A Clear Sign That Our Elected Officials Are Ending The American Dream

Reagan greatly reduced unemployment (continually throughout his term), the US experienced average GDP growth of 3.6% under his eight years, inflation dropped from 12.5% to 4.4%, and he reduced taxes on the Middle Class while an additional six million poor people no longer had to pay any taxes due to the increase in exemptions, deductions and earned income credit. He left office with a 68% approval rating.

And to accomplish all that he came close to tripling the US National Debt. And every POTUS to follow him has followed that trend with the exception of one.

Folks, what is really going on is the worldwide ? implementation of Agenda 2030. The global elite are using the Demonrat party primarily since it is the party of EMOTIONAL VOTERS and the path of least resistance; the Republicans are on the sidelines. We are heading for the END OF NATION STATES by using mass migration to dissolve our cultural heritage and therefore our nation. This is FOR REAL, NO BS. Turdeau in Canada brags that Canada is the first Post Nationalistic state.

If the average income needed to buy a house is $76k, and the average salary is $67k, would it be so terrible for the non-working spouse to work a part-time job while her kids are in school?

i can see raising young children as a full-time job when they are pre-schoolers, but once they are in elementary school and are out oc the house until 3 pm, it doesn’t seem too much to ask for the wife (it would usually be the wife) go get a part-time job so that the family could buy a house?

True, when I was a kid, the father usually earned enough for a house, but that was a modest, 1100 sf place with 1 bathroom and a driveway. And that was considered middle class. Now, middle class is a 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom with a 2-car garage.

So….as our standards as to what defines middle class have increased, the need for both partners to work has become necessary - at least one part-time.

If the average income needed to buy a house is $76k, and the average salary is $67k, would it be so terrible for the non-working spouse to work a part-time job while her kids are in school?

i can see raising young children as a full-time job when they are pre-schoolers, but once they are in elementary school and are out oc the house until 3 pm, it doesn’t seem too much to ask for the wife (it would usually be the wife) go get a part-time job so that the family could buy a house?

True, when I was a kid, the father usually earned enough for a house, but that was a modest, 1100 sf place with 1 bathroom and a driveway. And that was considered middle class. Now, middle class is a 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom with a 2-car garage.

So….as our standards as to what defines middle class have increased, the need for both partners to work has become necessary - at least one part-time.
Middle class should be a 4 bedroom 2 stall garage with 2 new vehicles, not a small house with an old used car.

Middle class should be a 4 bedroom 2 stall garage with 2 new vehicles, not a small house with an old used car.
Well, that there is the problem - the escalating lifestyle now interpreted as middle class.

When I was a young kid, we had a 3-bedroom house, shared one bathtub (not at the same time, LOL), and a driveway. Vacations were a one-week rental apartment a few blocks walk from the beach. We got our school clothes at Penney’s and Sears. Dinner out was at the Hot Shoppes. There was one car in the family, and Dad was in a carpool. And we all felt we were comfortably middle class!

Now, Americans like you feel that you need a large house, with a 2 car garage and 2 new cars to qualify. Well if that’s what you want, then both parents have to have jobs.

Forum List

Back