98 % of the Products I buy are made in China!

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
98 % of the goods I buy are made in China. There does seem to be a severe trade imbalance here. What ever happened to made in America?! Your thoughts.

98 % of the goods I buy are made in China. There does seem to be a severe trade imbalance here. What ever happened to made in America?! Your thoughts.
The made in America moved to made in China to increase profits..

/----/ "The made in America moved to made in China to increase profits."
Correct. To escape libtards' environmental laws, labor laws and taxes that were squeezing profits.

Correct. To escape libtards' environmental laws, labor laws and taxes that were squeezing profits.
No, to avoid paying lower wages than what Americans would accept..Which ended up hurting their bottom line as wages are stagnant and now they can't sell as much in the US..

domestic manufacturing will never be what it was and lets hope manufactures may abandon china for other points in south east Asia and India .BUT it never hurts to shake things up .especially when the chi coms have been given way to much leeway..They need a hard swift kick in the ass

we're still one of the largest manufactures in the world nothing wrong in gettin bigger

6049-asst1-pallet.jpg

these cost the Chinese less than a dollar to manufacture ....while your typical American dollar general store chain gets 5 to 10 bucks for em
youre already being ripped off anyway ....freight is peanuts and depending on yer deal the shipper can even pay it

check yer fob print baby derp

I see a lot of USA made stuff even in the dollar stores you gotta read the labels

No, to avoid paying lower wages than what Americans would accept..Which ended up hurting their bottom line as wages are stagnant and now they can't sell as much in the US..
/—-/ And you believe increasing environment laws, labor laws and taxes had nothing to do with the flee to China?

I see a lot of USA made stuff even in the dollar stores you gotta read the labels

Indeed ive been making toaster jokes and i went online theirs American made toasters out there :113:

I wanted to start a whole kitchen line to take on the Germans:20: :auiqs.jpg:.......some who have fled to eastern Europe
go merica!

They pay their people $2 per day and can flood America with cheap products because of it. Trump is right to stop this. Mature governance is being willing to forego the short term benefit for the long term gain.

This is GREAT NEWS for Trump's TRADE WAR on CHINA.

Just think, 98% of the crap you purchase from China will end up with a 25% tariff that will be passed on to you.

This WILL cost you out the ying yang.

Now, aren't you glad you voted for Trump?

Bah-da-bing!!

This is GREAT NEWS for Trump's TRADE WAR on CHINA.

Just think, 98% of the crap you purchase from China will end up with a 25% tariff that will be passed on to you.

This WILL cost you out the ying yang.

Now, aren't you glad you voted for Trump?

Foolish one it's already costing you ... You just don't have the education level to see it.
Cheap Chinese labor doesn't actually lower prices dude .... It lowers quality. You're not paying for that shit with your money...you're paying for it with your job.

Jo

There is a trade imbalance, no doubt. We import more than we export, and that is good.

Watch the legendary economist Milton Friedman explain why.

You know, I knew there was a problem finding American made goods all the way back in 1980 - 1982, when I was living with my Grandparents. My Grandparents did their level best to buy American wherever they could. Its one of the reasons that my Grandfathers clothes and shoes were ordered via mail.

And, they passed that on to me, and I always looked for American products. It's one of the reasons I rode the bicycles I did, because Trek and Lemond are both made in America (but a lot of the components come from Europe).

I've noticed that over the years, it's become damn near impossible to buy American, even if only half the time. And, unfortunately, the only way to change that is to change the minds of the companies and CEO's to bring manufacturing back. Politics won't do it.

John Deere moved a manufacturing facility from Coon Rapids, MN to Saltio, Mexico.

The JD facility in Mexico can pollute the air & the water unimpeded, they pay their workers next to nothing, no health insurance, the workers obtain no OT pay after 40 hours a week, and the workers are subjected to a much more dangerous work environment without benefit of an OSHA type agency oversight.

Just the kind of place Republicans would love to work in & love to reside near: Republicans could get injured on the job, endure bodily injury & death, and at the end of the work day Republicans could go home & enjoy their polluted neighborhood breathing crappy air & drinking crappy polluted water.

Of course, all this compliments of American companies that care nothing about the labor force, nor the environment, no matter on which nations soil the facility resides.

Forum List

Back