🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

I know God loves us and cares for us. I also believe that we can grow and learn from our experiences in a physical body on a physical plane. And, we can also have fun here. Along with all of this, there is also a given we will experience tragedy and great sorrow--and perhaps great evil as well. I still would not avoid having this life.
I have no reason to accept that any gods exist so there is no reason to expect they would care for us.

The authors of the Bible believed that the cruelties committed by the Christian god literally occurred. Those cruelties clearly don’t represent a god who loves or cares for humanity.

The proof is in the changed lives of those who hear and accept it.

The same can be said for a great many things, that does not make them inspired by a deity. People who hear the Koran have their lives changed, it is also the inspired word of God?

People who heard/read Zig Ziglar had their lives changed, is he a god?

This is a beautiful planet, suited for the intended purposes of both God and man. A spirit being could live here, no problem at all, but all decided upon a physical existence with all that entails.
There is no reason to accept that any god had any intended purpose for the planet. There is no evidence to suggest a 6,000 year old planet created by a god. Claims to supernatural events are simply empty when we have no evidence of supernaturalism.

What spirit being is living here? I suppose alien beings living among us is possible also, but there is clearly nothing to indicate that is the case. Why should anyone accept claims to spirit beings, aliens, etc., when those claims are completely unsupported?

And yet 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 describes it down to the T.

Good thing none of this is vague or anything so that there are no disagreements on the meaning
If a rapture is vague, then Paul doesn't describe any rapture to a tee in that passage.

One argument, among others, critical of that passage suggesting a rapture comes from Ephesians 2:2. The same author refers to Satan as the prince of the power of the air. Satan is also in the air. If Christians literally float in the air at a rapture, then we also must believe that the prince of the power of the air literally resides in the air. It’s what the Bible says, after all. Believers will meet with the Lord in the air, where Satan also lives. Jesus, Satan, and the church – all together in the air.

There's no evidence for a global flood. Borrowing a myth and adapting it isn't even an eye witness account.
what history, antiquity was referencing their primordial metaphysical existence for their future.

a metaphysical event with an improbable result surly did become a myth than its intended purpose - over time. does not mean the event's outcome did actually occur - a local flood from the heavens that did lay waste at the expense of the congregation for a solitary figure they had demonized ...

and history - the opposite result in the 1st century - the undoing of the religion of antiquity. those victims revenge. the crucifixion of noah.

The same can be said for a great many things, that does not make them inspired by a deity. People who hear the Koran have their lives changed, it is also the inspired word of God?

People who heard/read Zig Ziglar had their lives changed, is he a god?
I remember Zig Ziglar.

Blues, Jesus came here to fulfill a promise made between Abraham and God. He came here to pay for the sins of the Jews. He was their kinsman redeemer. He didn't come to tell them something, He came to die in their place.

Last edited:
I think you’re missing some context. The Bible indicates an angry god sent a flood intending to wipe most of humanity from the planet. Nothing about that event in the Bible is indicated by the authors of the Bible to be anything but an actual event.
You see an angry 'god' based on the modern Western perspective of the English language taken literally. You already have admitted you know more about what causes floods. You have studied science. Have you also studied the cultures and histories of that time? If so, then you should be fully aware that your view of God is not theirs, any more than their view of science is not yours.

I have no reason to accept that any gods exist so there is no reason to expect they would care for us.
If you have no wish to seek and find God, that is one thing. It is yet another to make up defamatory traits for a being you do not believe exists. My testimony is that I have experienced God and that He loves and cares for all of us. Others have the same testimony.

Consider your best friend or the relative you most admire. If someone who does not know that person insists on making slanderous statements about them, would you care enough to correct them? Or not?

The authors of the Bible believed that the cruelties committed by the Christian god literally occurred.
They noted the consequences that occurred due to their own behavior. They did not consider them "cruel". That is modern Western perspective by some atheists.

Blues, Jesus came here to fulfill a promise made between Abraham and God. He came here to pay for the sins of the Jews. He was their kinsman redeemer. He didn't come to tell them something, He came to die in their place.
Jesus said he came for the lost tribes of Israel.

Romans...
Have you ever read the Bible? The Romans didn't care as long as the Jews paid their taxes. The Jews were very divided in the first century... With various factions collaborating with the Romans or killing each other and the Romans.

You see an angry 'god' based on the modern Western perspective of the English language taken literally. You already have admitted you know more about what causes floods. You have studied science. Have you also studied the cultures and histories of that time? If so, then you should be fully aware that your view of God is not theirs, any more than their view of science is not yours.
The Bible presents an angry god based upon what is written in the Bible. Have you studied the histories and cultures of the times? These were profoundly superstitious people who believed life was controlled by various gods who managed the forces of nature.

If you assert that the biblical flood tale and the erasure of most of humanity is a flawed interpretation then provide some evidence to support that claim. Are you suggesting the flood tale as delineated in the Bible is a translation error?

The Bible presents an angry god based upon what is written in the Bible. Have you studied the histories and cultures of the times? These were profoundly superstitious people who believed life was controlled by various gods who managed the forces of nature.

If you assert that the biblical flood tale and the erasure of most of humanity is a flawed interpretation then provide some evidence to support that claim. Are you suggesting the flood tale as delineated in the Bible is a translation error?
The flood story is a myth borrowed from Sumer.

Forum List

Back