6th Circuit Federal Appeals Court Gives Thumb's Up to States' Choice on Gay Marriage

Should the definition of marriage be up to the states?

• Yes

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
What?
That made no sense, even for you.
Oh, it makes perfect sense. No one has said anything about 'homosexuals being prosecuted for engaging in whatever ceremony they want'. You're refuting an argument that hasn't been made. That's a strawman, an obtuse fallacy of logic.

If your claims had merit, you wouldn't need such fallacies. Yet you routinely embrace them.

Fags were unable to persuade the voting public of their cause so they took to the courts, dressed themselves up as black civil rights workers c.1965, and pretended to assume the mantel of black struggles.

Ah, but the public does support gay marriage by between 12 to 19 points. And the advocacy of gays for their right to same sex marriage preceded the public's support....just as the advocacy of interracial marriage by both whites and blacks preceded public support for it. In the case of the latter, by about 30 years.

Rights aren't dependent on public support. The public doesn't have the right to vote away fundamental rights. And marriage is a fundamental right.
But gays are not blacks. The parameters of the struggle are quite different. And a sober discussion reveals that the state has no compelling interest in sanctioning gay marriage. Esp since gay marriages probably fail in greater percentages than real marriages.

The State has the same compelling interest in sanctioning gay marriage as it does sanctioning the marriages of the infertile or the childless. There's clearly a basis of marriage that has nothing to do with procreation, children or the ability to have them. But partnership between two adults. And there's no valid reason to deny gays access to this valid basis of marriage.

The State lacks a state interest in denying gays their right to marry whom they will. Denying them doesn't serve even a rational reason either. It simply is......because it has been. And that's insufficient to deny someone a fundamental right. Which is why gay marriage is now legal in 32 of 50 states.

As for gay marriages, they are real marriage. Your baseless speculation about their rate of failure is meaningless conjecture backed by nothing. And worth even less.
You wrote gays were not allowed to marry. That is false. I did not put forth a strawman argument at all. I put forth an argument that refuted your assertion.
Gays are not denied a fundamental right. They have exactly the same right that straight people have. And many gays have marriage licenses.
Gay marriage is not real marriage. It is play marriage. It is make-believe marriage. It is "gee we want to be just like real couples" marriage. But pretend is no basis for laws.

All marriage is real marriage. Any couple with a marriage license is really married. Those without aren't.
That's easily proven false. All you arguments have been proven false, but that won't stop you from using them over and over and over again.

Exactly- it is just marriage- now more equal than before.

Marriage is about children first, adults second. How is gay marriage "more equal" for children?

If marriage was about children first- then you would be insisting on 'gay marriage' so that their children would have the benefits of marriage.

But marriage is not about children first- and you knew that.
Gay couples dont have children. Yet another example of gays playing "dress up".

Well that argument is going to sit very well with Chief Justice Kennedy......

During Tuesday's Supreme Court arguments over the constitutionality of Proposition 8, Justice Anthony Kennedy--who is widely considered the swing vote in the case--suggested that California's gay marriage ban causes "immediate legal injury" to children of same-sex parents.

"There is an immediate legal injury and that's the voice of these children," he said. "There's some 40,000 children in California, according to the Red Brief, that live with same-sex parents, and they want their parents to have full recognition and full status. The voice of those children is important in this case, don't you think?"

There is a striking aspect to Kennedy's surprisingly passionate opinion: He focuses directly on the children of same-sex couples. DOMA, he writes, "humiliates tens of thousands of children now being raised by same-sex couples. The law in question makes it even more difficult for the children to understand the integrity and closeness of their own family and its concord with other families in their community and in their daily lives."
Irrelevant. Not even an appeal to authority
Fail

Which is another reason not to allow the oxymoron called "gay marriage."

That is absurd. There is no such thing as "more equal." Something is eiterh equal or it isnt.

No its not absurd.

In 1840, in most of the United States only white men could vote.
In 1870, African American men were also given the legal right to vote.....but not women.
Voting was then 'more equal' than it was before.
And in 1919, women were given the right to vote- making voting even 'more equal'- but only if you were 21 or older.

Yes- voting- and marriage- can be more equal than before.

What makes you think I approve of giving everyone the vote?

I am fairly certain you don't believe anyone should have the vote. Maybe a small circle of people who you think think the way you do. But I suspect you are most comfortable with a Putin like figure that tells everyone what they should do.
Red herring/ad hom fallacies.
Rabbi Rules!

Oh, it makes perfect sense. No one has said anything about 'homosexuals being prosecuted for engaging in whatever ceremony they want'. You're refuting an argument that hasn't been made. That's a strawman, an obtuse fallacy of logic.

If your claims had merit, you wouldn't need such fallacies. Yet you routinely embrace them.

Ah, but the public does support gay marriage by between 12 to 19 points. And the advocacy of gays for their right to same sex marriage preceded the public's support....just as the advocacy of interracial marriage by both whites and blacks preceded public support for it. In the case of the latter, by about 30 years.

Rights aren't dependent on public support. The public doesn't have the right to vote away fundamental rights. And marriage is a fundamental right.
The State has the same compelling interest in sanctioning gay marriage as it does sanctioning the marriages of the infertile or the childless. There's clearly a basis of marriage that has nothing to do with procreation, children or the ability to have them. But partnership between two adults. And there's no valid reason to deny gays access to this valid basis of marriage.

The State lacks a state interest in denying gays their right to marry whom they will. Denying them doesn't serve even a rational reason either. It simply is......because it has been. And that's insufficient to deny someone a fundamental right. Which is why gay marriage is now legal in 32 of 50 states.

As for gay marriages, they are real marriage. Your baseless speculation about their rate of failure is meaningless conjecture backed by nothing. And worth even less.
You wrote gays were not allowed to marry. That is false. I did not put forth a strawman argument at all. I put forth an argument that refuted your assertion.
Gays are not denied a fundamental right. They have exactly the same right that straight people have. And many gays have marriage licenses.
Gay marriage is not real marriage. It is play marriage. It is make-believe marriage. It is "gee we want to be just like real couples" marriage. But pretend is no basis for laws.

All marriage is real marriage. Any couple with a marriage license is really married. Those without aren't.

When the government turns a marriage license into a sham, it's meaningless.

Well then you just refuse to get a marriage license.

Show the government who is the boss!

How would that make your homo marriage legitimate?

LOL....I have been married- i.e. I have had a marriage certificate for over 20 years. I have a real marriage.

You are the one calling marriage licenses a sham- and I strongly encourage you to boycott them- not that that will likely be an issue for you.

Marriage is about children first, adults second. How is gay marriage "more equal" for children?

If marriage was about children first- then you would be insisting on 'gay marriage' so that their children would have the benefits of marriage.

Gay couples don't have children, so that argument is a non sequitur.

Are you that ignorant- or stupid- or just lying?

From the Supreme Court oral arguments on Prop 8:

During Tuesday's Supreme Court arguments over the constitutionality of Proposition 8, Justice Anthony Kennedy--who is widely considered the swing vote in the case--suggested that California's gay marriage ban causes "immediate legal injury" to children of same-sex parents.

"There is an immediate legal injury and that's the voice of these children," he said. "There's some 40,000 children in California, according to the Red Brief, that live with same-sex parents, and they want their parents to have full recognition and full status. The voice of those children is important in this case, don't you think?"
Apparently you are ignorant, stupid or lying. The gay "couples" did not have those children. They do not share genes.

Gay couples dont have children. Yet another example of gays playing "dress up".

Well that argument is going to sit very well with Chief Justice Kennedy......

There is a striking aspect to Kennedy's surprisingly passionate opinion: He focuses directly on the children of same-sex couples. DOMA, he writes, "humiliates tens of thousands of children now being raised by same-sex couples. The law in question makes it even more difficult for the children to understand the integrity and closeness of their own family and its concord with other families in their community and in their daily lives."
Irrelevant. Not even an appeal to authority
Fail

Irrelevant to you.

But Justice Kennedy is going to be one of the few 'swing' votes on the court. IF the homophobes can't convince Kennedy of their argument that the children of homosexuals deserve to be discriminated against, you are going to lose when the Supreme Court issues its rulings.

However- you can continue to stomp your feet and hold your breath- and tell us that is irrelevant.....while gay couples get married, and their children have legally married parents.

LOL....I have been married- i.e. I have had a marriage certificate for over 20 years. I have a real marriage.

You are the one calling marriage licenses a sham- and I strongly encourage you to boycott them- not that that will likely be an issue for you.
If you had a marriage certificate and you and your wife had lived apart for 20 years, would that still be a "real" marriage?

Apparently you are ignorant, stupid or lying. The gay "couples" did not have those children. They do not share genes.
Add Biology 101 to Econ 101 among things libs kno nothing about.

That doesn't answer the question. How will me boycotting anything make your homo marriage legitimate?

they want their parents to have full recognition and full status

I am sure that the parents of adoptive children- and those who have used sperm donors to have children- will be surprised to find out that they are not 'real' parents from your point of view.

I am sure their kids would be also.

That doesn't answer the question. How will me boycotting anything make your homo marriage legitimate?

If you boycott marriage, then you will prevent same gender marriage from harming your life.

I am sure that the parents of adoptive children- and those who have used sperm donors to have children- will be surprised to find out that they are not 'real' parents from your point of view.

I think the word "parent" means something other than what you think it means.

If you boycott marriage, then you will prevent same gender marriage from harming your life.
Since you dont understand that argument of state interest it is not surprising you'd throw this smelly piece of foo.

Do you think these kids called these adults "Mom and Dad" ?

Legendary comedian and showman Bob Hope (search), who traveled the globe performing for millions of American troops stationed overseas through four wars, has died. He was 100.

His longtime publicist said Hope died Sunday night of pneumonia, while surrounded by his family at home in Toluca Lake, Calif.

He is survived by his wife, Delores Reade Hope, his four children, Linda, Anthony, Honora and William Kelly Francis, and four grandchildren.

All adopted.

Bob_Hope_and_family.jpg

Since you dont understand that argument of state interest it is not surprising you'd throw this smelly piece of foo.

Well since you just hate homosexuals your bigotry is not surprising.

Legendary comedian and showman Bob Hope (search), who traveled the globe performing for millions of American troops stationed overseas through four wars, has died. He was 100.

His longtime publicist said Hope died Sunday night of pneumonia, while surrounded by his family at home in Toluca Lake, Calif.

He is survived by his wife, Delores Reade Hope, his four children, Linda, Anthony, Honora and William Kelly Francis, and four grandchildren.

All adopted.

Bob_Hope_and_family.jpg

I've had people call me "Dad" or "Pops" in the street because I am over 50 with gray hair. Does that make me their parent?

Well since you just hate homosexuals your bigotry is not surprising.
Your failure to argue is noted.

All adopted.

Bob_Hope_and_family.jpg

I've had people call me "Dad" or "Pops" in the street because I am over 50 with gray hair. Does that make me their parent?

Your failure to address the post is noted.

I look forward to you lecturing the children of Bob Hope about they aren't his 'real' children.

Oh wait- no- its only when Gay- or as you call them 'faggots'- adopt that they aren't real parents.

What about when African Americans- or as you would call them 'n*ggers'- adopt- are they real parents?

All adopted.

Bob_Hope_and_family.jpg

Your failure to address the post is noted.

I look forward to you lecturing the children of Bob Hope about they aren't his 'real' children.

Oh wait- no- its only when Gay- or as you call them 'faggots'- adopt that they aren't real parents.

What about when African Americans- or as you would call them 'n*ggers'- adopt- are they real parents?
I did address the post. You derailed it by claiming that merely calling someone Mom or Dad ipso facto makes them parents. That is obviously false.

Forum List

Back