A bit more of your merciful god.

They noted the consequences that occurred due to their own behavior. They did not consider them "cruel". That is modern Western perspective by some atheists.
The authors of the Bible were victim blaming? That sounds a bit far-fetched. How would you describe the actions of a parent who killed their children because the children were mis-behaving and a disappointment?

Ah. Those heathen atheists are to blame for a mis-translation.

What atheists? Can you identify them?

Have you ever read the Bible? The Romans didn't care as long as the Jews paid their taxes. The Jews were very divided in the first century... With various factions collaborating with the Romans or killing each other and the Romans.
So, they killed Jesus for telling people to pay their taxes?

Who do you think destroyed the Temple? The Jews?

There is no reason to accept that any god had any intended purpose for the planet. There is no evidence to suggest a 6,000 year old planet created by a god. Claims to supernatural events are simply empty when we have no evidence of supernaturalism.

What spirit being is living here? I suppose alien beings living among us is possible also, but there is clearly nothing to indicate that is the case. Why should anyone accept claims to spirit beings, aliens, etc., when those claims are completely unsupported?
Seek and find.

I don't believe aliens have landed, a flat earth, etc. That is why I don't post on those sites.

I do believe in God. It is why I post here.

The Bible presents an angry god based upon what is written in the Bible. Have you studied the histories and cultures of the times? These were profoundly superstitious people who believed life was controlled by various gods who managed the forces of nature.

If you assert that the biblical flood tale and the erasure of most of humanity is a flawed interpretation then provide some evidence to support that claim. Are you suggesting the flood tale as delineated in the Bible is a translation error?
I am saying you do not understand the Bible in the same way Rabbis who know the language, cultures, and histories understand it.

For whatever reason, you like your understanding. Speaking of superstitions....

Nothing new almost every ancient culture has a flood story.

This is just one more reason not to think that the bible has any divine meaning

On the contrary. The fact that just about every ancient culture has a big flood story indicates that it was an actual event that occurred, which gives weight to the bible being true, not the other way around.

Also, many of these flood stories from different cultures around the world have some overlapping details which is pretty amazing, and is more evidence that it actually occurred.

How would you describe the actions of a parent who killed their children because the children were mis-behaving and a disappointment?
Already been through this. We know God did not kill through floods and natural disasters.

In which, as always, God provided an escape. For over 100 years, people could see the ark being built. They knew Noah, they heard him give the warnings and they ignored them.

Of course they leave out that minor little detail. :rolleyes:

On the contrary. The fact that just about every ancient culture has a big flood story indicates that it was an actual event that occurred, which gives weight to the bible being true, not the other way around.

Also, many of these flood stories from different cultures around the world have some overlapping details which is pretty amazing, and is more evidence that it actually occurred.
Nope. No overlapping details. They all happened at different times.

Seek and find.

I don't believe aliens have landed, a flat earth, etc. That is why I don't post on those sites.

I do believe in God. It is why I post here.
Where does one go to seek and find evidence for supernaturalism?

I’ve found believers to be very quick to recoil in shocked surprise when tasked with defending what is in their holy texts. Why would a believer assume it is an attack on their beliefs when others raise some pretty obvious questions as to the morals of a “loving father” who routinely slaughters his children.

It’s not an attack to question the veracity of events in the Bible that presume supernatural causation when supernaturalism is simply not a part of the corporeal world.

Forum List

Back