A 25-year-old black man was shot dead in Georgia while jogging, prompting online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling

A black man jogging in an affluent suburban Georgia neighborhood was shot dead by neighbors on February 23, who thought he was a robber, setting off online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling, The New York Times reported.

Ahmaud Arbery was jogging around Brunswick, Georgia, before he was killed in nearby Satilla Shores. Arbery ran by Gregory McMichael who called to his son Travis McMichael before grabbing their .357 magnum revolver and shotgun and followed Arbery in a truck, according to The Times.

"Stop, stop," they shouted at Mr. Arbery, according to The Times, "we want to talk to you."

Gregory McMichael told police he thought Arbery was the suspect in a string of break-ins. Arbery died after being shot twice in after "a struggle over the shotgun," according to The Times.

According to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the elder McMichael, who is a former police officer, was the only source quoted in the police report and that led critics to suspect that "his influence played a role in authorities' decision not to bring charges."

"There's a lot of suspicion of law enforcement down here," Akeem Baker, a friend of Arbery told AJC.

Neither the father nor son have been charged with Arbery's killing.

So now you can't jog while black.

How is it that you can just grab your gun and chase someone down the block, kill them and then return home for dinner.

Oh that's right there is no more racism in the South anymore.
That might have
A black man jogging in an affluent suburban Georgia neighborhood was shot dead by neighbors on February 23, who thought he was a robber, setting off online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling, The New York Times reported.

Ahmaud Arbery was jogging around Brunswick, Georgia, before he was killed in nearby Satilla Shores. Arbery ran by Gregory McMichael who called to his son Travis McMichael before grabbing their .357 magnum revolver and shotgun and followed Arbery in a truck, according to The Times.

"Stop, stop," they shouted at Mr. Arbery, according to The Times, "we want to talk to you."

Gregory McMichael told police he thought Arbery was the suspect in a string of break-ins. Arbery died after being shot twice in after "a struggle over the shotgun," according to The Times.

According to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the elder McMichael, who is a former police officer, was the only source quoted in the police report and that led critics to suspect that "his influence played a role in authorities' decision not to bring charges."

"There's a lot of suspicion of law enforcement down here," Akeem Baker, a friend of Arbery told AJC.

How is it that you can just grab your gun and chase someone down the block, kill them and then return home for dinner.

Guess you can’t jog if you’re a white female either?
thank you,since the op did not provide a link of the man who shot him we have no idea if he was racist or not from his op,could have just been an evil person who just kills cause they are evil same as that person that killed that white lady is someone who is evil. Could be in both cases it was someone they knew who made them mad and they are so evil the way they get even is they think killing is okay they are so evil and demented.those two people are so evil they probably tracked them down and watched every move they made for days waiting for the proper time to kill them.

Why do you guys love to play the tit for tat game. Why can't you just see THIS case for what it is, why is always well a black man killed this white person. 10 time out of 10 that black killer is locked under the jail where they should be and that is all the family is asking for these 2 murderers. Justice is suppose to be blind, but history in America shows it damn sure is not.
Because black men are 6% of our country but make up 55% of all violent crimes.. does it take a fucking genius to understand black men are fucking violent?

That lie has been debunked how many times and history in America shows who the most violent folks are.
Huh?

That might have

thank you,since the op did not provide a link of the man who shot him we have no idea if he was racist or not from his op,could have just been an evil person who just kills cause they are evil same as that person that killed that white lady is someone who is evil. Could be in both cases it was someone they knew who made them mad and they are so evil the way they get even is they think killing is okay they are so evil and demented.those two people are so evil they probably tracked them down and watched every move they made for days waiting for the proper time to kill them.

Why do you guys love to play the tit for tat game. Why can't you just see THIS case for what it is, why is always well a black man killed this white person. 10 time out of 10 that black killer is locked under the jail where they should be and that is all the family is asking for these 2 murderers. Justice is suppose to be blind, but history in America shows it damn sure is not.
Because black men are 6% of our country but make up 55% of all violent crimes.. does it take a fucking genius to understand black men are fucking violent?

That lie has been debunked how many times and history in America shows who the most violent folks are.

I live in GA simpleton,
You be careful out there!
573B8A85-4404-4024-B78F-562645EDE80D.jpeg

The NYTimes reported he was wearing shorts, tshirt and running shoes.

In GA in February? That was one ice cold black dude.
It was a sunny warm day. I know you racists want to make these guys innocent real bad. But don't worry, the all white jury will probably find them not guilty. Then you racists will start lecturing us on how wrong it is for black folks to riot.

38 may be warm to you but I doubt it is to him.
Do you even know where Glynn county is?
I've been to Savannah in february. I believe that's in proximity of the town where this took place. It was not cold.

Shorts or jeans it's not advised for black men to attack white men. You think Travvys decomposing corpse would teach you people a lesson. I guess not.
You chickenshits need guns and it's easy to talk your shit behind a computer white boy. Your 2 heroes are about to get some long black dick crammed up their asses before they get the Jeffrey Dahmer prison justice.
I'm white and this racism shit is disgusting. The hate never seems to end. I grew up around it all my life in the south and I hate it. I still have family members to this day who spout off the hate, and yet, when a black person offers to help them, they'll accept it, and still talk bad behind their backs. I mean, throw up. I just have to leave.

And all these so called God worshipping white Christians who go to church on Sunday in the south to hide behind Jesus? What a joke. They might as well go there every Sunday and take a big shit on the Bible, because they come out of church, with no evidence at all, for the rest of the week, that they've ever been there at all. They care only for themselves and they hate blacks, browns, Jews, or anyone who isn't like them. It's a disease of the south that I wish I could change.
i talk about blacks how they talks About me

Yea you talk hiding behind a computer screen.
Lol I’m in the inner city of Boston,, I’m very vocal

Yea, sure you are.

That might have

Every year the Uniform Crime Reports from American law enforcement agencies show that whites commit over 60 percent of all violent crime. In the history of this country white men have committed far more acts of violence than all others combined. So as usual that fool has repeated a racist lie and as we see, white men believing this lie feel empowered to take the law in their own hands. And they add to the total of white male violence in America. White men are 31 percent of the population and annually they make up 70 percent of all crime. Annually , that means every year.

It was a sunny warm day. I know you racists want to make these guys innocent real bad. But don't worry, the all white jury will probably find them not guilty. Then you racists will start lecturing us on how wrong it is for black folks to riot.

I've been to Savannah in february. I believe that's in proximity of the town where this took place. It was not cold.

Shorts or jeans it's not advised for black men to attack white men. You think Travvys decomposing corpse would teach you people a lesson. I guess not.
You chickenshits need guns and it's easy to talk your shit behind a computer white boy. Your 2 heroes are about to get some long black dick crammed up their asses before they get the Jeffrey Dahmer prison justice.
I'm white and this racism shit is disgusting. The hate never seems to end. I grew up around it all my life in the south and I hate it. I still have family members to this day who spout off the hate, and yet, when a black person offers to help them, they'll accept it, and still talk bad behind their backs. I mean, throw up. I just have to leave.

And all these so called God worshipping white Christians who go to church on Sunday in the south to hide behind Jesus? What a joke. They might as well go there every Sunday and take a big shit on the Bible, because they come out of church, with no evidence at all, for the rest of the week, that they've ever been there at all. They care only for themselves and they hate blacks, browns, Jews, or anyone who isn't like them. It's a disease of the south that I wish I could change.

Yea, sure you are.

I was in a all black jail telling black jokes lol grzzzy loved it haha they did nothing .. all talk no action

I live in GA simpleton,
Of who? Statistic shows 99% chance he’ll be attacked by another black male.. but your not telling him about that haha

....but he wasn't attacked by another black male, he was murdered by 2 white rednecks.
But she’s trying to tell you to watch out for white men do you not understand that? Lol then why are you making fun of people skin color?

Yea, sure you are.

I was in a all black jail telling black jokes lol grzzzy loved it haha they did nothing .. all talk no action

Yea, sure you were. Have a nice day.

Yea, sure you are.

Umm ok

I live in GA simpleton,
Of who? Statistic shows 99% chance he’ll be attacked by another black male.. but your not telling him about that haha

....but he wasn't attacked by another black male, he was murdered by 2 white rednecks.
Actually statistics don't show that and it does show that white are attacked by other whites in equal numbers, but that dodge doesn't change what happened.

Yea, sure you are.

That's a lie.

From what I can tell, which ain't much, one of the guys was an ex-cop, and he and his son thought this was the guy who broke into their home so they ambushed and murdered him. Even if he was the burglar it's still murder. Looks like the real cops looked the other way until mounting evidence forced them to arrest the two. It's stuff like this that makes me fear police more than criminals.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK

Racial profiling.
Like NAACP, UNCF, BET, Congressional Black Caucus, Black Coaches Association, Black Lives Matter, VH1 Soul, etc.
Ignorant.
Bullshit! It’s spot on and you can’t defend it.
It's ignorant.

“It's totally racist to have Black History Month, Black Music Awards, Black only magazines... If whites had White Music Awards or something like that, all the snowflakes, white and brown, would go apeshit. And there would be a massive run on bananas.”

“If you replaced everything with a White, it would not be taken well by minorities of this country.
I.E replace Farrakhan with David Duke, and replace African American interests, with White American interests.... How would minorities react to that?”

Anonymous white internet forum poster

People can’t be this dumb. For years ABC might have well stood for American Broadcasting for Caucasians. NBC, National Broadcasting for Caucasians and CBS the Caucasian Broadcasting Service. The lack of black reporters news anchors, news shows and entertainment broadcast on these networks is why Black Entertainment Television was founded.

I have heard whites crying about Miss Black America. The usual whining is how unfair it is and how the outcry would be huge if whites had a pageant that was named Miss White America. What do they think the pageant was from 1921 until 1970 when no one of color was allowed to compete in the pageant? It was not until 1970 that a black contestant participated in the Miss America pageant, Miss Cheryl Brown. So then it was apparent the pageant was for whites only. For 50 years it was the Miss White America Pageant. Now just because white people didn’t call it that doesn’t mean that wasn’t what it was. It took until 1983 for a woman of color to win the pageant and these two things alone were why there was and is a Miss Black USA. Are whites that blind to the things they have done to think they are not included just because they did not expressly name something the white this or that even while excluding anyone not white?

Whites are crying about Historically Black Colleges. But then just because you call yourself Harvard doesn’t exclude the fact that you are historically white. I can say that for almost every university, private or public, in this country. Blacks built colleges because we weren’t allowed into historically white colleges and today just because whites don’t call these colleges exactly what they are, they cry about HBCU’s like there is no such things as an HWCU.

Whites like you whine about the NAACP . I can go on and on with how there are whites whining about how non whites have had to create their own organizations and celebrations based upon our race and culture. They seem to ignore that ten ton elephant sitting on their lap, the fact that it was because whites refused to allow non whites to be part of American culture. I am writing this in the 21st century and it’s high time whites stopped lying to themselves about how things have been done in the United States.
:yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12::yes_text12:

White privilege was/is still in control in this country, which puts/keeps Blacks at a total disadvantage. We have to admit that fact.

• Love
Reactions: IM2

That might have

No, it takes a person of reason, logic, and normal intelligence to understand that 55% of the crimes by Blacks you are talking about, is 100% attributed to white privilege in this country. White privilege is the number one cause for large scale crime by Blacks in this country. Ever since the 1600's, whites have been boxing the Blacks in and keeping them out of mainstream society.

• Love
Reactions: IM2

That might have

Very true, and white privilege is the number one cause for that criminal activity.

Forum List

Back