66% of Child Torture Victims "Homeschooled"

Since they really don't visit homes of homes of homeschooling and small daycares (6 or less), I am against them all. Put your child into a decent daycare, a larger one not a 6 child one, and no one should homeschool their kids.
I am pro public schools , that is why we pay taxes. The gov. should not fund parochial schools nor private schools and states should not either.
Michigan court approves public funding for private school mandates

The State does not own your children Penny

Well then, keep them at home or carry vaccinations card for each child when out in the public. No federal assistance either, like Chip, food stamps, or Hud, unless you put them in public schools. Every child should be accounted for everyday.
Accounted for by whom? Unintelligent, mentally unstable, evil, authoritarian, pieces of shit like you?

This is why I have dubbed her Jackboots

And of course they are. If you had designs to torture, starve, beat and neglect your children, why in the world would you daily send them to a place of mandatory reporters?

You wouldn't. You would either withdraw or never enroll them. Which is exactly what the study below found.

This is a serious and growing problem in the homeschooling community which, true to form, homeschoolers are not addressing except to fight oversight. This WILL have a negative effect not only on the perception of homeschooling but also on their success rate over time.

Particularly severe abuse cases that involve school-age children also tend to involve homeschooling. In a 2014 study of child torture, Barbara Knox, a pediatrician at the University of Wisconsin, found that 47% of school-age victims had been withdrawn from school for homeschooling and an additional 29% had never been enrolled.

The Turpin child abuse story fits a widespread and disturbing homeschooling pattern

This should be easily addressed, by requiring all home schooled children to pass a yearly exam standard in basic subjects and Christian religious studies. An abused child would naturally fail all these. Then they can revoke their home schooling privileges.

Why should homeschooled children be required to pass a Christian religious studies class? What if they're not Christian?

Since they really don't visit homes of homes of homeschooling and small daycares (6 or less), I am against them all. Put your child into a decent daycare, a larger one not a 6 child one, and no one should homeschool their kids.
I am pro public schools , that is why we pay taxes. The gov. should not fund parochial schools nor private schools and states should not either.

Well then, keep them at home or carry vaccinations card for each child when out in the public. No federal assistance either, like Chip, food stamps, or Hud, unless you put them in public schools. Every child should be accounted for everyday.
Accounted for by whom? Unintelligent, mentally unstable, evil, authoritarian, pieces of shit like you?

You say your are a public school teacher, do you take roll call everyday???

And of course they are. If you had designs to torture, starve, beat and neglect your children, why in the world would you daily send them to a place of mandatory reporters?

You wouldn't. You would either withdraw or never enroll them. Which is exactly what the study below found.

This is a serious and growing problem in the homeschooling community which, true to form, homeschoolers are not addressing except to fight oversight. This WILL have a negative effect not only on the perception of homeschooling but also on their success rate over time.

Particularly severe abuse cases that involve school-age children also tend to involve homeschooling. In a 2014 study of child torture, Barbara Knox, a pediatrician at the University of Wisconsin, found that 47% of school-age victims had been withdrawn from school for homeschooling and an additional 29% had never been enrolled.

The Turpin child abuse story fits a widespread and disturbing homeschooling pattern

This should be easily addressed, by requiring all home schooled children to pass a yearly exam standard in basic subjects and Christian religious studies. An abused child would naturally fail all these. Then they can revoke their home schooling privileges.

Why should homeschooled children be required to pass a Christian religious studies class? What if they're not Christian?

Because most homeschooled children are religious zealots and religious zealots think Christianity is the only religion, and their kids think it is as well.

Yes Jackboots, but not so the gov't can keep track of what parents are doing with THEIR OWN CHILDREN.

Because most homeschooled children are religious zealots and religious zealots think Christianity is the only religion, and their kids think it is as well.

Jackboots whenever I want to know what anyone thinks about anything, you will be the LAST person I ever consult.

Well....except totalitarians. Then I'll consult you. Look up "totalitarian" if you don't know

Yes Jackboots, but not so the gov't can keep track of what parents are doing with THEIR OWN CHILDREN.

So you take rollcall. What do you do if a child is absent?? for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days or more??

Jackboots whenever I want to know what anyone thinks about anything, you will be the LAST person I ever consult.

Well....except totalitarians. Then I'll consult you. Look up "totalitarian" if you don't know

Hard to get a straight answer from you.

So you take rollcall. What do you do if a child is absent?? for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days or more??

Jackboots, I know you think you've got me, because to be honest, you're not always very quick on the uptake. But let me tell you something. Any parent can dodge the truancy officer by simply claiming homeschooling--and this is how it should be.

Because The State does not own the children. I repeat. The State does not own the children. Much to your despair, Jackboots, you cannot deny children gov't benefits because they're not vaccinated, they don't go to public schools or whatever.

Read this, Penny: you wanted to deny children BENEFITS because you don't like what their parents do. Imagine if evangelicals wanted to actually deny ANY American children BENEFITS because of who they are. You would find that loathsome, and you would be right.

But you're a totalitarian, and you're small-minded, so you think your jackboots fit just right. Honestly your small mind makes me sick. Jackboots.

Jackboots, I know you think you've got me, because to be honest, you're not always very quick on the uptake. But let me tell you something. Any parent can dodge the truancy officer by simply claiming homeschooling--and this is how it should be.

Because The State does not own the children. I repeat. The State does not own the children. Much to your despair, Jackboots, you cannot deny children gov't benefits because they're not vaccinated, they don't go to public schools or whatever.

Read this, Penny: you wanted to deny children BENEFITS because you don't like what their parents do. Imagine if evangelicals wanted to actually deny ANY American children BENEFITS because of who they are. You would find that loathsome, and you would be right.

But you're a totalitarian, and you're small-minded, so you think your jackboots fit just right. Honestly your small mind makes me sick. Jackboots.

What is the protocol for a child who is absent?? You dodge questions.

What is the protocol for a child who is absent?? You dodge questions.

Eventually we turn them in to the truant officer. Yes, they are marked truant, because The State needs to make sure every child is educated. Then the parents can just claim homeschooling and the entire thing is over, Jackboots.

Happy now? Oh wait, no you're not, because you would want to follow those families around and demand their papers and deny them BENEFITS for dodging YOUR SYSTEM.

That's sick. Jackboots

They should not be allowed to enroll in college if homeschooled , after all that is school and their parents can teach them all they need to know about life and how to make a living.

They should not be allowed to enroll in college if homeschooled , after all that is school and their parents can teach them all they need to know about life and how to make a living.

WHO should "not allow them", and how, Penny? Explain.

Penny are you going to put on your Jackboots and "not allow" them to enroll? Or who is going to do this?

Jackboots, do explain

Penny are you going to put on your Jackboots and "not allow" them to enroll? Or who is going to do this?

Jackboots, do explain

Well apparently you feel the same as I do: quote from you:
People are dug deeply into the trenches on either side, I can tell you that.

I used to be a vocal proponent of homeschooling. Yes I was, even in the teachers' lounge. The stats don't lie; it almost always works. You know who ruined it for me?

Homeschoolers.

As a whole they are so insular, petty, vindictive and downright nasty toward the public schools that after YEARS I just couldn't take it anymore.

I am talking in my own church. I am talking about my own public schooled children being approached by homeschooled kids are church and told "Ew! How can you go to SCHOOL? Don't you know what they do there?" Over and over and over. And they are not the only public school kids in our church.

So when I hear the nasty about homeschool go on at school now, I shrug and walk away. Sorry. I'm done.

Jackboots, do explain

I used to be a vocal proponent of homeschooling. Yes I was, even in the teachers' lounge. The stats don't lie; it almost always works. You know who ruined it for me?

Homeschoolers.

As a whole they are so insular, petty, vindictive and downright nasty toward the public schools that after YEARS I just couldn't take it anymore.

I am talking in my own church. I am talking about my own public schooled children being approached by homeschooled kids are church and told "Ew! How can you go to SCHOOL? Don't you know what they do there?" Over and over and over. And they are not the only public school kids in our church.

So when I hear the nasty about homeschool go on at school now, I shrug and walk away. Sorry. I'm done.

No Jackboots. "Not defending" homeschooling is a long, long, LONG way from telling people they CANNOT GO TO COLLEGE if they homeschool or CANNOT GET GOV'T BENEFITS if they do.

I don't like something but I recognize people's right to do it.

You don't like something and you want to strip them of rights. You don't like evangelicals because you imagine they are like the VERY WAY YOU ARE, Jackboots.

But you're ignorant, so I don't guess you'll get it

Jackboots, do explain

Homeschoolers.

To put it another way, Jackboots:

Imagine I said, well you're a Democrat so you can't go to college

Well you're a Democrat so you don't get benefits.

You would howl down the moon and you would be CORRECT

But you think that's fine when you do it, because you're a Jackboot Totalitarian. Whatever YOU think is CORRECT

America is such a violent country that I might have gone the homeschooling route. The schools are not safe places to learn and there doesnt seem to be a plan to make them safe.
But generally kids belong in school where they can have a normal childhood.

America is such a violent country that I might have gone the homeschooling route. The schools are not safe places to learn and there doesnt seem to be a plan to make them safe.
But generally kids belong in school where they can have a normal childhood.

You haven't a darn clue what you're talking about, as usual.

In our schools in my district, all doors are locked. You have to be buzzed in to be let in, and then you gain entrance only to the front office. . You must talk to a secretary, and then and only then, they buzz you into the building where the children are.

So please.

Forum List

Back