Zone1 To Those Who Have Ears - LET THEM HEAR! Knock and It Will Be Given To You - The REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST HAS BEEN FULFILLED.

Well, I know the Bible well. The true scriptures of God given to apostles and prophets for us to know doctrine and truth. I’m simply saying that if the Catholic doctrine says baptism gives anyone the priesthood, that is contrary to the teachings of the scriptures. It’s also contrary to the Catholic doctrine concerning the priesthood and who can be a priest as well as called one. If you want to say you have blessings from a priest at baptism, I’m fine with that. But you are not a priest. Why you can’t see the hypocrisy?

Once again, your understanding is not Catholic understanding. You are fine with LDS understanding so no reason to continue.
Doesn’t matter. I can read, see and hear. I find this an example of blind faith. No logic or reasoning used. The obvious is present if the hypocrisy. Yet, you just say it’s a Catholic thing without support from the doctrine of the scriptures.

Well, I know the Bible well. The true scriptures of God given to apostles and prophets for us to know doctrine and truth. I’m simply saying that if the Catholic doctrine says baptism gives anyone the priesthood, that is contrary to the teachings of the scriptures. It’s also contrary to the Catholic doctrine concerning the priesthood and who can be a priest as well as called one. If you want to say you have blessings from a priest at baptism, I’m fine with that. But you are not a priest. Why you can’t see the hypocrisy?
I've spent decades studying both the Bible, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and the histories of early Church Fathers. The Kingdom of God and God's servants don't all belong to an ordained priesthood, a point you cannot seem to fathom. This ordinary (not ordained) priesthood is of ordinary folk proclaiming, talking of, and teaching the Gospel message. If you don't consider lay teachers--not to mention parents--who teach Christ's words and his ways as priests, it doesn't bother me. Call us unicorns if you think that is a better way to define lay people who spread Christ's words and actions. We happen to call it a priesthood with a priestly duty. This takes nothing from our ordained ministry.

Isaiah 9 contains a well-known prophecy about the coming of Jesus Christ. Verse 1 describes the northern part of the Northern Kingdom of Israel, which was the first area attacked when nations like Assyria came from the north. Isaiah prophesied that this area—known as “the Galilee”—would not always be so troubled. Isaiah promised that God would send them light and joy through the birth of a child who would break the “yoke of [their] burden” (Isaiah 9:4) and be called “Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace” (v. 6). All of these names refer to the Messiah—the King of Kings—and this prophecy was most completely fulfilled when Jesus spent most of His mortal ministry in this Galilee area (see Matthew 4:12–16). The prophecy continues to be fulfilled as the government, or rule, of Jesus Christ continues to eternally expand when individuals accept Him as their king and become eligible for the blessings of eternal life (see Isaiah 9:7).

Surada is really Muslim in her heart and refuses to believe the OT has anything to do with prophecy, revelation or the coming of the Lord. Of course, you don't either.
He is speaking about Cyrus being the Messiah.
Yes Jesus' NAME is called those things.

Doesn’t matter. I can read, see and hear. I find this an example of blind faith. No logic or reasoning used. The obvious is present if the hypocrisy. Yet, you just say it’s a Catholic thing without support from the doctrine of the scriptures.
This conveys your lack of understanding of the priesthood of believers, that even Christian Protestant Churches follow. Do you trust that all believers, through Christ redemptive work, gave all believers direct access to God which once belonged only to priests? This is called the priesthood of believers. Of my own knowledge, I don't know if all Protestant denominations, like Catholic, believe they have a duty to speak of and spread the Gospel message, to pray directly to God, etc. but other than the LDS faith, most Christians seem to understand the priesthood of the laity, of all Christian believers.

I've spent decades studying both the Bible, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and the histories of early Church Fathers. The Kingdom of God and God's servants don't all belong to an ordained priesthood, a point you cannot seem to fathom. This ordinary (not ordained) priesthood is of ordinary folk proclaiming, talking of, and teaching the Gospel message. If you don't consider lay teachers--not to mention parents--who teach Christ's words and his ways as priests, it doesn't bother me. Call us unicorns if you think that is a better way to define lay people who spread Christ's words and actions. We happen to call it a priesthood with a priestly duty. This takes nothing from our ordained ministry.
I will call you unicorns then.

Yes. A rose by any other name...is still a rose. A priest by any other name is...still a priest. Remember that as you call us unicorns.
Then you should be ordained instead of this confusion. I’m sure you call a woman a man or a man a woman if they want to be called as such.

Forum List

Back