7000-1. Guess Who Won

There shouldn't be. Not if we still value the freedoms provided by the constitution. You can't force others to promote your speech.

If you want your content to be on the internet, put it on there yourself. Don't use thugs to make others do it for you.

All politicians already have equal access. You just don't realize it.

Trump Does not. he is banned from over 80% of social media by volume.

It's funny you talking about freedoms when all you do is want to take them away.

TV isn't interactive, TV doesn't claim to be an open platform. Various channels would need to have a 80% market share AND ban any references to Trump to be comparable.
The principles are identical.

You don't get to infringe on freedom of speech because you don't think it's fair how they're choosing to exercise it. There's no constitutional requirement that people use their rights fairly. In fact, the constitution is specifically designed to protect their rights to do so as unfairly as they want.

You don't get to infringe on freedom of speech because you don't think it's fair how they're choosing to exercise it. There's no constitutional requirement that people use their rights fairly. In fact, the constitution is specifically designed to protect their rights to do so as unfairly as they want.
Wrong the protection twitter and face book get is because they claim they are not political and are an open content.

Trump Does not. he is banned from over 80% of social media by volume.

It's funny you talking about freedoms when all you do is want to take them away.
Here ya go.

Equal access. Anyone can see anything Donald Trump wants them to see here.

Nope. And again, not infringing on their speech, because they claim it isn't their speech.

you just want to win by any means necessary.

Here ya go.

Equal access. Anyone can see anything Donald Trump wants them to see here.

Website isn't twitter, or facebook. With their control of the market comes either them accepting all their content as theirs, or being the true open platforms they claim to be.

Websites aren't social media.

And by your logic, wouldn't providers be able to ban access to the site if they so choose?

Their wires, their routers, their servers after all.....

Nope. And again, not infringing on their speech, because they claim it isn't their speech.

you just want to win by any means necessary.
Yes, it is infringing on their speech because they're the ones who are maintaining, promoting and distributing it.

I want to win by any constitutional means. You don't.

Yes, it is infringing on their speech because they're the ones who are maintaining, promoting and distributing it.

I want to win by any constitutional means. You don't.

They claim it's not theirs, so how are they promoting it?

Spectrum maintains and distributes my posts on this site, are you saying they can ban me as a user if they so choose, thus eliminating my internet access?

Website isn't twitter, or facebook. With their control of the market comes either them accepting all their content as theirs, or being the true open platforms they claim to be.

Websites aren't social media.

And by your logic, wouldn't providers be able to ban access to the site if they so choose?

Their wires, their routers, their servers after all.....
Twitter and Facebook are both websites.

As a liberal, I thought that internet service providers should be classified as common carriers which means they could not ban access to sites. We actually did it for a little while under the Obama administration.

Guess which administration repealed that?

Twitter and Facebook are both websites.

As a liberal, I thought that internet service providers should be classified as common carriers which means they could not ban access to sites. We actually did it for a little while under the Obama administration.

Guess which administration repealed that?

What's to stop us from labelling facebook and twitter as common carriers.

Twitter and facebook HAVE websites, like they HAVE apps, they are actually interactive platforms, unlike say CNN.com for Foxnews.com.

or fetish.anal.hamspter.ducttape.com, your favorite site.

They claim it's not theirs, so how are they promoting it?

Spectrum maintains and distributes my posts on this site, are you saying they can ban me as a user if they so choose, thus eliminating my internet access?
It seems like you have a poor understanding of how the internet works.

When someone makes a tweet, they are using Twitter's servers, Twitter's software, and Twitter's bandwidth to create that speech. Spectrum does not maintain or distribute your posts on this site. This website's server is the one maintaining and distributing the posts to other users over their bandwidth.

It seems like you have a poor understanding of how the internet works.

When someone makes a tweet, they are using Twitter's servers, Twitter's software, and Twitter's bandwidth to create that speech. Spectrum does not maintain or distribute your posts on this site. This website's server is the one maintaining and distributing the posts to other users over their bandwidth.

All 000's and 1111's. I am using all of Spectrum's stuff to do the same thing. Why shouldn't they be able to ban me for political reasons?

What's to stop us from labelling facebook and twitter as common carriers.

Twitter and facebook HAVE websites, like they HAVE apps, they are actually interactive platforms, unlike say CNN.com for Foxnews.com.

or fetish.anal.hamspter.ducttape.com, your favorite site.
Because Twitter and Facebook aren't passively "carrying" content. Among other things, they're storing and distributing it.

You said that people need access to Trump in order for it to be a fair election. I just showed you they have as much access to Trump as they want. They can go to his website any time.

All 000's and 1111's. I am using all of Spectrum's stuff to do the same thing. Why shouldn't they be able to ban me for political reasons?
Spectrum doesn't maintain this website. That's just what YOU use to access it. Not me.

Because Twitter and Facebook aren't passively "carrying" content. Among other things, they're storing and distributing it.

You said that people need access to Trump in order for it to be a fair election. I just showed you they have as much access to Trump as they want. They can go to his website any time.

Equipment is Equipment. Why is a server different from a router?

He is removed from 80% of the social media audience. Would you be OK with him being banned from 80% of the television audience?

Spectrum doesn't maintain this website. That's just what YOU use to access it. Not me.

But my posts run on their routers, their wires, go through their servers, even if not held for a long time.

What's the difference?

Equipment is Equipment. Why is a server different from a router?

He is removed from 80% of the social media audience. Would you be OK with him being banned from 80% of the television audience?
Why is a server different from a router?

Jesus, that's a stupid question to anyone who has any idea how the internet works. Do you really need me to explain the difference between a router and a server?

But my posts run on their routers, their wires, go through their servers, even if not held for a long time.

What's the difference?
Because the ISP is carrying the information and the websites are creating and storing it.

It's the difference between the person you call on the phone and the phone company connecting you two.

Forum List

Back