80's Tunes...

ChristL,

I think that each decade and each generation I've gone through, had a wide variety of composers, artists (singers and musicians) that were both unique and creatives in their presentations. But for me, growing up in the '60s and going to war in the '70s, the 1980's (for music) was one of those period where no one artists or group, appealed to above all the other, yet there were a few that released a few recording that will stay with me forever.

I certainly appreciated:

ZZTOP and This video is just too cool! as well as Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - --- I think I like this particular release because it is somewhat representative of the rise of the Power Female Vocalist that left in the late 1960's. Pat Benatar, Blondie, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Joan Jet, Stevie Nix, The 1980's had just some many gifted artists, it would be impossible to pick just a few.

But there are some toons that take me back to a time when the world was a new place. There are a couple that transport me back to a time in Vietnam, Bangkok, and Korea, when I was new, naive and inexperienced.

Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
ChristL,

I think that each decade and each generation I've gone through, had a wide variety of composers, artists (singers and musicians) that were both unique and creatives in their presentations. But for me, growing up in the '60s and going to war in the '70s, the 1980's (for music) was one of those period where no one artists or group, appealed to above all the other, yet there were a few that released a few recording that will stay with me forever.

I certainly appreciated:

ZZTOP and This video is just too cool! as well as Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - --- I think I like this particular release because it is somewhat representative of the rise of the Power Female Vocalist that left in the late 1960's. Pat Benatar, Blondie, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Joan Jet, Stevie Nix, The 1980's had just some many gifted artists, it would be impossible to pick just a few.

Respectfully,
R

I agree, there are a ton of different artists from the 60s, 70s and 80s that I love. I also love grunge music from the 90s and early 2000s.

Did someone say "And now for something completely different.."?
released in 1979 and 1988
Eric Idle "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"

Fun guys I got to hang out with that had their video on MTV, coincidentally the Punk Rock Girl was a friend of mine who was famous for her hairstyle we called the Helicopter, others called it the Statue of Liberty.
By coincidence, at another time I ended up having their manager as my customer and he told me the band has sunk all their gig earnings and money into this video, basically as sucessful as they seemed, they only broke even. Tough business it is, and that's before the advent of Napster and online radio cutting profit streams.
Enjoy, it's a funny video:
1988 The Dead Milkmen - "Punk Rock Girl"

Forum List

Back