6/22/24 I saw the Oppenheimer movie. Wild story

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
Most of the actors I have never heard of. Matt Damon was in the movie and so was Emily Blunt.
My story is not about the movie.
I was married to Roseanne. We got divorced around 1989. We have a daughter. Roseanne was a housewife mainly. She really took care of the home and kids. She ended up keeping homes for some of the rich after we divorced. She told me she was keeping up Oppenheimer's home in Pleasanton. We did not talk much about him other than I told her he was a very important physicist. The movie talks about him at Berkeley, CA university of California. And Pleasanton is about midway between the University and the Lawrence Livermore labs where they worked on nuclear energy things. I did not ask to see his home so i am in the dark over that. She was not scientific minded at all so we did not chat about physics. I don't know how long he lived at Pleasanton. Still she was as I see her part of history. She knew the man.

I must correct my own story. Robert Oppenheimer died in 1967. She may may have cleaned his former home but he was then dead. Her story to me was after 1989.

Last edited:
Most of the actors I have never heard of. Matt Damon was in the movie and so was Emily Blunt.
My story is not about the movie.
I was married to Roseanne. We got divorced around 1989. We have a daughter. Roseanne was a housewife mainly. She really took care of the home and kids. She ended up keeping homes for some of the rich after we divorced. She told me she was keeping up Oppenheimer's home in Pleasanton. We did not talk much about him other than I told her he was a very important physicist. The movie talks about him at Berkeley, CA university of California. And Pleasanton is about midway between the University and the Lawrence Livermore labs where they worked on nuclear energy things. I did not ask to see his home so i am in the dark over that. She was not scientific minded at all so we did not chat about physics. I don't know how long he lived at Pleasanton. Still she was as I see her part of history. She knew the man.

I had a chemistry professor in College that was an apprentice at Oak Ridge where they made the fission materials for the bombs.
She was missing a leg due to cancer....I'll give you one guess as to how that happened.
But she was a brilliant Chemistry professor dealing with a class of nursing students and me. (I enjoyed the class on so many levels)

She related to us how chemistry and mathematics were related...and boy howdy did it click for me then.
And then(if you paid attention in class) seen and understood how the periodic tables were deliberately wrong with the elements on the bottom of the table. (She had a "no comment" about it).
Chemistry was kinda fun after that....because all them cute little nursing students needed some tutoring of all sorts...for chemistry you understand....for science. (And any other excuse a college guy could come up with)

I haven't seen Oppenheimer yet....it's a 3 hour commitment that I've been unwilling to make yet. I've seen it advertised a lot....just unsure about committing to watch it.

Forum List

Back