Zone1 Children Who Report Memories of Past Lives

Hector12

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2023
University of Virginia, School of Medicine

Some young children, usually between the ages of 2 and 5, speak about memories of a previous life they claim to have lived. At the same time they often show behaviors, such as phobias or preferences, that are unusual within the context of their particular family and cannot be explained by any current life events.

In many cases, the child’s statements correspond accurately to the life and death of a deceased individual. Some children have birthmarks or birth defects congruent with wounds or marks on the deceased person, using postmortem reports to confirm. Older children may retain these apparent memories, but they generally seem to fade around the age of seven.

The subjects of these cases have been found all over the world, including Europe and North America. For the past 20 years, Dr. Jim Tucker has focused mainly on cases found in the United States. Some cases offer more compelling evidence than others for past-life memories. Two thought-provoking cases:

• James Leininger – memories of being a WWII pilot and getting shot down
  • Ryan Hammons – memories of being a Hollywood extra and talent agent
  • Statements a Child Might Make​

The following list is designed to give an idea of what a parent or caregiver might hear from a child reporting memories of a previous life. This list is not meant to be exhaustive as these statements can be quite varied.
  • List of Statement Examples

• “You’re not my mommy/daddy.”
    • “I have another mommy/daddy.”
    • “When I was big, I … (used to have blue eyes, have a car, worked downtown, etc.).”
    • “That happened before I was in mommy’s tummy.”
    • “I have a wife/husband/children.”
    • “I used to … (drive a truck/live in another town, etc.)”
    • “I died … (in a car accident/after I fell, etc.)”
    • “Remember when I … (lived in that other house, was your daddy, etc.)”

In Western culture, these type of statements often get dismissed as fantasy even though they might contain something other than pure imagination. It is probably best not to repeatedly question the child, nor try to prevent them from speaking about these topics.
  • Children Who Report Memories of Past Lives - Division of Perceptual Studies

As a Christian I am theologically committed to believing in Heaven.

For now, Heaven can wait.

For my next life after death I would like to be reincarnated with an intuitive understanding of the knowledge I have acquired by analyzing my mistakes in this life.

BOTH of my sisters girls spoke of their "past lives" when they were around 3 or so. One of them talked to her mom about throwing a roach into the fire, like her other mom used to do. She talked about her other dad being a civil war soldier. This child was 3. She knew nothing about what war was, much less a soldier or the civil war. She had a lot of detail that was spooky as hell.

University of Virginia, School of Medicine

Some young children, usually between the ages of 2 and 5, speak about memories of a previous life they claim to have lived. At the same time they often show behaviors, such as phobias or preferences, that are unusual within the context of their particular family and cannot be explained by any current life events.

In many cases, the child’s statements correspond accurately to the life and death of a deceased individual. Some children have birthmarks or birth defects congruent with wounds or marks on the deceased person, using postmortem reports to confirm. Older children may retain these apparent memories, but they generally seem to fade around the age of seven.

The subjects of these cases have been found all over the world, including Europe and North America. For the past 20 years, Dr. Jim Tucker has focused mainly on cases found in the United States. Some cases offer more compelling evidence than others for past-life memories. Two thought-provoking cases:

• James Leininger – memories of being a WWII pilot and getting shot down
  • Ryan Hammons – memories of being a Hollywood extra and talent agent

• Statements a Child Might Make​

The following list is designed to give an idea of what a parent or caregiver might hear from a child reporting memories of a previous life. This list is not meant to be exhaustive as these statements can be quite varied.

• List of Statement Examples

• “You’re not my mommy/daddy.”
    • “I have another mommy/daddy.”
    • “When I was big, I … (used to have blue eyes, have a car, worked downtown, etc.).”
    • “That happened before I was in mommy’s tummy.”
    • “I have a wife/husband/children.”
    • “I used to … (drive a truck/live in another town, etc.)”
    • “I died … (in a car accident/after I fell, etc.)”
    • “Remember when I … (lived in that other house, was your daddy, etc.)”

In Western culture, these type of statements often get dismissed as fantasy even though they might contain something other than pure imagination. It is probably best not to repeatedly question the child, nor try to prevent them from speaking about these topics.

• Children Who Report Memories of Past Lives - Division of Perceptual Studies
Or. They are influenced by stuff the see on TV and mass media.

Oh really?

Look to science and mental health professionals for an explanation before turning to the supernatural. Have Christians learned nothing since their pseudo-science failure of their 'ID' fake news?

In Western culture, these type of statements often get dismissed as fantasy even though they might contain something other than pure imagination.
Do you know if they pursued another theory that it may be ancestral memories, not an indication of a life they, themselves, lived?

Oh really?

Look to science and mental health professionals for an explanation before turning to the supernatural. Have Christians learned nothing since their pseudo-science failure of their 'ID' fake news?

I've always found that people who claim past lives almost always imagine lives more interesting than the ones they are living now.

Or. They are influenced by stuff the see on TV and mass media.

That's a plausible explanation, but there are documented cases going back before these medias even existed. Shanti Devi is a fairly well known case. She was born in the 1920s in India and began claiming, at the age of four, to have memories of a prior life. Her stories were so exquisite in detail that people started looking into her claims and were able to validate them. She even referred to people of her alleged former family by name who were still living in a town a hundred miles away. She was so accurate and consistent and even Ghandi went to interview her personally and he walked away convinced she was telling the truth. She ultimately died (again) in the 1980s and never wavered from her stories.

I've always found that people who claim past lives almost always imagine lives more interesting than the ones they are living now.
Quite true!l When's the last time we heard a kid claiming he was lynched by the Klan?

Nobody should spend much time on this goofy supernatural nonsense.

Mental health professionals have it on this one.

That's a plausible explanation, but there are documented cases going back before these medias even existed. Shanti Devi is a fairly well known case. She was born in the 1920s in India and began claiming, at the age of four, to have memories of a prior life. Her stories were so exquisite in detail that people started looking into her claims and were able to validate them. She even referred to people of her alleged former family by name who were still living in a town a hundred miles away. She was so accurate and consistent and even Ghandi went to interview her personally and he walked away convinced she was telling the truth. She ultimately died (again) in the 1980s and never wavered from her stories.
So, someone living in a culture emphasizing reincarnation believed she had a past life?

Why wouldn't she?

The problem with all these stories is verifying that things occurred exactly as described by credulous witnesses. Far as I can see there isn’t a shred of independently verifiable evidence here. And there is so much room for mistake and falsification in testimonial evidence, especially given the cultural context in which reincarnation was considered true (and in which someone like Gandhi could very much have desired to prove his native religion true), that it doesn’t rise to anywhere close to the ‘extraordinary evidence’ required to confirm an extraordinary claim.

So, someone living in a culture emphasizing reincarnation believed she had a past life?

Why wouldn't she?

The problem with all these stories is verifying that things occurred exactly as described by credulous witnesses. Far as I can see there isn’t a shred of independently verifiable evidence here. And there is so much room for mistake and falsification in testimonial evidence, especially given the cultural context in which reincarnation was considered true (and in which someone like Gandhi could very much have desired to prove his native religion true), that it doesn’t rise to anywhere close to the ‘extraordinary evidence’ required to confirm an extraordinary claim.

I'm not saying I believe or don't believe and there will always be skeptics to people's claims, as there should be, because skeptics can keep people honest. When you consider, however, the amount of detail a child of that age had of things she couldn't have possibly known, especially with the lack of technology we have today, I don't think it's simple as dismissing it as nonsense. If it was a hoax, it was one of the most elaborate played of her time period. It's hard enough for an adult to pull off something like that without eventually slipping up. How do you get a small child to do it and be consistent over the next 60 years? She's just one case study. There are a lot of more.

We know so very little about this universe and what makes us alive or conscious. Unexplainable and/or incredible events have gone on all over this world for thousands of years that we still can't come up with answers to with conventional science. Primitive cultures all over the world talk of accounts of people from the sky, despite none of these cultures knowing the others existed at that time to share these stories with. I think a lot more is going on than we realize.

Just one area where Cult Christians are so misguided and apparently blind .

The Deniers will doubtless continue to slumber

Stories of reincarnation are only interesting if the child identifies the person he used to be, if it turns out that that person really did live, and if the child knows details about the person he could not have learned from any other source.

I think that some of these stories are plausible enough to merit more investigation, and that others are not.

The thought that Adolf Hitler was born again as another Jew hater like JoeB131 does not appeal to me. I would rather think that Hitler is sharing a cell in Hell with Stalin.

Stories of reincarnation are only interesting if the child identifies the person he used to be, if it turns out that that person really did live, and if the child knows details about the person he could not have learned from any other source.

I think that some of these stories are plausible enough to merit more investigation, and that others are not.

The thought that Adolf Hitler was born again as another Jew hater like JoeB131 does not appeal to me. I would rather think that Hitler is sharing a cell in Hell with Stalin.
There's no more truth is the claims of children than there is proof of the god. Each and every claim has been discredited in both cases.

I don’t have a single memory of having had any prior life.

And when I croak (this time) I doubt that my future self (if there is one) will recall anything of this life.

But if I have lived a human life in the past at any time (or times), I wouldn’t mind learning a snippet or two about such lifetimes.

There's no more truth is the claims of children than there is proof of the god. Each and every claim has been discredited in both cases.

Why make up things?

There are lots of cases of kids having perfect past life memories , somtimes up to the age of 5/6.
Checked in detail and with impeccable provenance

This offends Cult Christians but Christianity is such a basic religious fairy tale and of little spiritual value .

Do some research rather than trotting out assertions that suit your state of Cognitive Rigidity .

I don’t have a single memory of having had any prior life.

And when I croak (this time) I doubt that my future self (if there is one) will recall anything of this life.

But if I have lived a human life in the past at any time (or times), I wouldn’t mind learning a snippet or two about such lifetimes.

Past Life Regression Hypnosis works for a good percentage of people .
Michael Newton was a special pioneer in this area and related ones . Several books . See Amazon .

Past Life Regression Hypnosis works for a good percentage of people .
Michael Newton was a special pioneer in this area and related ones . Several books . See Amazon .
I'm sorry but this isn't even worthy of caring about. If you so wish, then state an example that has made the news.

Soul Survivor: The Reincarnation of a World War II Fighter Pilot Kindle Edition​

by Andrea Leininger (Author), Bruce Leininger (Author), & 2 more Format: Kindle Edition
3.8 on Goodreads 1,807 ratings | 661 Want to Read

See all formats and editions

This is the story of James Leininger, who-- a little more than two weeks after his second birthday-- began having blood-curdling nightmares that just would not stop. When James began screaming out recurring phrases like, "Plane on fire! Little man can't get out!" the Leiningers finally admitted that they truly had to take notice.

When details of planes and war tragedies no two-year-old boy could know continued-- even in stark daylight-- Bruce and Andrea Leininger began to realize that this was an incredible situation. Soul Survivor is the story of how the Leiningers pieced together what their son was communicating and eventually discovered that he was reliving the past life of World War II fighter pilot James Huston. As Bruce Leininger struggled to understand what was happening to his son, he also uncovered details of James Huston's life-- and death-- as a pilot that will fascinate military buffs everywhere.

In Soul Survivor, we are taken for a gripping ride as the Leiningers' belief system is shaken to the core, and both of these families come to know a little boy who, against all odds and even in the face of true skeptics, harbors the soul of this man who died long ago.

Amazon product

Forum List

Back