A Bible Contradicton (how Trustworthy Is The Bible?)

Mr. Ofo Oao

Sep 19, 2014
Hi,

I was thinking about a conversation I had on this forum about the 144,000 Jews spoken of in Rev. 7 in the Bible and how in that conversation, the question was raised, why do the Gospels say that "two women will be grinding...one will be taken..." if the 144,000 are all men?

This question reminded me of two Scriptures WHEREIN IS A BIBLE CONTRADICTION that made me ask, how trustworthy is the Bible as a pure Book of God's Word? Here are the 2 Scriptures:

Matt. 11:13-14, NIV: "(13)For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.(14)And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come."

John 1:19-21, NIV: "(19)Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was.(20)He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely,'I am not the Messiah.'(21)They asked him,'Then who are you? Are you Elijah?' He said,'I am not.''Are you the Prophet?' He answered,'No.'"

This Scripture shows that either Jesus is a LIAR, or John the Baptist, a man "filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb" (Luke 1:15,) is a LIAR. One of those is true or the Bible is NOT in its original state but has been tampered with (1 Cor. 14:33: "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.")

Peace,
Ofo

Without understanding what Bibles are you'll never understand their contents. The Bible was never written. Rather, individual books and gospels were then stuck together after early Vatican officials decided what would become the official canon, and would would be excluded.

Additionally, not all Bibles are identical. The Eithiopian Orthodox Canon is the most inclusive version containing the complete Jewish Tanach with apocrypha plus the complete New Testament plus apocrypha. Most versions in use today though are the less-complete version like KJV, NIV, etc. which came about after various church scizms and later the Protestant Reformation which changed what would be considered official Canon.

The original writings making up the Old and New Testaments are often fragmented. Good versions of Bibles leave out whatever isn't on the originals, less-good ones fill it in with educated guesses.

No version in English is absolutely reliable. Original languages don't translate perfectly into English or any other langugae. If you want absolute reliability you have to learn Hebrew and Aramaic. The Greek versions are translations of the Hebrew and Aramaic.

The actual text has been changed over the centuries and as the various denominations came about. And the numbering isn't reliable either as Deuteronomy 13:1 shows (in an actual Torah) as it appears as Deuteronomy 12:last in most Bibles.

There is no contradiction there.

One Scripture (Matt. 11:13-14) says that John was the Elijah to come and the other (John 1:19-21) says that he was not.

How is that not a contradiction?

That is a very superficial reading you are attempting to manipulate. "Elijah to come" indicates that there was more than one Elijah, and at any point in time before some realizes something, there is a point at which they do not realize it. The "101 Bible Contradictions" list atheists draw from have all been repeatedly addressed many places on the internet. Feel free to google them if you are really interested in learning what the Bible says versus what the Atheist Playbook tells you the Bible says.

ocrapofo, you're being exposed.
144,000 Messianic Jews, male and virgin, will be sealed from harm to evangelize during the end times. Has nothing to do with the rapture. They are 2 separate events.
Maybe there is a quilting forum you can post in where you won't get so beat up...

Hi,

I was thinking about a conversation I had on this forum about the 144,000 Jews spoken of in Rev. 7 in the Bible and how in that conversation, the question was raised, why do the Gospels say that "two women will be grinding...one will be taken..." if the 144,000 are all men?

This question reminded me of two Scriptures WHEREIN IS A BIBLE CONTRADICTION that made me ask, how trustworthy is the Bible as a pure Book of God's Word? Here are the 2 Scriptures:

Matt. 11:13-14, NIV: "(13)For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.(14)And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come."

John 1:19-21, NIV: "(19)Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was.(20)He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely,'I am not the Messiah.'(21)They asked him,'Then who are you? Are you Elijah?' He said,'I am not.''Are you the Prophet?' He answered,'No.'"

This Scripture shows that either Jesus is a LIAR, or John the Baptist, a man "filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb" (Luke 1:15,) is a LIAR. One of those is true or the Bible is NOT in its original state but has been tampered with (1 Cor. 14:33: "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.")

Peace,
Ofo

The most "authoritative" accounts of a historical Jesus come from the four canonical Gospels of the Bible. Note that these Gospels did not come into the Bible as original and authoritative from the authors themselves, but rather from the influence of early church fathers, especially the most influential of them all: Irenaeus of Lyon who lived in the middle of the second century.

Did Jesus exist

The consensus of many biblical historians put the dating of the earliest Gospel, that of Mark, at sometime after 70 C.E., and the last Gospel, John after 90 C.E.

Christians think the authors were Mark, Luke, Matthew, & John, but scholars know from critical textural research that there simply occurs no evidence that the gospel authors could have served as the apostles described in the Gospel stories. Yet even today, we hear priests and ministers describing these books as "The Gospel according to Matthew, Mark Luke or John.

The gospel of Mark describes the first written Bible gospel. And although Mark appears deceptively after the Matthew gospel, the gospel of Mark got written at least a generation before Matthew. From its own words, one can deduce that the author of Mark had neither heard Jesus nor served as his personal follower. Whoever wrote the gospel simply accepted the story of Jesus without question and wrote a crude an ungrammatical account of the popular story at the time. Historians tell us of the three Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke), Mark served as the common element between Matthew and Luke and provided the main source for both of them.

The author of Mark stands at least a third remove from Jesus and more likely at the fourth remove.

The author of Matthew had obviously gotten his information from Mark's gospel and used them for his own needs. He fashioned his narrative to appeal to Jewish tradition and Scripture. He improved the grammar of Mark's Gospel, corrected what he felt theologically important, and heightened the miracles and magic.

John, the last appearing Bible Gospel, presents us with long theological discourses from Jesus and could not possibly have come as literal words from a historical Jesus. The Gospel of John disagrees with events described in Mark, Matthew, and Luke. Moreover the unknown author(s) of this gospel wrote it in Greek near the end of the first century, and according to Bishop Shelby Spong, the book "carried within it a very obvious reference to the death of John Zebedee (John 21:23)."

There is so much wrong with this picture. I love it that Christians are attacking Muslims because it gives us a chance to attack their crazy beliefs too. Fast track this religion thing into extinction.

The Gospels describe narrative stories, written almost virtually in the third person. People who wish to portray themselves as eyewitnesses will write in the first person, not in the third person. Moreover, many of the passages attributed to Jesus could only have come from the invention of its authors. For example, many of the statements of Jesus claim to have come from him while allegedly alone. If so, who heard him? It becomes even more marked when the evangelists report about what Jesus thought. To whom did Jesus confide his thoughts? Clearly, the Gospels employ techniques that fictional writers use. In any case the Gospels can only serve, at best, as hearsay, and at worst, as fictional, mythological, or falsified stories.

Hi,

Peace,
Ofo

one has nothing to do with the other....

That is a very superficial reading you are attempting to manipulate. "Elijah to come" indicates that there was more than one Elijah, and at any point in time before some realizes something, there is a point at which they do not realize it. The "101 Bible Contradictions" list atheists draw from have all been repeatedly addressed many places on the internet. Feel free to google them if you are really interested in learning what the Bible says versus what the Atheist Playbook tells you the Bible says.

Man, you're just playing games...Matt. 11:13-14 & John 1:19-21 is a plain contradiction. I think that your denying that only hurts yourself.

Peace,
Ofo

ocrapofo, you're being exposed.
144,000 Messianic Jews, male and virgin, will be sealed from harm to evangelize during the end times. Has nothing to do with the rapture. They are 2 separate events.
Maybe there is a quilting forum you can post in where you won't get so beat up...

You are a very SICK person to just try to raise YOURSELF to be a valid opponent of THE TRUTH. Let's hear your answer to the questions in these posts, SICKO:

Christians I Don t Understand This... Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Christians I Don t Understand This... Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

May you continue to BURN in HELL, you LOSER.

Forum List

Back