robert Byrd and the Congressional Democrats trying to block the Civil Rights Act, their continued love of segregation and treating people of skin color as inferior children who can't survive without them it's obvious who the racist party is.

Oh, yes. You tards always have to mention the racists and Klan used to be Democrats long ago. You have to go WAY back, as if it proves something about modern day Democrats. It just doesn't get more retarded than this. As if those old time Dems would support affirmative action, amnesty for illegals, a weak national defense, and gay rights.

The part you invariably fail to mention is that they were bible-thumping Christian conservatives. White supremacists were right wing Democrats then, and are right wing Republicans today. They hated big government, taxes, and commies. They were very vociferous about states rights and gun rights, and loved Jesus and America, too. You betcha.

2e4hrhs.jpg

We're Republicans now.

Here we go again. Another republicans are the real freedom riders thread. I lost count, I think it's thread number 4,285. And then those ungrateful darkies vote democrat!!! No appreciation.

Oh, yes. You tards always have to mention the racists and Klan used to be Democrats long ago. You have to go WAY back, as if it proves something about modern day Democrats. It just doesn't get more retarded than this. As if those old time Dems would support affirmative action, amnesty for illegals, a weak national defense, and gay rights.

The part you invariably fail to mention is that they were bible-thumping Christian conservatives. White supremacists were right wing Democrats then, and are right wing Republicans today. They hated big government, taxes, and commies. They were very vociferous about states rights and gun rights, and loved Jesus and America, too. You betcha.

2e4hrhs.jpg

We're Republicans now.
Only one party wants to use skin color to determine who gets jobs and university acceptance.

"In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."

Add in Robert Byrd and the Congressional Democrats trying to block the Civil Rights Act, their continued love of segregation and treating people of skin color as inferior children who can't survive without them it's obvious who the racist party is.

Just want to add- as Paul Harvey used to say- the rest of the story.

Democrats proposed what became the 1964 Civil Rights Act- specifically John Kennedy proposed it.
The measure was jointly introduced to Congress by a Democrat and a Republican
After his death, Lyndon Johnson(Democrat) pushed for the passage in Congress.
The majority of Democrats- and the majority of Republicans voted for passage of the Civil Rights Act.
More Democrats than Republicans voted in favor of the Act

Virtually every Southern Democrat- and Republican- fought to prevent passage of the Civil Rights Act.
When the bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964, the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage

After passage in Congress- President Lyndon Johnson signed the bill into law

The 1964 Civil Rights Act was proposed, and passed by Democrats- with Republican assistance. It was also opposed by Democrats- and the lone Southern Republican.

And that.......IS THE REST OF THE STORY.....(Apologies to Paul Harvey)

African Americans, Asian Americans, Latino Americans all are aware of the history of the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and that is the reason why they overwhelmingly vote Democratic.

So Weatherman- one of the key features in the Civil Rights Act was the provision requiring business's to not discriminate against customers based upon race, religion, country of origin- you support requiring business's not to discriminate- correct?

Democrats proposed what became the 1964 Civil Rights Act- specifically John Kennedy proposed it.
The majority of Democrats- and the majority of Republicans voted for passage of the Civil Rights Act.

Virtually every Southern Democrat- and Republican- fought to prevent passage of the Civil Rights Act.
When the bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964, the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage

The 1964 Civil Rights Act was proposed, and passed by Democrats- with Republican assistance. It was also opposed by Democrats- and the lone Southern Republican.

African Americans, Asian Americans, Latino Americans all are aware of the history of the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and that is the reason why they overwhelmingly vote Democratic.

So Weatherman- one of the key features in the Civil Rights Act was the provision requiring business's to not discriminate against customers based upon race, religion, country of origin- you support requiring business's not to discriminate- correct?
Only two groups vote Democrat - those looking for free handouts and those who have money and love controlling people.

Wallace was sworn in as gov of Alabama . Are you saying Alabama is a liberal blue state ?!

Only two groups vote Democrat - those looking for free handouts and those who have money and love controlling people.

Your response has nothing to do with the information provided or question posed.

It also has everything to do with why the GOP can't get minorities to vote for them.

The last generation of people who gave a shit as a whole about the future of their kids and grandkids. Sad indeed.

LOL.....yeah why would African Americans believe that you Republicans are racists.......

Your response has nothing to do with the information provided or question posed.

It also has everything to do with why the GOP can't get minorities to vote for them.

Yeah- I always find it hilarious watching the racists scream that Democrats are the racists.

And then they turn around and say that Blacks and Latinos are just looking for free handouts.

And are baffled by blacks and latinos treat the Republican Party like the KKK.

Wallace was correct though as the passage of time has proven. Integration has led to the dumbing down of America as well as has introduced more violence within the schools.

Here, in Miss, even though the gop was overtly without any racist policy or attempt to continue Jim Crow, they reject the gop's message of self-reliance. I'm the first to say the Big Quack is running on resentment and victimhood of people passed by with economic dislocation, but these folks vote dem to keep the public dole doling.

Yeah- I always find it hilarious watching the racists scream that Democrats are the racists.

And then they turn around and say that Blacks and Latinos are just looking for free handouts.

And are baffled by blacks and latinos treat the Republican Party like the KKK.

Oh hum.

The racists are the conservatives if George Wallace is your example:

From his 1964 4th of July speech:

"I am a conservative.

I intend to give the American people a clear choice. I welcome a fight between our philosophy and the liberal left-wing dogma which now threatens to engulf every man, woman, and child in the United States."

So unless you want to claim you're NOT a conservative, you and George Wallace are one and same.

Speech by George C. Wallace The Civil Rights Movement fraud, sham and hoax 1964 < 1951- < Documents < American History From Revolution To Reconstruction and beyond

Forum List

Back