A Fight to Decriminalize Cookies (No, Really) Plays Out in Wisconsin

It doesn't change anything at all. One cookie or 100 million, we regulate food here.

Sure it does, you stated capitalism as the reason to regulate, this is charity. Fail

Also, many states are making exceptions to your view, so deal with it.

Our Church Outreach feeds hundreds every week, from hot meals to sandwiches and cookies....nobody is regulating any of that. Paintbynumbers is just arguing to argue
At that level, and good, the faith requires such a thing, it should be regulated.

[QUOTE="PaintMyHouse, post: 13269374, member: 47594]
That is not denial, that is the real world. If you are punished for mistakes, and they are, you won't admit them.[/QUOTE]

:blahblah: :blahblah: :boohoo:

But hey, this is the Land of the Free! And don't you forget it!

It is against the law to sell homemade baked goods in Wisconsin. Cookies, brownies, muffins, whatever. Those who violate the law potentially face up to $1,000 in fines and up to six months in jail.

The only other state with a baking ban this extreme is New Jersey. There is a bill, SB 330, nicknamed the "Cookie Bill," intended to ease up on this ban and allow home bakers to sell "non-hazardous baked goods" without requiring a commercial license or kitchen. It passed the state's senate on Tuesday but still has to make it through the Assembly.

Well, Cookies are a gateway treat. First cookies, then cupcakes. Pie. Even the hard stuff, like ice cream.

Next thing you know, its the last season of Breaking Bad.

PaintMyHouse you are avoiding my question.

Should I need a government permit to bake a cake for my new neighbor or invite many neighborhood residents over for a big, free picnic dinner in my yard???

It is against the law to sell homemade baked goods in Wisconsin. Cookies, brownies, muffins, whatever. Those who violate the law potentially face up to $1,000 in fines and up to six months in jail.

The only other state with a baking ban this extreme is New Jersey. There is a bill, SB 330, nicknamed the "Cookie Bill," intended to ease up on this ban and allow home bakers to sell "non-hazardous baked goods" without requiring a commercial license or kitchen. It passed the state's senate on Tuesday but still has to make it through the Assembly.

Well, Cookies are a gateway treat. First cookies, then cupcakes. Pie. Even the hard stuff, like ice cream.

Next thing you know, its the last season of Breaking Bad.
Ice cream, a good example of why food is regulated.

PaintMyHouse you are avoiding my question.

Should I need a government permit to bake a cake for my new neighbor or invite many neighborhood residents over for a big, free picnic dinner in my yard???
Not if you don't sell them the food, in most cases. Start inviting more than a few, like the example of the church, and now it gets interesting.

By the way, the banning appears to have been passed under Lawton. D

Sounds extreme, of course, but tell us, if I was cooking up my own blood pressure medication, should I be allowed to sell that at the Church Raffle? Same concept, safe food and drugs.

You do realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with the subject....right?

It is really unclear what the hell he was going for there.

Inmate of the Month at the Shady Acres Insane Asylum?

Forum List

Back