75th Anniversary Of D-Day

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force:
You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world. Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped, and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely. But this is the year 1944. Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned. The free men of the world are marching together to victory. I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty, and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory. Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

upload_2019-6-6_4-51-52.jpeg

Today is the day I think about my uncle having nightmares if he fell asleep in his chair.

He did that thing. It haunted him for the rest of his life. He did get a 21-gun salute. Rightfully so, and then some.

He told me "I may not can cook like your aunt, but I make a mean tunafish".

:113:

My uncle's buddy that he went through basic with was right there with him at Omaha beach, and his leg got blown off right in front of my uncle and there was nothing he could do, except haul him into a hole to die. Artillery was raining all around. He told me this a long time ago.

Last edited:
My Grandfather walked from Normandy to Austria and his buddy the town barber was right next to him.

He was lucky they both made it. My friend's dad killed Nazis at Dachau. Brought home lots of booty, too. A Luger, shells, 2 Mausers..

I've seen a "Fury" and "Save the private Ryan" about it. In fact, your ansectors we very brave and compensate by their bravery some of their commanders fails!

My uncle's buddy that he went through basic with was right there with him at Omaha beach, and his leg got blown off right in front of my uncle and there was nothing he could do, except haul him into a hole to die. Artillery was raining all around. He told me this a long time ago.

That was your god having a little fun.......

Today is the day I think about my uncle having nightmares if he fell asleep in his chair.

He did that thing. It haunted him for the rest of his life. He did get a 21-gun salute. Rightfully so, and then some.

My own grandfather, who jumped into France with the 82nd, survived Market Garden and the Bulge, never talked much to us about his on-the-ground combat experiences, although more came out the older he got until his death in 2015. However, my father worked with this guy who fought in North Africa and Sicily, guy we called "uncle" George. Uncle George hated window fans. Eventually he related the reason to my father: they reminded him of the sound of German fighter engines. Hell of thing those men of iron did for all of us, and for all the delicate nuances of today's faery "men".

My own grandfather, who jumped into France with the 82nd, survived Market Garden and the Bulge, never talked much to us about his on-the-ground combat experiences, although more came out the older he got until his death in 2015. However, my father worked with this guy who fought in North Africa and Sicily, guy we called "uncle" George. Uncle George hated window fans. Eventually he related the reason to my father: they reminded him of the sound of German fighter engines. Hell of thing those men of iron did for all of us, and for all the delicate nuances of today's faery "men".
82nd was badass! :113: That's real deal stuff there!

I know a guy in the 81st, he's from S. America..or was..a long time ago.

He can kill ya and get away with it..anybody, really. That's what they do.

That's what the government trains them for.

Almighty God is the reason we won.

ha ha ha ha

there were 16 attempts to assassinate hitler.....they ALL failed!......because your god protected hitler.......
Hitler alive was a tremendous asset to the Allies. If he had died a competent leader could have led Germany to a much different outcome in the war. Please learn history.

True story..say a Ranger comes home and murders the guy that raped his wife while he was on deployment..

You think he'll ever be charged? :auiqs.jpg:Fuck no! He can kill him in the most brutal way possible and it don't make a bit of difference.

No, no he will not. No sir. America. Reality. Real justice.

Forum List

Back