Zone1 The Protestant Jesus and the Catholic Jesus

not true. Many of the Old T customs/scriptures.. were retained in the New T Church. Obviously, animal sacrifice \was discarded, as well as other things.
As long as the temple and the priesthood stood the NT church followed the "Law". When the temple and priesthood were destroyed, along with the last remnant of the nation of Israel, those laws no longer were in force.

Isaiah 41:8-9

But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, the offspring of Abraham, my friend; you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, “You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off.”

Isaiah 44:1

But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen!

Isaiah 44:21

Remember these things, O Jacob, and Israel, for you are my servant; I formed you; you are my servant; O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me.

Isaiah 45:4

For the sake of my servant Jacob, and Israel my chosen, I called you by your name, I name you, though you do not know me.

Isaiah 48:20

Go out from Babylon, flee from Chaldea, declare this with a shout of joy, proclaim it, send it out to the end of the earth; say, “The Lord has redeemed his servant Jacob!”

Isaiah 49:3

And he said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified.”

As long as the temple and the priesthood stood the NT church followed the "Law". When the temple and priesthood were destroyed, along with the last remnant of the nation of Israel, those laws no longer were in force.
God is the one who says what is in force and what isn't. Jesus gave us a Church, the Catholic Church, to show us what to retain of the Old ways and what to ignore or whatever. Actually, the CC reads scripture from the entire Old T, so scripture-wise, nothing is discarded. Practice wise, that's a different story (no blood animal sacrifices anymore, etc).

Forum List

Back