A liquor store has opened in Saudi Arabia for the first time in over 70 years

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
It’s part of a trend by Saudi Arabia in liberalizing and looking for different economic opportunities. Other than oil revenue. They already have professional e sports teams and The LIV golf tour which is huge.

MBS is doing a lot of great things for the country. I spoke with two Saudi pilots in Bangkok who told me that in 2030 they will have some kind of a grand convention in Saudi Arabia… they expect the country to be one of the top economies by then.

In the last few years there have been extraordinary reforms in Saudi Arabia. Men and women can dance with each other in public. A man can go on a date with a woman who is not his wife. There are concerts in the country. Not too long ago this would’ve been unheard of…. many of the Saudi Muslims are saying this is the traditional Islam which is about freedom and honor.

I think the hope is to have a Saudi society which is rejecting all of the far left-wing problems in America, but yet embracing modern values…that would be a nice thing.

It’s part of a trend by Saudi Arabia in liberalizing and looking for different economic opportunities. Other than oil revenue. They already have professional e sports teams and The LIV golf tour which is huge.

MBS is doing a lot of great things for the country. I spoke with two Saudi pilots in Bangkok who told me that in 2030 they will have some kind of a grand convention in Saudi Arabia… they expect the country to be one of the top economies by then.

In the last few years there have been extraordinary reforms in Saudi Arabia. Men and women can dance with each other in public. A man can go on a date with a woman who is not his wife. There are concerts in the country. Not too long ago this would’ve been unheard of…. many of the Saudi Muslims are saying this is the traditional Islam which is about freedom and honor.

I think the hope is to have a Saudi society which is rejecting all of the far left-wing problems in America, but yet embracing modern values…that would be a nice thing.

What will happen is at some point someone else will get in charge and send it right back to the 16th century.

Of course , now that more than half their oil reserves are gone they've gotten smart and are diversifying before they're left with nothing. When the oil eta is over will we be prepared for what comes next. republicans seem to be trying to cancel out our future.

In the 1950s they had a beer store next to the commissary in each oil camp .

MbS's father was also a reformer.. these changes have been in the works for decades.

Of course , now that more than half their oil reserves are gone they've gotten smart and are diversifying before they're left with nothing. When the oil eta is over will we be prepared for what comes next. republicans seem to be trying to cancel out our future.

Do you know how they measure an oil reserve?

Why weren't there liquor stores before this? What kind of nation would not want people to have booze? Backwards.

We sure as heck want to never go back to the 50s. So glad they're never coming back.

We sure as heck want to never go back to the 50s. So glad they're never coming back.
What do we have That is truthfully good in America today.? I can think of Easier methods of transportation and better medical care. More advanced medical care for various ailments.

This is from a totally non-biased, non-political perspective

It was easier to get a middle-class job in the 1940s compared to today. The post World War II economic boom ushered in the greatest economy America has ever seen. Otoh today in America we have a 50 year high inflation, we have a interest rate on loans that is triple what it was under Trump. Home prices have doubled under Biden compared to what they were under Trump.

And keeping with the facts and non-bias … today in America It has been allowed and legal for a child to attend a LGBT festival with naked men. That’s an abomination my friend. It should constitute sexual assault of a young child. Now that’s a well documented fact we’ve all seen the pictures of young kids at these types of festivals. … such a site would’ve been unheard of in the American past and the great society that our parents and grandparents built.

I hope Saudi Arabia never goes that far to the left ie to allows children to go to parades with naked men.

I’m an old-school Democrat. I enjoy looking at the films and pictures of the old Auto and steel plants in America that brought us millions of jobs.

And I like an honorable Arab man that works hard while his wife perhaps stays at home and raises the children. Although today there’s a lot of female lawyers and doctors in Saudi Arabia. Lot of big things happening in that country.

Last edited:

Thank you for refraining from your usual anti-Semitism when you post.

You lost we with the far-left stuff, but thank you for sharing this - VERY illuminating!

Forum List

Back