66% of Child Torture Victims "Homeschooled"

They should not be allowed to enroll in college if homeschooled , after all that is school and their parents can teach them all they need to know about life and how to make a living.

Penny are you going to put on your Jackboots and "not allow" them to enroll? Or who is going to do this?

Jackboots, do explain

Well apparently you feel the same as I do: quote from you:
People are dug deeply into the trenches on either side, I can tell you that.

I used to be a vocal proponent of homeschooling. Yes I was, even in the teachers' lounge. The stats don't lie; it almost always works. You know who ruined it for me?

Homeschoolers.

As a whole they are so insular, petty, vindictive and downright nasty toward the public schools that after YEARS I just couldn't take it anymore.

I am talking in my own church. I am talking about my own public schooled children being approached by homeschooled kids are church and told "Ew! How can you go to SCHOOL? Don't you know what they do there?" Over and over and over. And they are not the only public school kids in our church.

So when I hear the nasty about homeschool go on at school now, I shrug and walk away. Sorry. I'm done.

To put it another way, Jackboots:

Imagine I said, well you're a Democrat so you can't go to college

Well you're a Democrat so you don't get benefits.

You would howl down the moon and you would be CORRECT

But you think that's fine when you do it, because you're a Jackboot Totalitarian. Whatever YOU think is CORRECT

You had it with homeschoolers, said so yourself:
:1peleas:

I used to be a vocal proponent of homeschooling. Yes I was, even in the teachers' lounge. The stats don't lie; it almost always works. You know who ruined it for me?

Homeschoolers.

As a whole they are so insular, petty, vindictive and downright nasty toward the public schools that after YEARS I just couldn't take it anymore.

I am talking in my own church. I am talking about my own public schooled children being approached by homeschooled kids are church and told "Ew! How can you go to SCHOOL? Don't you know what they do there?" Over and over and over. And they are not the only public school kids in our church.

So when I hear the nasty about homeschool go on at school now, I shrug and walk away. Sorry. I'm done.
---------------------------------------
and I agree!

They should not be allowed to enroll in college if homeschooled , after all that is school and their parents can teach them all they need to know about life and how to make a living.

Penny are you going to put on your Jackboots and "not allow" them to enroll? Or who is going to do this?

Jackboots, do explain

Homeschoolers.

But you think that's fine when you do it, because you're a Jackboot Totalitarian. Whatever YOU think is CORRECT

Homeschoolers.

Jackboots.

The difference between you and me is what we DO when we're done. When *I* am done, NOTE THIS WELL, I'm simply stop defending them to my colleagues.

***Take a minute and let that sink in. NO REALLY**

When YOU are done, you want homeschoolers to:

1. Have no access to gov't programs that THEIR TAXES PAY FOR and

2. Have no access to PUBLIC universities

I am a level-headed American

YOU are a Jackbooted totalitarian.

The difference between us is not the way we FEEL Jackboots, it's the impulse in what we DO with those feelings.

Maybe you're too far gone but this is for anyone else teetering on the edge.

Jackboots, do explain

Homeschoolers.

Homeschoolers.

Jackboots.

The difference between you and me is what we DO when we're done. When *I* am done, NOTE THIS WELL, I'm simply stop defending them to my colleagues.

The difference between us is not the way we FEEL Jackboots, it's the impulse in what we DO with those feelings.

the only reason the case in your OP was found out, is one was able to escape and go to the police.

Jackboots, do explain

Homeschoolers.

Homeschoolers.

---------------------------------------
and I agree!

OH and I forgot you wanted homeschoolers to carry "papers" around with them for some reason, I think for vaccines.

For the board at large, that's why I dubbed Penny "Jackboots" and will henceforth call her "Jackboots" from now on. These people are not only completely intolerant, they are full on Jackbooted Totalitarians. Their way OR THE HIGHWAY.

Or papers.

Or no benefits.

And no college.

Read Jackboots' posts, you'll see

Jackboots, do explain

Homeschoolers.

Homeschoolers.

Jackboots.

the only reason the case in your OP was found out, is one was able to escape and go to the police.

Still no reason in the world for homeschoolers to have no access to public benefits, public university and have to carry papers like in NAZI GERMANY

JACKBOOTS

Homeschoolers.

Jackboots.

Still no reason in the world for homeschoolers to have no access to public benefits, public university and have to carry papers like in NAZI GERMANY

JACKBOOTS

You don't want to vaccinate your kids, stay home. Everyone stays home, get your groceries delivered.

Homeschoolers.

Jackboots.

JACKBOOTS

You don't want to vaccinate your kids, stay home. Everyone stays home, get your groceries delivered.

Penny, I almost feel sorry for you. Really. You don't know how embarrassing you are for liberals, do you?

Let me give you a tip.

You're not REALLY supposed to reveal that most of you are Jackbooted totalitarians, see. The front is "Tolerance and inclusion".

You used to be useful but you're too thick-headed lately. Better watch out. Your peers gonna turn on you.

Homeschoolers.

Jackboots.

JACKBOOTS

Public schools are not good enough, nor is Public aid.

Homeschoolers.

Jackboots.

JACKBOOTS

Penny, I almost feel sorry for you. Really. You don't know how embarrassing you are for liberals, do you?

Let me give you a tip.

You're not REALLY supposed to reveal that most of you are Jackbooted totalitarians, see. The front is "Tolerance and inclusion".

You used to be useful but you're too thick-headed lately. Better watch out. Your peers gonna turn on you.

Read your words, and I am only agreeing with you.

And how many children is that exactly?

Percentages are meaningless without the total number on which they are based

The vast majority of parents who homeschool do not torture their kids

Of course this is true.

But it is also true that the small number of parents who are vicious psychopaths will pull their kids out of public schools so they can torture them.

And btw, no one who wants to bash the public schools here says anything like "the vast number of teachers in public schools are not child abusers", which is also quite true, but doesn't stop them from wanting to "abolish the public schools" and other mouth-breathing, hyperbolic overstatements.
We've always known that in Child Protective circles. Neglect, physical and sexual abuse, etc. "Torturers" are extremely rare, but where it's easy, parents who are too lazy to care for their kids or who beat them or screw them will pull them from school after the first mandated report. Those kinds of parents aren't rare at all, although they are probably only a small percentage of homeschool parents, overall Anything can be abused, and homeschooling is no different.

I don't agree with the government poking its nose into people's homes, though, Sue. I've seen too much of that bureaucratic rule making that won't approve a family to adopt because their bedroom window is 6 inches too small. Parents who wish to homeschool shouldn't be burdened with that kind of folderol. "The State" doesn't need to be knocking on their door just because they want to teach their children themselves. I do agree with periodic mandatory testing for all these homeschooled children, though, showing that they are somewhere close to grade level with their peers. If not, the child should be in school.

Neighbors, relatives and doctors/other healthcare providers are going to have to be the ones to blow the whistle on the abusers.
That's my opinion.
And how many children is that exactly?

Percentages are meaningless without the total number on which they are based

The vast majority of parents who homeschool do not torture their kids

Of course this is true.

But it is also true that the small number of parents who are vicious psychopaths will pull their kids out of public schools so they can torture them.

And btw, no one who wants to bash the public schools here says anything like "the vast number of teachers in public schools are not child abusers", which is also quite true, but doesn't stop them from wanting to "abolish the public schools" and other mouth-breathing, hyperbolic overstatements.
We've always known that in Child Protective circles. Neglect, physical and sexual abuse, etc. "Torturers" are extremely rare, but where it's easy, parents who are too lazy to care for their kids or who beat them or screw them will pull them from school after the first mandated report. Those kinds of parents aren't rare at all, although they are probably only a small percentage of homeschool parents, overall Anything can be abused, and homeschooling is no different.

I don't agree with the government poking its nose into people's homes, though, Sue. I've seen too much of that bureaucratic rule making that won't approve a family to adopt because their bedroom window is 6 inches too small. Parents who wish to homeschool shouldn't be burdened with that kind of folderol. "The State" doesn't need to be knocking on their door just because they want to teach their children themselves. I do agree with periodic mandatory testing for all these homeschooled children, though, showing that they are somewhere close to grade level with their peers. If not, the child should be in school.

Neighbors, relatives and doctors/other healthcare providers are going to have to be the ones to blow the whistle on the abusers.
That's my opinion.

They always want to force laws, rather than relying on the public sector.
It should be a balance of Gov. working with public.
Government is not the answer to all things, big government supporters.

And of course they are. If you had designs to torture, starve, beat and neglect your children, why in the world would you daily send them to a place of mandatory reporters?

You wouldn't. You would either withdraw or never enroll them. Which is exactly what the study below found.

This is a serious and growing problem in the homeschooling community which, true to form, homeschoolers are not addressing except to fight oversight. This WILL have a negative effect not only on the perception of homeschooling but also on their success rate over time.

Particularly severe abuse cases that involve school-age children also tend to involve homeschooling. In a 2014 study of child torture, Barbara Knox, a pediatrician at the University of Wisconsin, found that 47% of school-age victims had been withdrawn from school for homeschooling and an additional 29% had never been enrolled.

The Turpin child abuse story fits a widespread and disturbing homeschooling pattern
Thank you for this thread....it IS a concern. We had neighbors (renters) once who homeschooled their children and clearly neglected them...they were like wild animals, dirty clothes, hair, no supervision...was out in my backyard one day and looked up and the two girls had their baby brother up on the window, the only thing keeping him from falling from the 2nd floor to the concrete below was a window screen. I had to yell to them to get their brother out of the window.....no mom in sight. It was sad, very sad.

Homeschoolers.

Jackboots.

JACKBOOTS

Public schools are not good enough, nor is Public aid.

Jackboots. Like I said.

And of course they are. If you had designs to torture, starve, beat and neglect your children, why in the world would you daily send them to a place of mandatory reporters?

You wouldn't. You would either withdraw or never enroll them. Which is exactly what the study below found.

This is a serious and growing problem in the homeschooling community which, true to form, homeschoolers are not addressing except to fight oversight. This WILL have a negative effect not only on the perception of homeschooling but also on their success rate over time.

Particularly severe abuse cases that involve school-age children also tend to involve homeschooling. In a 2014 study of child torture, Barbara Knox, a pediatrician at the University of Wisconsin, found that 47% of school-age victims had been withdrawn from school for homeschooling and an additional 29% had never been enrolled.

The Turpin child abuse story fits a widespread and disturbing homeschooling pattern
Conservatives are big on homeschooling.

giphy.gif
Take the blinders off and look at the correlation.
Be intelligent enough to know that correlation does not equal causation
Are as many non homeschooled kids tortured by their parents?
Well, we are supposed to have teachers, administrators, coaches, etc. as mandatory reporters.....In fact, I believe there are criminal consequences if a mandatory reporter does NOT report abuse. Can our teachers confirm or correct me on that?

Conservatives are big on homeschooling.

giphy.gif
Take the blinders off and look at the correlation.
Be intelligent enough to know that correlation does not equal causation
Are as many non homeschooled kids tortured by their parents?
Well, we are supposed to have teachers, administrators, coaches, etc. as mandatory reporters.....In fact, I believe there are criminal consequences if a mandatory reporter does NOT report abuse. Can our teachers confirm or correct me on that?

Civil and criminal. It's a misdemeanor in my state.

I wouldn't be bragging about schools that are max security...using prison technology

If we keep our prisons that safe for criminals why shouldn't we keep our children that safe?
Are prisons safe for criminals? Don't they have fights and stabbings and so on all the time?

You will find in this thread that I said homeschoolers should NOT be subject to tests on "Christian subjects" because not all homeschoolers are Christians.

So not Sharia Law, then.

Forum List

Back