🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A funny but sad manifestation of PC

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
UNC Student OpEd -- Sexism Ruins My Whole Day | National Review Online
The struggle to be taken seriously in the age of subtle sexism

What we are doing to our kids really is a shame. The first article discusses a piece written by a pretty college co-ed athlete who is so consumed by PC that she wrote an article to describe the pain she "feels" as a woman. While it's funny, as a dad it's terrible to see a child whose thoughts are so controlled by PC that she is just miserable. Worse, there is no doubt that other kids "feel" the same way. In the piece:
  • When referring to men, she says they are people who "identify as male".
  • She says she wears Spandex even though it causes her legs to chafe because she's worried about her "thigh gap"
  • She's concerned that she's wearing too much "Carolina gear", whatever the hell that is
  • Situations that don't go her way happen because she is a woman
  • She points out that people are looking at her in gym class. Just her, evidently
This is a kid who should be enjoying her college experience. Instead, she has learned to be so consumed and hypersensitive by how she thinks she is perceived that she thinks the world is out to get her, and she is so self-obsessed that she thinks her troubles stand out from everyone else. Her self-esteem is shot to hell because she's bought into the narcissism of PC.

Funny at first, but terrible. Why are we doing this to our kids? I'm going to discuss this piece with my daughters, I hope none of these thoughts are causing them pain, too.

What we are doing to our kids really is a shame. The first article discusses a piece written by a pretty college co-ed athlete who is so consumed by PC that she wrote an article to describe the pain she "feels" as a woman. While it's funny, as a dad it's terrible to see a child whose thoughts are so controlled by PC that she is just miserable. Worse, there is no doubt that other kids "feel" the same way. In the piece:
  • She says she wears Spandex even though it causes her legs to chafe because she's worried about her "thigh gap"
  • She's concerned that she's wearing too much "Carolina gear", whatever the hell that is
  • She points out that people are looking at her in gym class. Just her, evidently
This is a kid who should be enjoying her college experience. Instead, she has learned to be so consumed and hypersensitive by how she thinks she is perceived that she thinks the world is out to get her, and she is so self-obsessed that she thinks her troubles stand out from everyone else. Her self-esteem is shot to hell because she's bought into the narcissism of PC.

Funny at first, but terrible. Why are we doing this to our kids? I'm going to discuss this piece with my daughters, I hope none of these thoughts are causing them pain, too.

I've had similar conversations with some of the millenial women I know. One is a web designer and insists that she's not taken seriously at her work because she's a woman.

Now, I don't know her work. So she may be right. But.......what is she's just incompetent. Or an asshole. Or too quiet. Or new to the company. Or inexperienced. Or a litany of other issues that she could actually do something about.

Instead, she discounts any cause that she might actually control. And jumps directly to the one issue that she can do nothing about. Its such a powerless position to adopt. And its her default.

If I'm not getting the respect I think I deserve.......I look at myself first. Mainly because I'm the only person I can actually control. If the issue is me then I can actually do something about it. Sexism would be dead last as a possible cause. As its something I couldn't do anything with.

I've had similar conversations with some of the millenial women I know. One is a web designer and insists that she's not taken seriously at her work because she's a woman.

Now, I don't know her work. So she may be right. But.......what is she's just incompetent. Or an asshole. Or too quiet. Or new to the company. Or inexperienced. Or a litany of other issues that she could actually do something about.

Instead, she discounts any cause that she might actually control. And jumps directly to the one issue that she can do nothing about. Its such a powerless position to adopt. And its her default.

If I'm not getting the respect I think I deserve.......I look at myself first. Mainly because I'm the only person I can actually control.
Life can be challenging enough without heaping this kind of madness and hypersensitivity onto ourselves, but that's what people are being conditioned to do, from an early age.

Every slight is an attack, every disappointment is a conspiracy, everything we choose to find offensive must be eliminated, because offending someone is prohibited.

Worse, it's all predictable, looking at the climate of our culture.

The first article discusses a piece written by a pretty college co-ed athlete who is so consumed by PC that she wrote an article to describe the pain she "feels" as a woman.

I'm offended that you mentioned she was "pretty".

PC is getting so bad they'll soon decide it's no longer politically correct and come up with some idiotic bullshit phrase to replace it.
There are actually people on this board who deny its very existence.

It's been extremely politically effective for them for generations, it's at the very core of their ideology, and they'll defend it all the way, no matter what, period.

And look at what it's doing to the girl in the OP. Do you think she's the only one? Do you think they care? They cheer this shit on. Nasty.

Last edited:
PC is getting so bad they'll soon decide it's no longer politically correct and come up with some idiotic bullshit phrase to replace it.
There are actually people on this board who deny its very existence.

It's been extremely politically effective for them for generations, it's at the very core of their ideology, and they'll defend it all the way, no matter what, period.

And look at what it's doing to the girl in the OP. Do you think she's the only one? Do you think they care? They cheer this shit on. Nasty.

I read what the young lady wrote, and contrary to what "The PC Police Are Hiding Under My Bed" says, it just sound like she's a young lady who doesn't like it when guys objectify her at an age where women tend to be objectified.

Hardly what Mac is portraying it as, but Mac tends to be kind of a drama queen.

Forum List

Back