A Black man just stood his ground in Nevada (which is a “stand your ground” state)

Let me put it this way and let say you and I had a verbal spat and I turned to walk away from you and you scream “ run away kracker like the coward you are before I shoot you “ and I turned around and get back in your face do you believe your stand your ground defense would stand?

I am not saying the man in the OP is guilty or innocent and more evidence is needed but just assuming he is innocent as ignorant as white people doing the same thing when it is a white person shooting an unarmed black and what we need is more evidence to say yes or no if something illegal was done...

This thread is a total fail. The guy will spend time in prison, excuses aside.

Next he'll be crying "He called me Amish"

Don't know enough. Was his life actually threatened? Doesnt look that way to me.

Stand your ground is a high threshold to reach. Looks more like a thug itching to pay back some white MF
Seems to me that white guy was about to ground and pound the black guy had he not been stopped.

How do you guys think this will play out...?

A video posted by Talcum X on Instagram doesn't give enough information to make a determination.

So was the the shooter legally-armed? Did he have a permit to carry? Was he a felon or a pothead? Was the place where the shooting took place posted "No Weapons Allowed"?

There's a hell of alot more to "standing your ground" than just carrying a firearm.

yes it does,,,you cant start a fight and then shoot them and claim stand your ground,,,
How do you explain his retreating then?

Remember, the gun wasn't introduced, until the white attacker confronted the retreating black guy.

yes it does,,,you cant start a fight and then shoot them and claim stand your ground,,,
How do you explain his retreating then?

Remember, the gun wasn't introduced, until the white attacker confronted the retreating black guy.
we cant explain it because theres not enough of what started it in the video,,,

get that and then we can see if it applies,,,

Don't know enough. Was his life actually threatened? Doesnt look that way to me.

Stand your ground is a high threshold to reach. Looks more like a thug itching to pay back some white MF
Seems to me that white guy was about to ground and pound the black guy had he not been stopped.
or he was responding to an attack against him and his,,,
I find it dismaying that so many respondents on this thread presume to judge the man based on such scant evidence. We have courts and judges and juries to handle that task. Sometimes the intelligent response is to wait and see.

I'm not sure there's anything else that applies here.

Let's say the black guy started it, clearly he had a change of mind and decided to retreat.

At the point of the white guy deciding to attack the black guy now in retreat, he's now initiating a NEW attack.

No?

Let's say the black guy started it, clearly he had a change of mind and decided to retreat.

At the point of the white guy deciding to attack the black guy, he's now initiating a NEW attack.

No?
that would depend on how he started it,,

lets say he just tried a knock out game on him and the other guy wanted to detain him for arrest???

either way why didnt he stay and talk to the cops??? that makes it very suspicious,,,

what started the event???
Does the law state that it matters who started, or who's retreating or what?
OBVIOUSLY
Like I said... clearly you don't know anything about the law.
1) You cannot be the original aggressor
2) You cannot taunt or dare them to come at you.
3) You cannot be carrying out a crime.

At the point of the white guy deciding to attack the black guy now in retreat, he's now initiating a NEW attack.

No?
Then it is not stand your ground.
In order for that law to apply - you cannot be the original aggressor, or taunt/dare.

that would depend on how he started it,,

lets say he just tried a knock out game on him and the other guy wanted to detain him for arrest???

either way why didnt he stay and talk to the cops??? that makes it very suspicious,,,
Race-soldier Kyle Rittenhouse didn't stick around to talk to cops.

And he KILLED to unarmed people.

Yet and still, you and your ilk decided to not only culturally support him, but financially support him.

What's the difference?

Then it is not stand your ground.
In order for that law to apply - you cannot be the original aggressor, or taunt/dare.
In that case race-soldier George Zimmerman DEFINITELY got away w/murder.

He stalked, confronted and ultimately killed a boy that was walking home from the store w/Skittles in his hand.

Forum List

Back