6 April, 2015 International Day of Sport for Development and Peace

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I believe everyone will agree that this is a good thing.

29.png

US Federation For Middle East Peace

International Day of sport for Development and Peace

US Federation for Middle East Peace (USFMEP) and United Federation for Peace and Development yearly celebrate the International sport Day on April, 6. Our main objective is to promote understanding and support amongst UN Member States and other actors for sport as a tool to attain humanitarian, development and peace-building objectives. A special focus is placed on sport's contribution to poverty reduction; universal education; gender equality; prevention of MRSA, HIV and AIDS and other diseases; environmental sustainability; inclusion of persons living with disabilities as well as peace promotion and conflict resolution. Mrs. Sally Kader USFMEP president is working on empowering the Leaders of Tomorrow through Sport for Development and Peace activities.

Click here: New Tab

A noble effort, but they've already politicized it by stating "Our main objective is to promote understanding and support amongst UN Member States and other actors..."

29.png

US Federation for Middle East Peace (USFMEP) and United Federation for Peace and Development yearly celebrate the International sport Day on April, 6. Our main objective is to promote understanding and support amongst UN Member States and other actors for sport as a tool to attain humanitarian, development and peace-building objectives. A special focus is placed on sport's contribution to poverty reduction; universal education; gender equality; prevention of MRSA, HIV and AIDS and other diseases; environmental sustainability; inclusion of persons living with disabilities as well as peace promotion and conflict resolution. Mrs. Sally Kader USFMEP president is working on empowering the Leaders of Tomorrow through Sport for Development and Peace activities.

I don't really think it will accomplish a thing.

In sports, there is always a loser. There is most always an underdog. Sport is the most polarizing of human endeavors. It is humiliating and degrading. Winners VS losers. It's both demeaning an demoralizing.

"Peace" my ass.

29.png

and the palestinians/arabs failed to have Israel banned from the next world cup games.

Forum List

Back