what the hell is jessica tarlov spewing about exorbitant profits of Kroger

You mean like if there is inflation.

Nobody has anything I "need" except health care services.
I’m beginning to think none of you actually understand what inflation is.

Yeah, if everyone jacks up their prices to make more profit, that’s inflation. That’s the free market. You don’t have a choice. You have nothing to complain about.

Yeah, if everyone jacks up their prices to make more profit, that’s inflation. That’s the free market. You don’t have a choice. You have nothing to complain about.
you havent proven thats what they did,,

but we do know the government has done many things that have cause prices to go up mainly forced wage increases,,

If everyone jacks up their prices and it is not justified by labor or material costs, it is price collusion and is illegal.

Of course, so is crossing the border illegally and we see how well our vaunted prosecutor VP handles that.

But these suppliers are competitors and don't work on great margins (especially in the grocery business). Volume and turnover is what gets them their profits.

Economics teaches that if someone is making to much profit, someone else will enter the market. Where are the new competitors ?

Every tried to start a business under ALL THE REGULATIONS of the federal government ?

So, no, that isn't the free market. You are clueless.

When you dump a bunch of money on the economy, people are willing to pay more for products as they compete harder. That is what drives inflation. That is what happened when Biden/Harris poured all those extra trillions into an economy that was already ripe with pent up demand.

Get a clue SFB

If everyone jacks up their prices and it is not justified by labor or material costs, it is price collusion and is illegal.
Only if they actually coordinate about it. If they all just kind of do it at the same time, without any agreement, it’s not illegal.

you havent proven thats what they did,,

but we do know the government has done many things that have cause prices to go up mainly forced wage increases,,
If these companies increase their prices AND increase their operating margins, what does that tell you?

If these companies increase their prices AND increase their operating margins, what does that tell you?
it tells me they are free to do that,,

and we arent talking about them,,

we are talking about the things government does that forces companys to raise prices,,

it tells me they are free to do that,,

and we arent talking about them,,

we are talking about the things government does that forces companys to raise prices,,
Of course we are talking about them, because we are talking about inflation and their raising prices to increase profits cause half of the inflation in food products.

Of course we are talking about them, because we are talking about inflation and their raising prices to increase profits cause half of the inflation in food products.
inflation is caused by government intervention,,

higher prices are just what they are,, you dont like them shop elsewhere,,

Jesus Christ, what dipshit told you that?

And when you go somewhere else and prices are also high, that’s inflation. That can happen if the producers decide they would like more profits.
yeah when its a result of government intervention,,

its a free country so they can charge what they want,,

If they can charge what they want, and they all charge more, then we get inflation.

Thats exactly what has happened.
no thats price increase,,

inflation is a result of government action,,

hey I ca see your point but I am not a fascist and cant do anything about it,,

are you a fascist that wants to force private companys to charge a certain amount??

better to justt start your own company and put them out of business,,

no thats price increase,,

inflation is a result of government action,,

hey I ca see your point but I am not a fascist and cant do anything about it,,

are you a fascist that wants to force private companys to charge a certain amount??

better to justt start your own company and put them out of business,,
Price increases = inflation

My word you guys are dumb.

Forum List

Back