774 New Laws

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009

Feast your eyes; "small government" conservative Texas has put 774 new laws on the books effective at 12:01 this morning.
Some of the laws repeal previous laws (probably) but most are new restrictions on previously held freedoms.

I'm sure someone will be by soon to tell us the virtues of all of these new laws. Leaving there was the best move I ever made.

Feast your eyes; "small government" conservative Texas has put 774 new laws on the books effective at 12:01 this morning.
Some of the laws repeal previous laws (probably) but most are new restrictions on previously held freedoms.

I'm sure someone will be by soon to tell us the virtues of all of these new laws. Leaving there was the best move I ever made.

I have friends living in Texas and they tell me how horrible it is to live there frequently. The state government is batshit crazy.

You are being disingenuous. The conservative value of small government pertains to the federal government and leaving more matters to the state. If you bothered to read your link you would see much of it pertains to existing laws. Modifications, updates, and revisions of existing laws is what citizens should expect from responsible government.

Texas is lucky to be rid of you.

You are being disingenuous. The conservative value of small government pertains to the federal government and leaving more matters to the state. If you bothered to read your link you would see much of it pertains to existing laws. Modifications, updates, and revisions of existing laws is what citizens should expect from responsible government.

No, actually, the value of small government does not just pertain just to the federal government. That you would even suggest such a thing shows you are not even remotely a conservative

Last edited:

774 modifications; updates, and revisions....that means there were 774 times they got it wrong?

"small government" conservatives are non existent. If God were going to give the world an enema he would stick the nozzle in Texas.

No, actually, the value of small government does not just pertain to the federal government. That you would even suggest such a thing shows you are not even remotely a conservative
His one goal on the board (and in life) is to pick a fight with people so he gets attention. Which is fine I guess but perhaps he should pick something less crazy than trying to make that fine distinction between the federal government and the state government when the state government can really get all up in your shit much faster and much more regularly than the feds ever dreamed of.

774 modifications; updates, and revisions....that means there were 774 times they got it wrong?

"small government" conservatives are non existent. If God were going to give the world an enema he would stick the nozzle in Texas.
When it comes to crime get the Prog states to really start the reduction of accusations y eliminating a lot of the criminal codes. They only stopped enforcing many of the codes with the ones we see on TV the most noticeable.

They don't bother to read their links. They hate texas due to its independent nature.

This is true in every state. It’s said Americans unknowingly break the law on average three times every day. Thanks to uncontrolled government.

How do you figure they got it wrong? Things change, adjusting existing laws to meet those challenges is smarter than writing entirely new laws, which is what liberals would do.

No, actually, the value of small government does not just pertain just to the federal government. That you would even suggest such a thing shows you are not even remotely a conservative
Absolute nonsense. You liberal hacks make it sound like the only way to be a conservative would be to govern on the brink of anarchy.

How do you figure they got it wrong? Things change, adjusting existing laws to meet those challenges is smarter than writing entirely new laws, which is what liberals would do.
Yeah...go with that.

I have friends living in Texas and they tell me how horrible it is to live there frequently. The state government is batshit crazy.
I lived there for decades. The good news is that they only meet--the legislature--for 90 days every other year. But somehow in 90 days; they jacked up 700+ new laws. So much for "small government" conservatism.

If it is changes to existing laws, they aren't new laws at all. Try some honesty next time.
If you drive down the road and turn left to go to your local bar every day and one day you see a sign saying no left turn...that is a new law that you can't turn left. If they take the sign down in two months; that is a new law that you can now turn left.

Does everything have to be an argument with you?

Forum List

Back