Zone1 Jesus did not intend for us to go by the Bible alone

I hear what you are saying, but the Catholic and Orthodox started that first division even though Christ prayed we would remain one. We have no right to complain about further division when we have not healed that first one. If it is not important for Catholics and Orthodox to reunite, how can we complain when others don't see reunification as important either?
Well, for one thing, they didn't totally separate. They are still, in practice, Catholic. I don't know as much as I'd like (whoever does) about the Orthodox except they reject the papacy. Other than that, they do the Mass the old fashioned way (i've heard) so they are far closer to being fully Catholic than Protestants. Protestantism is an entirely different "animal." And as I have said or implied b4, it is protestantism that is to blame (Luther, mostly) for how things are today, the insanity... drag shows.. massive corruption in govt. etc.. After all, if you can do whatever you want and not have to worry about Hell (or so people believe), why bother doing good or holy things? -it's the old once saved always saved nonsense that a lot of people believe, if only on a subconscious kind of level..

False beliefs destroy society..

Forum List

Back